PSU AD: Two month lead time for CFB season

naptownskinsfan

Zero 20-29 YOA deaths in the United States from the Covid. 30 deaths in the US for those under 50. Find a way to test the players and play the dang season. With or without fans. If certain conferences or universities choose to abstain, whatever. Participants just play a mash schedule and let’s see it on TV. Goodness. The rest of the nation shouldn’t have to commit educational suicide by not having football funding. People in power are really making some preemptive decisions here. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:
7 hours ago, Down to Earth said:

Wonder what happens if some conferences try go forward? Without getting too political, I could see majority of the ACC, SEC, and Big 12 pushing hard for the football season.

The B1G would be split if you factored that in. 

8 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Zero 20-29 YOA deaths in the United States from the Covid. 30 deaths in the US for those under 50. Find a way to test the players and play the dang season. With or without fans. If certain conferences or universities choose to abstain, whatever. Participants just play a mash schedule and let’s see it on TV. Goodness. The rest of the nation shouldn’t have to commit educational suicide by not having football funding. People in power are really making some preemptive decisions here. 

That's great, but again the main issue is them passing it along to people outside of that age range. Unless you think you can honestly "quarantine" them away from everybody for 5/6 months. 

10 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Wonder what happens if some conferences try go forward? Without getting too political, I could see majority of the ACC, SEC, and Big 12 pushing hard for the football season.

Yeah without getting political I have these 2 buddies who are really split on this. One is named Mason, and the other is named Dixon, and they just really can't agree.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yeah without getting political I have these 2 buddies who are really split on this. One is named Mason, and the other is named Dixon, and they just really can't agree.

I’ve heard the disagreement between your buddies goes back over 150 years, something between their great, great, grandparents. Not sure what though. 

Edited by winitall
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

That's great, but again the main issue is them passing it along to people outside of that age range. Unless you think you can honestly "quarantine" them away from everybody for 5/6 months. 

I am aware of that, but then again, what are we going to do, hide in our closets until there’s a vaccine? There are preventative measures that can be taken here which still allows for CFB. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I am aware of that, but then again, what are we going to do, hide in our closets until there’s a vaccine? There are preventative measures that can be taken here which still allows for CFB. 

And I am sure there are teams working on them. We're going to learn a lot when all these states "reopen" soon. 

Interesting. Another potential thing we might see more of.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/05/12/alabama-usc-tcu-2020-opener/ 

Alabama is scheduled to square off with USC on Sept. 5 at AT&T Stadium Arlington.  It would serve as the season opener for both.

However, the state of Alabama is much further along than the state of California when it comes to loosening the stay-at-home restrictions.  Which could very well hamper the football programs in the Golden State in preparing for the upcoming season.

According to ESPN college football personality Paul Finebaum, Alabama is already in talks with TCU about replacing USC in that Sept. 5 opener.  TCU is in somewhat of a similar predicament as Alabama as the Big 12 school is slated to open the season at Berkeley against Cal the same day.