Bears Covid Group Chat

dll2000

Guys,  as someone that likes this place, it's a pretty safe bet that: 

In the middle of a national crisis (pick yours: shutdown or virus I don't give a ****)

+

Football forum

Productive discussion on politics

I'm appointing myself a mod, and will post Rosen highlights every time you guys bring this up. You have been warned. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Just picture this in the Navy and Orange!

I actually haven't given up on him yet. He's gotten a very raw deal thus far in his pro career. If Pace doesn't draft a guy (and who knows, he might not) then I have no problem bringing Rosen in...

We need to drop all the political talk.  I’m going to be locking this thread temporarily.  I’ll reopen it at a later time.  Again, I recognize that COVID19 is a serious issue that people want to discuss.  I’ve allowed a lot more political talk than I normally do given the seriousness of the matter, but we keep getting further away from the subject matter at hand.

When this re-opens please keep all politics out of this thread.  As other posters have stated, no one’s opinion is going to be changed on this type of subject on a football forum.  Further discussion of politics may result in warnings.

If you wish to continue COVID discussion, look in the This Ain’t Sports Talk sub forum; there’s a 200+ page thread there with a rather healthy discussion.

#joshrosen2020

Being on the opposite end of the spectrum from the front line I am the poster boy for at risk from this virus. I was in training for all this social distancing/ shelter at home stuff for the last year and a half as I spent all last year in cancer treatment.  On the age front let’s just say I get lots of mail from AARP.

I was just getting back to work on a regular basis at the beginning of this year when all this hit and I can tell you I was glad that the company I work for was a good week ahead of the official pronouncements.  About a week before the feds started warning people not to go to or through China my company not only stopped all business travel to China but told (that’s right told) anyone who had been to or through China and a few other places in the previous 14 day to self-quarantine and  work remotely from home for 14 days.  This was in spite of the fact that we have a large joint venture in China.  A good week before the Pritzker issued the stay at home orders my company told all the office workers that if what they were doing would allow them to work from home and they wanted to they could.  By the time Pritzker issued the stay at home order we had vastly expanded the VPN capacity of our network, and it still kind of sucks.

This working from home business is old hat for me as I have been doing it for the better part of a year and a half so I really don’t get it when people complain about doing it for a few weeks.  I do understand if you are just out of work and worried about paying the rent.  I do feel sorry for the high school seniors who missed the end of their last year of high school. 

I would don’t think that may people are panicking nor do I believe a couple of hundred protesters in a dozen state capitals demanding state government open things now constitutes a movement.  Yes when I heard about stores running out of TP we had two bails in the basement.  We also had a freezer full of food, a closet full of canned goods.  We even have some freeze dried stuff someplace.  Is that because we are panicking?  No that’s because we are used to not being sure when we are going to get to the store even though a Jewel is less than a mile from my home.   I think the panic idea is very overblown.  It’s not that the media is publishing fake news but right, left or center they are ratings whores and panic/frenzies sells.

I guess this is a long winded way of saying thank you to everyone out there who is doing their part to keep the healthcare system from getting overloaded and helping to keep some ICU beds and ventilators open because when I get this, and I fully expect to get it eventually, I may need one.  In the mean time I got money so my wife and I get takeout food two or three times a week to support local businesses.  We are also trying to decide where to donate the stimulus money when that shows up because we can get by without it.  Right now the Voluntary Action Center is looking like a winner as is a small wildlife rescue near us.  Any way you all stay safe and let’s hope Pace hits a couple of home runs in the draft this year.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Bfan said:

Being on the opposite end of the spectrum from the front line I am the poster boy for at risk from this virus. I was in training for all this social distancing/ shelter at home stuff for the last year and a half as I spent all last year in cancer treatment.  On the age front let’s just say I get lots of mail from AARP.

I was just getting back to work on a regular basis at the beginning of this year when all this hit and I can tell you I was glad that the company I work for was a good week ahead of the official pronouncements.  About a week before the feds started warning people not to go to or through China my company not only stopped all business travel to China but told (that’s right told) anyone who had been to or through China and a few other places in the previous 14 day to self-quarantine and  work remotely from home for 14 days.  This was in spite of the fact that we have a large joint venture in China.  A good week before the Pritzker issued the stay at home orders my company told all the office workers that if what they were doing would allow them to work from home and they wanted to they could.  By the time Pritzker issued the stay at home order we had vastly expanded the VPN capacity of our network, and it still kind of sucks.

This working from home business is old hat for me as I have been doing it for the better part of a year and a half so I really don’t get it when people complain about doing it for a few weeks.  I do understand if you are just out of work and worried about paying the rent.  I do feel sorry for the high school seniors who missed the end of their last year of high school. 

I would don’t think that may people are panicking nor do I believe a couple of hundred protesters in a dozen state capitals demanding state government open things now constitutes a movement.  Yes when I heard about stores running out of TP we had two bails in the basement.  We also had a freezer full of food, a closet full of canned goods.  We even have some freeze dried stuff someplace.  Is that because we are panicking?  No that’s because we are used to not being sure when we are going to get to the store even though a Jewel is less than a mile from my home.   I think the panic idea is very overblown.  It’s not that the media is publishing fake news but right, left or center they are ratings whores and panic/frenzies sells.

I guess this is a long winded way of saying thank you to everyone out there who is doing their part to keep the healthcare system from getting overloaded and helping to keep some ICU beds and ventilators open because when I get this, and I fully expect to get it eventually, I may need one.  In the mean time I got money so my wife and I get takeout food two or three times a week to support local businesses.  We are also trying to decide where to donate the stimulus money when that shows up because we can get by without it.  Right now the Voluntary Action Center is looking like a winner as is a small wildlife rescue near us.  Any way you all stay safe and let’s hope Pace hits a couple of home runs in the draft this year.

Not just to you, but all of the people in the high risk category take extra precautions and be safe.