2 Round Mock Draft (no trades)

badgers0821

Due to lack of time I didn't predict any trades but I think most people can go down the draft and point out where ones would make sense. Please don't comment about how your team should trade in that situation, most of the time I will already know that but again, just didn't have the extra time to do it but I will try to do one with trades at some point. Thanks for checking it out!

Round 1

1.  CIN - Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
  2.  WAS - Chase Young, DE, Ohio St.
  3.  DET - Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio St.
  4. NYG - Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia - I still think he is the best pure LT in the draft
  5. MIA - Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon 
  6. LAC - Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
  7. CAR - Isaiah Simmonds, LB, Clemson
  8. ARI - Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa
  9. JAX - Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn
  10. CLE - Meckhi Becton, OT, Louisville
  11. NYJ - Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama
  12. LVR - CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma
  13. SF - CJ Henderson, CB, Florida
  14. TB - Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina
  15. DEN - Jerry Juedy, WR, Alabama
  16. ATL - AJ Epenesa, DE, Iowa
  17. DAL - Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama
  18. MIA - Josh Jones, OT, Houston
  19. LVR - Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
  20. JAX - Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama
  21. PHI - Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU 
  22. MIN - K'Lavon Chaisson, Edge, LSU
  23. NE - Tyler Biadasz, OL, Wisconsin
  24. NO - Patrick Queen, LB, LSU
  25. MIN - Austin Jackson, OL, USC
  26. MIA - Grant Delpit, S, LSU
  27. SEA - Ross Blackloack, DT, TCU
  28. BAL - Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma
  29. TEN - Zack Baun, LB, Wisconsin
  30. GB - Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson
  31. SF - Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor
  32. KC - Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama

Round 2

1. CIN - Yatur Gross-Matos, Edge, Penn St
  2. IND - Jordan Love, QB, Utah St.
  3. DET - Julian Okwara, Edge, Notre Dame
  4. NYG - Ashtyn Davis, S, Cal
  5. LAC - AJ Terrell, CB, Clemson
  6. CAR - Neville Gallimore, DT, Oklahoma
  7. MIA - Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin
  8. HOU - Terrell Lewis, Edge, Alabama
  9. CLE - Marlon Davidson, DL, Auburn
  10. JAX - Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU
  11. CHI - Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Auburn
  12. IND - Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona St.
  13. TB - D'Andre Swift, RC, Georiga
  14. DEN - Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise St
  15. ATL - Lloyd Cushenberry, OL, LSU
  16. NYJ - Leviska Shenault, WR, Colorado
  17. PIT - Cesar Ruiz, OL, Michigan
  18. CHI - Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia
  19. DAL - Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia
  20. LAR - Josh Uche, Edge, Michigan
  21. PHI - Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah
  22. BUF - Curtis Weaver, Edge, Boise St
  23. BAL - JK Dobbins, RB, Ohio St
  24. MIA - Netane Muti, OL, Fresno St
  25. HOU - Justin Madubuike, DL, Texas A & M
  26. MIN - Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
  27. SEA - Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn
  28. BAL - Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolina
  29. TEN - Jordan Elliott, DT, Missouri
  30. GB - Kole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame
  31. KC - Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU
  32. SEA - Jonah Jackson, OL, Ohio St.
Edited by badgers0821

I really don’t think Fulton is a scheme fit for us. He also (imo) has been overrated by the media. I think Jaylon Johnson, AJ Terrell are both better and both will be in the 1st Round. 

For the next mock maybe give us Ross Blacklock, Jaylon Johnson, AJ Terrell, or Patrick Queen. 

Thank you and appreciate the time and effort. 

• Like 1

AJ is a solid player but not really much of a need for us anymore. We are pretty set at DE now with the Fowler signing as our main FA.  It pushed Edge quite a bit down the list for us on the needs list.   Now if he was just a BPA in the 2nd round type of thing i could pull the trigger on him just because the value is to dang good there. 

With that said you didn't actually draft either one of our 2 biggest needs in the 1st 2 rounds and my friend that just can't happen at all.     SLB and CB our are 2 biggest needs and you actually have fantastic players at both positions available to take there.

16. Chassion - SLB and Pass Rusher  he can not only do what AJ can do when called upon but also covers our SLB spot now where we realistically don't have a starter at all on the team.  Plus Chassion's value is better than AJ's right now so it covers BPA and Need all in 1 pick.

2nd -  Jaylon Johnson - AMAZING CB and imo better than some of the guys people have in the 1st round in Henderson and Fulton.  I would gladly take him round 2 or 3 and put him on my team.  Cushenberry's not a bad player and i wouldn't hate the pick but we have enough bodies at OG/C right now to cover the spot and not have to draft as high compared to CB or DT.

Edited by FalconFan13

9 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

AJ is a solid player but not really much of a need for us anymore. We are pretty set at DE now with the Fowler signing as our main FA.  It pushed Edge quite a bit down the list for us on the needs list.   Now if he was just a BPA in the 2nd round type of thing i could pull the trigger on him just because the value is to dang good there. 

With that said you didn't actually draft either one of our 2 biggest needs in the 1st 2 rounds and my friend that just can't happen at all.     SLB and CB our are 2 biggest needs and you actually have fantastic players at both positions available to take there.

16. Chassion - SLB and Pass Rusher  he can not only do what AJ can do when called upon but also covers our SLB spot now where we realistically don't have a starter at all on the team.  Plus Chassion's value is better than AJ's right now so it covers BPA and Need all in 1 pick.

I feel like most times I agree with you but this time I dont. I personally am all about getting AJE at 16 I think even with Fowler I think Takk is on his way out Daq let it slip they aren't going to take his 5th year option and I think he is a perfect replacement for Claybourn as a 1st and 2nd down Strong side DE then slide to Nickle DT next to Grady.  I still think Chassion is better for a 3 4. And while I think he would be a good SLB you can get one later since we roll a Nickle most of the time anyway and inexpect allot of "Big Nickle"  packages this year anyway 

9 minutes ago, Falconof Shadows said:

I feel like most times I agree with you but this time I dont. I personally am all about getting AJE at 16 I think even with Fowler I think Takk is on his way out Daq let it slip they aren't going to take his 5th year option and I think he is a perfect replacement for Claybourn as a 1st and 2nd down Strong side DE then slide to Nickle DT next to Grady.  I still think Chassion is better for a 3 4. And while I think he would be a good SLB you can get one later since we roll a Nickle most of the time anyway and inexpect allot of "Big Nickle"  packages this year anyway 

For me AJE is pretty much in that Allen Bailey roll who we just signed for another 2 years.  Then you have Cominsky who pretty much does the same thing and where as Takk might be gone thats not a given yet.  Where to me Chassion offers you alot more chances on the field as he is guaranteed on the field on all 3 downs either in coverage or as a pass rusher from the SLB or the edge.   Which is funny because i was the one like 2 months ago telling everyone i needed AJE over Chassion and arguing for it but FA and actual needs changed that big time for me.

2 hours ago, badgers0821 said:

NE - Tyler Biadasz, OL, Wisconsin

At one time i would be delighted with the pick however that's have changed.  Ruiz would be a better pick because of flexibility. Plus Andrews Pats Center says he will be back for 2020.  Lastly both players are not worth 1st round grade.

2 hours ago, badgers0821 said:

NYG - Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia - I still think he is the best pure LT in the draft

I'm always shocked people come up with every reasons to take a different  player. My favorite is did you see his combine workout.  As they say keep,   " KISS " . Draft Thomas and I will see you in 2032 draft when you need another star LT.

PS     I have seen some  so call Draft experts have him in the  low teens!  AYFKM !!!!!

Edited by m haynes

54 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

2nd -  Jaylon Johnson - AMAZING CB and imo better than some of the guys people have in the 1st round in Henderson and Fulton.  I would gladly take him round 2 or 3 and put him on my team.  Cushenberry's not a bad player and i wouldn't hate the pick but we have enough bodies at OG/C right now to cover the spot and not have to draft as high compared to CB or DT.

Yeah I personally see Bailey should only be a 4 3 DT he doesnt fit at Edge and is possibly cut after this year and we do not know what Cominsky is yet and may need more development  to even get onto the field

This would be about the worst case scenario for the Bengals at 33 (Burrow is beyond obvious, so not really commenting on that).

The second tier OTs (Jones, Jackson) are gone, the next tier of WRs are gone (Mims, Jefferson, Higgins), amnd the top LBs are all gone as well (Baun, Queen, Murray).  And the position that saw some of the top guys fall (CB), is the position we addressed heavily in free agency.  Given you aren't doing trades, I have no idea what they would do.  You could be right with YGM, but I could see them reaching a tad on an IOL or OT.