Lawrence, Fields, and the 2021 draft if no 2020 season?

Epyon

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

Never thought of that, but that’s an interesting thought.  I would imagine they would do some sort of lottery, but i can’t imagine all teams would have the same shot of getting #1.  Could you imagine if the chiefs or ravens got the top pick and the dolphins or lions got #32?  They would probably have to have two or three tiers based off of this years draft order, or something kind of like the nba draft.

it would also be really tough because if there’s no NFL season then there’s no ncaa season.  How many times have we seen some projected to be the unquestioned, without-a-doubt next years #1 pick falter their senior season and plummet down draft boards?  This would present a unique challenge to scouting departments.

As much as the Chiefs being #1 would be unfair it would also be the only fair way of doing it...completely random order...I would do a random order for every round to try and make it a little fairer but still it's the only way...

As much as I expect Lawrence to go #1 overall even without a season in the NCAA it would be very interesting to see what would happen after that...

With a season Lawrence still goes #1...Fields is probably the 2nd QB off the board...the guy I really like and can't wait to see develop is Kyle Trask at Florida who probably would be gettable.

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

With a season Lawrence still goes #1...Fields is probably the 2nd QB off the board...the guy I really like and can't wait to see develop is Kyle Trask at Florida who probably would be gettable.

Task might be the highest rated returning QB in the SEC next year. Pretty damn steep drop in the conference there from 2019 imo. 

Might show he's is actually worth a 4th next year, I'm not particularly high on him but he might make a solid number 2. QBs get over drafted pretty regularly so who knows though. 

Edited by Sugashane

The NHL had this situation come up and I like their response:

The loss of the 2004–05 season meant that there were no results on which to base the order of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft. The league settled on a lottery system in which all teams had a weighted chance at the first pick, expected to be Sidney Crosby. The lottery was tilted so teams with fewer playoff appearances over the last three seasons and fewer number one overall picks over the last four seasons had a better chance of landing higher picks. The complete order was determined by the lottery, and the draft was conducted in a "snake" style, meaning in even rounds, the draft order was reversed. This system was an attempt to compromise between those who felt all teams should have had an equal chance at the first pick and those who felt only the weaker teams should have been in the running.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Task might be the highest rated returning QB in the SEC next year. Pretty damn steep drop in the conference there from 2019 imo. 

Might show he's is actually worth a 4th next year, I'm not particularly high on him but he might make a solid number 2. QBs get over drafted pretty regularly so who knows though. 

I have Trask just now as a mid 2nd rounder based on potential right now...which means he probably goes top 20 since he is a QB 😂

• Like 1