FFMD II ‘20 - Pittsburgh Steelers Front Office.

jebrick

44 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Here is where I am.  252/251 would make the team and is a big upgrade over the current situation.

Is there any guarantee that any other player we select would make the team?

I just can’t get behind burning a draft pick on that position after Sepulveda. I get that it’s late but realistically the Steelers go after one of those guys as an UDFA. I think they learned from their mistake on that one.

67 makes the team 100% IMO. We won’t go into the season with just Bush, UG3, and VW at that position. We need a backup for VW’s role. If Spillane has to see the field outside of special teams we are in trouble. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

I'm ok with a punter

Although I like I think it's 73 best

I agree a backup for Vince could be needed and to help make him expendable next year

I worry that his future is a pounder rather than someone like 82. 67 is closer to BigRed than anyone else.  What are you looking for for a ILB backup?

To be fair we still having a gaping hole at NT. Yes he won’t get 100% of the snaps but we at least need a body that isn’t McCullers. If not 67 I think we should go Broderick Washington.

Overview

Durable three-year starter and two-time team captain with leadership and dirt-dog mentality that defensive coaches will love. He's a little undersized but punches above his weight with grown man strength and a desire to play with force. He plays with some tightness in his lower half, which limits his short-area agility and playmaking range. Washington can feel the blocking scheme and attacks it with aggressive hands and upper-body power to fight and counter base blocks. He has below-average size and length and doesn't offer NFL rush value, but he has rotational value as a shade nose or three-technique in a 4-3 scheme.

Whoever keeps adding Agim back on the list, he was already taken.

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

I worry that his future is a pounder rather than someone like 82. 67 is closer to BigRed than anyone else.  What are you looking for for a ILB backup?

67, in this scenario, will make the roster.  The ILB would be Bush, UG3, Spillane and him.  His role on nickel will be less with the presence of Wallace, but he would be the primary backup in most cases.  I see him more UG3 than Dirty Red, TBH.  But, if the worst case is Dirty Red, then it is still worth a draft pick.

I could also see the punter as well, and grab a dude like 81/82 as a UDFA.  And a guy like 171/172/Washington.

5 minutes ago, kurgan said:

Whoever keeps adding Agim back on the list, he was already taken.

67, in this scenario, will make the roster.  The ILB would be Bush, UG3, Spillane and him.  His role on nickel will be less with the presence of Wallace, but he would be the primary backup in most cases.  I see him more UG3 than Dirty Red, TBH.  But, if the worst case is Dirty Red, then it is still worth a draft pick.

I could also see the punter as well, and grab a dude like 81/82 as a UDFA.  And a guy like 171/172/Washington.

ILB currently are Bush, VWill, UGIII, and Spillane.  i see no guarantee another one makes the team.

19 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

73 over 67 for me but I know I'm in the minority.  No injury issues and fits he scheme better.  However, not nearly as ready to play as 67 but talk about an athletic piece of clay.    

I agree

I'd go either Punter ,73, or 13

No on a NT for me

Edited by Cbrunn