FFMD II ‘20 - Pittsburgh Steelers Front Office.

jebrick

What do you guys think of the QBs left ... Love and hurts?

Do we really believe in Ben's recovery and/or Rudolph being the #2?

I don't know why the hate on Akers, really young, played on terrible teams and still did his thing...and showed out at the combine ... I think his arrow is only pointing way up. And he's a good receiver too

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

My guess would be Tee Higgins. 

Yeah looks like they were between Higgins and Wilson with there 2nd round pick

I could get behind the Bengals trade ... A few picks down there will still be at the very least one of the RBs or maybe even Ashyton Davis

1 minute ago, Cbrunn said:

Yeah looks like they were between Higgins and Wilson with there 2nd round pick

I could get behind the Bengals trade ... A few picks down there will still be at the very least one of the RBs or maybe even Ashyton Davis

I would probably ask for 147 instead of 181 for that big of a jump. That would give us first pick in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th for 49. Let’s see how the board falls, I have a feeling one of the guys we have high on our board will be there.

Not a fan of drafting a QB with how few picks we have. If Ben comes back strong this year, it ends up being a waste. If Ben comes back and sucks or gets injured again than we will have an opportunity to take a QB high next year in the first. I’d rather that than add  another 3rd round talent. And they aren’t ready to give up on Mason yet and neither am I.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Curious why you are so down on Akers, is it just the value at 49?

Value... you said it.  To me, he is RB #4 and we have much bigger needs.  If we went back and/or had more picks, I would be OK with it.  I like him as an add to our committee, just not here.

1 hour ago, Cbrunn said:

What do you guys think of the QBs left ... Love and hurts?

Solid no from me.... doesn't fit the window, too many needs and neither scream future franchise QB to me.

I liked the Bills trade you floated.  5 picks back, and get an extra 3rd.  This is where the rub is... I wonder who they want.

Whelp... Higgins just went to the Texans.  We will see if they want to come up for anyone else.

11 minutes ago, kurgan said:

Dammit... Delpit to the Browns

Figured it would take us trading up to 40 to get him. We are 6 picks away from being on the clock.

Names I'd consider: Cushenberry, Gallimore, CEH, Taylor, Dobbins, Akers, Shenault, Niang

It looks like we will have to wait until 3rd round to draft a safety unless we like Chinn or Davis but they both seem like reaches. 

With the way the board is falling I think our best move would be to trade down with the Bills or Bengals. 

3 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Figured it would take us trading up to 40 to get him. We are 6 picks away from being on the clock.

Names I'd consider: Cushenberry, Gallimore, CEH, Taylor, Dobbins, Akers, Shenault, Niang

It looks like we will have to wait until 3rd round to draft a safety unless we like Chinn or Davis but they both seem like reaches. 

With the way the board is falling I think our best move would be to trade down with the Bills or Bengals. 

Don't forget Ashtyn Davis, Safety from Cal or Josh Uche from Michigan

Edited by kurgan
  • Like 1

For me I think the value is a WR, RB or saftey

Olinemen are there and wouldn't be mad, but I think you could get someone with the late 3rd with close to the same value as someone now

Shenault , Hamler , Aikye

And saftey I like Ashyton Davis, just because he can play deep ... and I feel Most every other saftey in this draft is more of a box saftey

That allows you to move minkah around, and let Edmonds drop down cause we know he isn't a back half saftey

I personally would rather take Cush, Gallimore, Shenault, or one of the RBs and wait for a guy like K’Von Wallace or Brandon Jones. I like Davis but he doesn’t fit the profile of who the Steelers usually draft (underclassman, big school, nfl blood lines etc). He will be 24 in October.

• Like 2

Doing some research.... Shenault my be a total beast.  I had no idea he would even be in play at this point.  I know the 4.39 is concerning, but he was hurt.

So... IMO, there are only a couple of guys that I could see getting signifigant snaps in Year 1, barring injuries:  RB (CEH/Dobbins), Gallimore, Davis.  I think Shenault is by far the best talent on the board rn, and would force his way into the lineup.

Naing/Cush I love, but I can't see them getting meaningful snaps, and we need someone to do damage in this window now.

My (right now) shortlist (no order):

Neville Gallimore, DT Oklahoma; Ashtyn Davis, S Cal;   Laviska Shenault, WR Colorado; Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB LSU; JK Dobbins, RB OSU

• Like 2

Bears take Hamler... 5 picks to go...

I'm OK taking Davis off... he is not a Pittsburgh fit and I am all about reality here.  I'm trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Still, 4 picks I am very happy with....