Redskins Waive Money Owed by Richmond For Training Camp Indefinitely

MKnight82

https://www.richmond.com/sports/plus/redskins-waive-cash-owed-by-richmond-for-training-camp-in-2019-will-continue-to-waive/article_79e7a21f-e62a-5fc6-ae5e-7fc61eaa0f75.html 

Finally Snyder doing something right.  Bruce set up this deal to steal taxpayers money for Redskins training camp.  It was a bad PR move as it was heavily criticized by the local population (most of who are Redskins fans, so it just hurt the team in the long run).  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

https://www.richmond.com/sports/plus/redskins-waive-cash-owed-by-richmond-for-training-camp-in-2019-will-continue-to-waive/article_79e7a21f-e62a-5fc6-ae5e-7fc61eaa0f75.html 

Finally Snyder doing something right.  Bruce set up this deal to steal taxpayers money for Redskins training camp.  It was a bad PR move as it was heavily criticized by the local population (most of who are Redskins fans, so it just hurt the team in the long run).  

Dans been having himself a stellar off-season so far. He’s done some nice things. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I feel like we need to give Danny boy some credit this offseason and in the face of this pandemic issue. FedEx was one of the first places I can think of that was open as a mass testing area.

He was also the first team to pull all of their scouts back from travel a few weeks back.  

• Like 2

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

He was also the first team to pull all of their scouts back from travel a few weeks back.  

We get on him when he's bad, so we need to get on him when he's good. I know its a few things but this doesn't feel like the same owner we've had for the last 20 years. Will he revert? Maybe. But right now I'm enjoying this.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Not to be the negative guy, but do any of you see this as generating goodwill by the powers that be in Virginia in case he has to go back to him to get a stadium built?

Could be, it’s impossible to know what’s in the ivory towers heads at Redskins park, but that would make sense.

I don’t think the Redskins have a problem with getting a stadium built in Virginia at the moment. That could change though in the future. Let’s put it this way. If they’re smart, they’d get that deal locked up w/ the current Governor before he’s out of office. To my knowledge the State Senators, State Delegates and local officials approve the Redskins moving to Fairfax or Loudon County, correct?

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Could be, it’s impossible to know what’s in the ivory towers heads at Redskins park, but that would make sense.

I don’t think the Redskins have a problem with getting a stadium built in Virginia at the moment. That could change though in the future. Let’s put it this way. If they’re smart, they’d get that deal locked up w/ the current Governor before he’s out of office. To my knowledge the State Senators, State Delegates and local officials approve the Redskins moving to Fairfax or Loudoun County, correct?

Not sure on that. I know that I will be super pissed if they move out here.

Oh I also fixed the spelling of my county :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think the Redskins have a problem with getting a stadium built in Virginia at the moment. That could change though in the future. Let’s put it this way. If they’re smart, they’d get that deal locked up w/ the current Governor before he’s out of office. To my knowledge the State Senators, State Delegates and local officials approve the Redskins moving to Fairfax or Loudon County, correct?

I thought Virginia had drastically cooled to the idea of a stadium in VA, especially in light of how Richmond's been screwed by this deal. 

• Like 1

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

I thought Virginia had drastically cooled to the idea of a stadium in VA, especially in light of how Richmond's been screwed by this deal. 

Maybe, I was going off a few years ago. You’re probably right.