FFMD War Room

Kirill

8 hours ago, Counselor said:

Smart man

Diggs just had a very productive year in his first full year as a CB. He has all of the talent and measurables needed to be an elite playmaker from the nickel position in our switch heavy secondary, which was a void Fuller left behind.

• Like 1

well, next pick is way out of my time zone, thus a few thoughts:

Not sure how the rosters work, obviously some teams still provide updates/corrections. I'll go with the roster on the worksheet, ceated a little depth chart there.

Remaining "needs" after the departure of Jones & Watkins: DT (can be compensated by good depth at DE - KPass comes to mind), ILB (if Hitchens moves outside), WR, and IOL. Taking a look at the longer term: OT and TE

My priorities in round 2: IOL (especially OC), WR (bigger body) and a penetrating DT. A RB would be an absolute luxury pick, but if a guy like Edwards-Helaire is available I'd give him a thought. Two 3rd rounders helps a lot in terms of flexibility.

Some names (in order of priority):

Cushenberry (OC)
Harrison (ILB)
Pittman (WR)
Hamilton (DT)
Dye (ILB)

Edwards-Helaire would fall into the Pittman/Hamilton category if you want to go down that road.

Edited by KC_Guy

I disagree about C. He took a while to learn his role, but Reiter was doing fine in the playoffs. In the SB everyone but Schwartz was overmatched a little. Reiter was on par Fisher, Wisniewski and Doc. A young, high upside IOL would be a reasonable pick, but not a priority.

Spags does like the skinny DT. Bashaud Breeland may fit that role in addition to TK. A name to remember in round three is Curtis Weaver, Boise State. He's a tweener that some list as Edge. 

BPA is a good plan. I would love to get Blacklock, but I would not be unhappy with Ruiz. Also, don't pass up a great value at S. Guys like Delpit and Dugger tend to slide and both would be great at #55. 

J

26 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

So who would Dugger replace? Thornhill or Mathieu?

Sorenson and Fuller, maybe Mathieu eventually. Also, Thornhill may not be 100% at first, so it gives us depth at a premium position in our defense. We should value and evaluate safeties like most teams evaluate corenerbacks.

J

20 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I disagree about C. He took a while to learn his role, but Reiter was doing fine in the playoffs. In the SB everyone but Schwartz was overmatched a little. Reiter was on par Fisher, Wisniewski and Doc. A young, high upside IOL would be a reasonable pick, but not a priority.

Spags does like the skinny DT. Bashaud Breeland may fit that role in addition to TK. A name to remember in round three is Curtis Weaver, Boise State. He's a tweener that some list as Edge. 

BPA is a good plan. I would love to get Blacklock, but I would not be unhappy with Ruiz. Also, don't pass up a great value at S. Guys like Delpit and Dugger tend to slide and both would be great at #55. 

J

This is why I like Cesar Ruiz he can play C and Guard.

• Like 2

He's so pricey. If he is going to be Rodney Hudson it would be worth it.

That said, we do not need someone to step in and start and that is what you are paying for with Ruiz. I would be fine with any of several OG that will be available a couple rounds later. They may need a year or two to get up to speed, but we can give it to them.

J