FFMD II ‘20 - Pittsburgh Steelers Front Office.

jebrick

@jebrick, @bigben07MVP, @Chieferific, @Cbrunn, @Big Snack, @MOSteelers56

1 till OTC... all of our targets (113, 67, 29 and 170) are still available.

We've got what, 40 picks until our last pick?

We'd have to expect that none of our other guys will be there... but, we've been saying that the whole time, TBH.

If we pick 113, we are most likely gonna miss out on 67, 29 for sure and maybe 73.  IDK if there is any value left there.

If we pick 67, we will for sure miss out on 113, who is really the last shot we have at that apple, so to speak.

I think there is 0% chance that 170 makes it to us again, but I actually like the other guys on the list for us, so I am actually good there.

If you MADE me pick, I would say #113, cuz he is our last chance at that spot.  Then I would hope that 67, 29 or 73 make it to 7.233.  The advantage is that a lot of teams don't play the same scheme we do, and they might make it.  Also, I need to look again, as there might be other bodies I am missing in that column that could work.  But, there are no more F's other than maybe 114, but he is more of a UDFA type guy.

EDIt 2:  Broncos going WR

Edited by kurgan

2 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

67 seems like he would essentially be a Matakevich replacement, no?

67 is more athletic and scheme diverse than Dirty Red, but not as much as UG3.  He would be UG3's competition for the nickelbacker snaps.  He is a higher floor/lower cieling version of 29, to me.  

I am all about 29... I have been on him from the start.  This is where I get my head and heart mixed up.  Head says 113, Heart says 29.  Absence of a trade, I don't see either one making 7.233/

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

67 seems like he would essentially be a Matakevich replacement, no?

Honestly my gut says 29 is the one person who 100% won’t be there with our last pick.

My final vote will be

My exact thoughts and order of preference 

7 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

@kurgan maybe you can elaborate on the difference between 29 and Wallace who we just drafted and the benefit of having both.

Gotcha.  I do a quick eval....

Both (with SImmons) were chess pieces that moved around and were matchup guys.  In some games, 29 was the FS and used his speed to cover while Simmons and Wallace played underneath.  At the end of the season, 29 was used as a ILB, basically mirroring whatever backfield weapon was more dangerous.  He locked in on CEH, for instance.  Simmons played deep and Wallace.

29 is bigger and less twitchy, so he is more likely to be a conversion prospect to ILB for us.  Since we are in nickel 45% of snaps, we need two ILB that can play that.  Bush is one, and right now UG3 is the other.  29 would be direct competition to UG3 for the nickelbacker snaps.  Wallace, on the other hand, not only serves as a backup S, but he can flex into the slot and if we choose to go "big nickel," he can be part of the system in either a deep half or over the slots.

Wallace makes the 29 (pr 67) pick less important, but not off the board.  We would still need the nickelbacker slot, and UG3 is the only guy on the roster rn that can do it.

Think of the Barron spot... 29/UG3 would compete for Barron snaps.  Wallace can help SOME by flexing Minkah down sometimes...

Edited by kurgan
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Sorry we are actually technically OTC until 6pm but would like to make the pick before 5:30

I know @jebrickis gonna pound the table for 113, but I'd like to at least have him weigh in since he is the GM.

Sorry... I'm a law and order type guy...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

Me - 29

chief - 29

jebrick - 113

big snack - 29

kurgan - 113?

cbrunn - 113

completely split down the middle lol..

God.. I hate picking, but with the connections, scheme fit, the ST value, I am all aboard #29, TBH.  But, I am as close to 50/50 as it gets.

Edited by kurgan
  • Like 2

Just now, kurgan said:

God.. I hate picking, but with the connections, scheme fit, the ST value, I am all aboard #29, TBH.

Yea connections with him is weighing on me heavily. I want to make realistic picks and I’ve seen him mocked to us a million times the past few months. 

Like Chief said, Kindley will indirectly effect 113s position and I think Kindley is a stud.

• Like 1