PSU AD: Two month lead time for CFB season

naptownskinsfan

I think that shifting the season idea could work but probably not more than finishing things out in January or February. If you go any further you really screw up the alignment for the following season. These are weird times. I think it’s good that they are at least going over all the different scenarios. I’m guessing we will have a much better idea of what might be possible or unrealistic a month from now.

17 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I think that shifting the season idea could work but probably not more than finishing things out in January or February. If you go any further you really screw up the alignment for the following season. These are weird times. I think it’s good that they are at least going over all the different scenarios. I’m guessing we will have a much better idea of what might be possible or unrealistic a month from now.

The "problem" with shifting the season back is that for a lot of schools the scholarships are awarded for each semester. So you could have early enrollees graduating or be on or off scholarship. 

Would the NCAA be okay with someone playing a game for School A in January during the spring semester getting a living stipend, and then grad transfering and enrolling in spring at School B? I'm not really sure how any of that would work.

6 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The "problem" with shifting the season back is that for a lot of schools the scholarships are awarded for each semester. So you could have early enrollees graduating or be on or off scholarship. 

Would the NCAA be okay with someone playing a game for School A in January during the spring semester getting a living stipend, and then grad transfering and enrolling in spring at School B? I'm not really sure how any of that would work.

>Acting like the NCAA knows what the hell they're doing

13 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Depending on the situation, it MIGHT be a safer place to play.

I've got money invested in Orioles and Redskins tickets, and really glad I didn't pull the trigger on any of Navy's travel packages right now.  I really wanted to go, as I've never been to Ireland and was considering the six day option (they had 3, 6 and 10 day trips surrounding the game.). 

21 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Navy AD Chet Gladchuk believes Navy/Notre Dame will be played in Ireland to start the season.  

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/10/nacy-ad-optimistic-navy-notre-dame-season-opener-will-be-played-in-ireland/

They played that basketball game on an aircraft carrier. Don't see why football can't be next.

On 4/3/2020 at 12:38 AM, Thelonebillsfan said:

I mean that's not even taking into account the "student" (obvious farce but they have to pretend) element of if we don't hit the curve until June or, even worse, if there's a resurgence in the outbreak in late July-early August. School can't open.

I'm almost positive there will be no sports this year.

This didnt age well

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Down to Earth said:

Not good news coming out of California today.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3121272001

Also saw a report elsewhere that Alabama was looking to replace the USC game in Dallas with TCU.

Wonder what happens if some conferences try go forward? Without getting too political, I could see majority of the ACC, SEC, and Big 12 pushing hard for the football season.