FFMD II ‘20 - Pittsburgh Steelers Front Office.

jebrick

11 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I wouldn't trade Alualu.  He's not gonna be a piece that makes GMs say..."Oh yeah, we gotta make that trade".  But he is pretty valuable to the Steelers.  Especially with Hargraves gone and his potential replacement not even drafted yet.  

Just putting out feelers honestly, may as well. I’m not too keen on trading any players if we are trying to keep it realistic but doesn’t hurt to look.

8 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

WR, I'd love a actual slot guy, true route runner

Van Jefferson , but he's not a 2nd round guy

I also like KJ hamler who's a slot guy with a ton of speed (our version of Marquise brown)

I like Van Jefferson too but he seems like a DJ clone.

NT is the position I’m most confident we will address by the end of round 4. We won’t go into training camp with just Mcullers as the only true NT.

2 minutes ago, kurgan said:

In nickel, we use two "interior" DL, which in reality is our DE slid down over A and B gap.  That, 80% of the 60% of nickel snaps, is Tuitt/Heyward.  Last year is was Hargrave/Alualu when Tuitt got hurt.  With Tuitt back, Buggs playing late, and Wormley on the roster, all of the interior nickel defense is covered.  On the topic of Wormley, he is the run defender in this package, and maybe could be in the mix for base NT.  With Heyward, Tuitt, Buggs and Wormley, not to mention Big Dan, Alualu, to me, is redundant.  

Maybe I'm talking more Base formation.  My Nickel keeps 3 DL (Heyward/Hargrave/Tuitt) and subs out a ILB for a DB but maybe that's not how the Steelers tend to do it.  So, who is the NT in the "Base" without Alualu?  McCullers?  Buggs?  Alualu wouldn't be sooo much better but he isn't gonna move the needle at all for any team.  It just seems like you're getting more value in keeping him than trading him.  

3 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Maybe I'm talking more Base formation.  My Nickel keeps 3 DL (Heyward/Hargrave/Tuitt) and subs out a ILB for a DB but maybe that's not how the Steelers tend to do it.  So, who is the NT in the "Base" without Alualu?  McCullers?  Buggs?  Alualu wouldn't be sooo much better but he isn't gonna move the needle at all for any team.  It just seems like you're getting more value in keeping him than trading him.  

It would make more sense to trade him in real life when salary cap is a factor.

Cleveland and Ruiz off the board.

2 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Bengals looking to trade up. Should I offer 49 for 65, 107, and 181 contingent on who is available when it gets closer to our pick?

eh... depends on who is there.  I do like the deal though.

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

DL: Watt--Heyward--Tuitt--Bud

LB: Bush-Nickelbacker (UG3/Edmunds/Sutton/draft pick)

DBs: Haden, Hilton, Nelson, Edmunds, Minkah

So, base nickel is NG off, slot corner on and MIKE off, nickelbacker on.

13 minutes ago, kurgan said:

Cleveland and Ruiz off the board.

eh... depends on who is there.  I do like the deal though.

DL: Watt--Heyward--Tuitt--Bud

LB: Bush-Nickelbacker (UG3/Edmunds/Sutton/draft pick)

DBs: Haden, Hilton, Nelson, Edmunds, Minkah

So, base nickel is NG off, slot corner on and MIKE off, nickelbacker on.

Or....

Heyward/Alualu (Rookie)/Tuitt

Watt/Bush/Dupree

Haden/Nelson/Slot/Edmunds/Minkah

Base Nickel is ILB (VW/UG3) off and Slot/Nickelbacker in. 

"Big Nickel"?

Edited by Chieferific

38 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Bengals looking to trade up. Should I offer 49 for 65, 107, and 181 contingent on who is available when it gets closer to our pick?

FYI Bengals are cool with this trade if their guy is still there and we still want to trade back.

4 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Or....

Heyward/Alualu (Rookie)/Tuitt

Watt/Bush/Dupree

Haden/Nelson/Slot/Edmunds/Minkah

Base Nickel is ILB (VW/UG3) off and Slot/Nickelbacker in. 

"Big Nickel"?

Too much beef my friend.  You would essentially be playing with 5 DL at that point.  The crux of that being Watt is the rusher, and Bud the dropper on most occasions.  Or both can drop and Bush/HIlton blitz.

The "big nickel" is a 3-3-5 with 3 safeties.  This this alignment, Edmunds and SS (was Kelly last year) play as 'dogs' that play the hang area, and Minkah plays the deep field.  It is wonky since Bud is standing in space, but the 3 DL are still Watt, Tuitt, and Heyward.

3 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

FYI Bengals are cool with this trade if their guy is still there and we still want to trade back.

I wonder who they want at 2.49??  Does anyone know enough about their board to know??

Updated (before bed ramblings):

I know its early but, no order:

Names I would be ecstatic with: Delpit

Names I would be happy with: Cushenberry, Niang, Davis, Uche, Gallimore

Names I would be OK with: CEH, Dobbins, Aiyuk

Names I would throw my computer through the window: Akers, Hamler, Taylor, Okwara, Weaver

Made some adjustments.  Really excited about Delpit, Niang or Uche, TBH.  Coming around on a CEH or Dobbins.

3 hours ago, kurgan said:

Too much beef my friend.  You would essentially be playing with 5 DL at that point.  The crux of that being Watt is the rusher, and Bud the dropper on most occasions.  Or both can drop and Bush/HIlton blitz.

As we know the days of the Fat Guy in the Middle are pretty much gone.  So I ask, who is the Base NT?  Buggs and Alualu/Rookie right?  I still say he's too important to move just to move.  But in the end, he isn't such an important player to warrant so much consideration either. -_-

9 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

I feel like that's too big of a drop down

I don't think we have that many holes to fill, we're basically looking for future starters and to drop to 65 is missing out on a lot of talent

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

I feel like that's too big of a drop down

I don't think we have that many holes to fill, we're basically looking for future starters and to drop to 65 is missing out on a lot of talent

I agree, it’s a big drop. Depends on how the board falls but I like it because it essentially gives us 3 3rd picks. 

We also may have an opportunity to slide back only 5 spots with the Bills to pick up a 5th and 6th.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kurgan said:

Updated (before bed ramblings):

I know its early but, no order:

Names I would be ecstatic with: Delpit

Names I would be happy with: Cushenberry, Niang, Davis, Uche, Gallimore

Names I would be OK with: CEH, Dobbins, Aiyuk

Names I would throw my computer through the window: Akers, Hamler, Taylor, Okwara, Weaver

Made some adjustments.  Really excited about Delpit, Niang or Uche, TBH.  Coming around on a CEH or Dobbins.

Curious why you are so down on Akers, is it just the value at 49?