FFMD II ‘20 - Pittsburgh Steelers Front Office.

jebrick

38 minutes ago, jebrick said:

ILB currently are Bush, VWill, UGIII, and Spillane.  i see no guarantee another one makes the team.

Disagree. Spillane is ONLY ST.  VWill is only a base ILB.   Bush will play 85%+ of the snaps, and UG3 will soak up some of Barron's nickel backer snaps.  If Bush were to go down, UG3 would have to slide over, and there would be a gigantic hole that neither VWill or Spillane can fill.

That is asking a lot of UG3 (and a rookie) but there is a spot.  Not to mention the ST snaps that were lost with Dirty Red (I know Watt will take most of those, but we also lost Holton.

Not to mention, we have expanded rosters AND we lost two ILB this offseason..

Edited by kurgan

You have Wallace to play nickle backer.  Bush will be the every down ILB with VWill coming in on "running downs".  UGIII will back up Bush and Spilanne will back up VWill.  To expect a 7th round LB to replace any of these is crazy talk

3 minutes ago, jebrick said:

You have Wallace to play nickle backer.  Bush will be the every down ILB with VWill coming in on "running downs".  UGIII will back up Bush and Spilanne will back up VWill.  To expect a 7th round LB to replace any of these is crazy talk

Again, I feel like Wallace does not replace Barron.  There is a hole at that position, and I have been saying that the talent is dropped off.   We have been talking about 67 since the 4th round.  I think its crazy to expect UG3 to play alot since he was hurt most of last year, but the ILB has lost 2 dudes.

11 minutes ago, kurgan said:

Again, I feel like Wallace does not replace Barron.  There is a hole at that position, and I have been saying that the talent is dropped off.   We have been talking about 67 since the 4th round.  I think its crazy to expect UG3 to play alot since he was hurt most of last year, but the ILB has lost 2 dudes.

If you are looking at that position then you want someone like 82.  This is why I want to know what you are looking for in a player.

For that role I want coverage over pounding.  But between Wallace and Edmunds I am not very worried about that spot

For a NT do you want the immovable object or something closer to Hargraves?

Edited by jebrick

33 minutes ago, jebrick said:

If you are looking at that position then you want someone like 82.  This is why I want to know what you are looking for in a player.

For that role I want coverage over pounding.

For a NT do you want the immovable object or something closer to Hargraves?

If you are asking what I want:

I want someone exactly like 82.  He looks like he could do what Barron did.  Better than 67.  I see the same type things in 81.

I think we have enough subpackage rushers now with Tuitt, Heyward, Alualu (meh), and Buggs.  Even Wormley does some of that.

I want a base NT to push Mt McCullers off the roster. (172)

So, if it were me, I would be taking the best punter we like.  I think we can get 82 and 172 in UDFA.  But, we could take them here as well.

Edited by kurgan

2 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I am a 252 man

There are other fat dudes that are not on the list.  (Again, 175 has already been taken.  There is a dude at UAB, and my guy from UGA, Michael Barnett).

We may only have 1 shot at the punter we want.

Edited by kurgan