FFMD II ‘20 - Pittsburgh Steelers Front Office.

jebrick

Hey guys I know I'm chiming in late and really just giving my opinion

Only IOL I'd take is Ruiz if he's still there ... I feel like you can get good guard in the 3-4th round

I feel like WR and S there is a big drop off after the 2nd round ... Maybe even OLB

What's ppls thoughts on the safety from Cal , Davis?

Trade from a position of strength.  I would be for it.  Sutton is ready to play.  He will be a UFA anyway, not that it matters in this simulation.

Isaiah Wilson off the board at the top of round 2... wow.  I am a UGA homer, but that is rich.

34 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

What's ppls thoughts on the safety from Cal , Davis?

Fast, scheme diverse and a veteran.  He is older and is a senior, so he does not fit the mold on that end, but is SPARQ-y enough and can play FS.  I like him enough and he fills a huge hole.  Would allow Minkah/Edmunds to slide to the nickelbacker.

16 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Reagor gone to the Eagles at 34

I put out a feeler for trading back from #49 and Mike Hilton, Alualu, and Duck 

Do tell... as a package??

I am not 100% on Aiyuk.  I am seeing Dionte Johnson, IMO.  If we go WR, I would love a speed guy like Duvernay .

Edited by kurgan

16 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Reagor gone to the Eagles at 34

I put out a feeler for trading back from #49 and Mike Hilton, Alualu, and Duck 

I wouldn't trade Alualu.  He's not gonna be a piece that makes GMs say..."Oh yeah, we gotta make that trade".  But he is pretty valuable to the Steelers.  Especially with Hargraves gone and his potential replacement not even drafted yet.  

2 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I wouldn't trade Alualu.  He's not gonna be a piece that makes GMs say..."Oh yeah, we gotta make that trade".  But he is pretty valuable to the Steelers.  Especially with Hargraves gone and his potential replacement not even drafted yet.  

Hate to keep diagreeing with you, but with Tuitt back and Wormley on the roster, Alualu is redundant, IMO.  Not to mention the hopeful improvement of Buggs.  Not his age and price tag, even though this is not a part of this simulation.

6 minutes ago, kurgan said:

Hate to keep diagreeing with you, but with Tuitt back and Wormley on the roster, Alualu is redundant, IMO.  Not to mention the hopeful improvement of Buggs.  Not his age and price tag, even though this is not a part of this simulation.

I never shy from a healthy discussion.  I assume we're talking Nickel NT. That isn't what Wormley was brought in for I don't think.  Maybe he's gotten bigger but I thought he was more of a 3-4 DE type. That leaves Buggs and Alualu.  I'd keep him.   

*I see he is listed as 6'5" 300lbs which is heavier then I thought.  I figured him in the 280+ range.  But 6'5" is worrisome to me for a NT. 

Edited by Chieferific

Just now, Chieferific said:

I never shy from a healthy discussion.  I assume we're talking Nickel NT. That isn't what Wormley was brought in for I don't think.  Maybe he's gotten bigger but I thought he was more of a 3-4 DE type. That leaves Buggs and Alualu.  I'd keep him.   

In nickel, we use two "interior" DL, which in reality is our DE slid down over A and B gap.  That, 80% of the 60% of nickel snaps, is Tuitt/Heyward.  Last year is was Hargrave/Alualu when Tuitt got hurt.  With Tuitt back, Buggs playing late, and Wormley on the roster, all of the interior nickel defense is covered.  On the topic of Wormley, he is the run defender in this package, and maybe could be in the mix for base NT.  With Heyward, Tuitt, Buggs and Wormley, not to mention Big Dan, Alualu, to me, is redundant.