Jamal Adams

Wobbler65

32 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Its closer than I think Cowboys fans want to believe. Byron Jones was a very good RCB. Adams might be the best safety in the NFL and is unquestionably a bigger playmaker. 

Also, it if you want to make it a fair comparison:

Byron Jones + 1st rounder

or

Jamal Adams + a 3rd round comp pick

Pretty much.

10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Its closer than I think Cowboys fans want to believe. Byron Jones was a very good RCB. Adams might be the best safety in the NFL and is unquestionably a bigger playmaker. 

Also, it if you want to make it a fair comparison:

Byron Jones + 1st rounder

or

Jamal Adams + a 3rd round comp pick

Yeah I forgot about the third round comp

On 4/7/2020 at 3:36 PM, resilient part 2 said:
On 4/7/2020 at 10:54 AM, plan9misfit said:

Don't get your hopes up on that one. As much as I'd love to just ship off a few mid round picks for him, I doubt that would happen.

Mid? two 2nd rders or a 2nd in 2020 and 3rd 4th rder in 2021

You can't be this delusional like...

I'm gonna hate if you guys are able to land him, but its definitely gonna take at least your mid 1st rounder and  probably a bit more to get it done.

Douglas learned from Roseman who gets the most value out of a trade.

He's not gonna ship off a great safety that will still be 24 years old when the season starts for not much return.

28 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You can't be this delusional like...

I'm gonna hate if you guys are able to land him, but its definitely gonna take at least your mid 1st rounder and  probably a bit more to get it done.

Douglas learned from Roseman who gets the most value out of a trade.

He's not gonna ship off a great safety that will still be 24 years old when the season starts for not much return.

Well then we may just get him for free next year. Cause his delusional trading like asking for Zack Martin is not gonna cut it. 

A pro bowler who needs a top of the line contract especially at the safety position is not going to warrant a mega trade. I could see us giving up a couple of 2nd's or maybe JUST 17 for Adams but that's it. 

Considering recent trades this year and last year. He's just not worth it and I love Jamal Adams. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Well then we may just get him for free next year. Cause his delusional trading like asking for Zack Martin is not gonna cut it. 

A pro bowler who needs a top of the line contract especially at the safety position is not going to warrant a mega trade. I could see us giving up a couple of 2nd's or maybe JUST 17 for Adams but that's it. 

Considering recent trades this year and last year. He's just not worth it and I love Jamal Adams. 

For free? How do you figure? lol

All I'm saying is that #17 pick definitely has to be on the table at least.

What trades are you comparing it to? Hopkins? I don't think that is an accurate way to guess what you'll have to pay to make this happen.

29 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

For free? How do you figure? lol

All I'm saying is that #17 pick definitely has to be on the table at least.

What trades are you comparing it to? Hopkins? I don't think that is an accurate way to guess what you'll have to pay to make this happen.

Sorry I meant 2022. That kind of for free if he becomes a cap casualty. 

No but Beckum, Ramsey, and Mack are a measuring stick for premium positions for cornerstone players then he's not getting that type of trade premium. 

We've already had the Jets try it and we shot them down. Sure maybe 17. But the Cowboys have become notorious for being penny pinchers in FA. So we may very well pass on a blockbuster trade if thats what their still looking for. 

38 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Sorry I meant 2022. That kind of for free if he becomes a cap casualty. 

No but Beckum, Ramsey, and Mack are a measuring stick for premium positions for cornerstone players then he's not getting that type of trade premium. 

We've already had the Jets try it and we shot them down. Sure maybe 17. But the Cowboys have become notorious for being penny pinchers in FA. So we may very well pass on a blockbuster trade if thats what their still looking for. 

Can't the Jets just franchise him? Teams really have the power when it comes down to it. 

I mean I can't blame you for being penny pinchers (probably smart most of the time), but I think you guys are overrating how valuable 17th overall is.

Feel like he would be a really great piece for your defense and you guys should be shooting for a Super Bowl right now.

I'm down for you guys passing and taking Kenneth Murray at 17 though! ;)

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

On 4/17/2020 at 9:17 PM, Matts4313 said:

Who is "D4ky Burgers" and why should we trust this tweet?

Also, we had a deal almost done with Dak last August according to almost every beat reporter. The GTD $ is the issue. 

He repeating what Fish was saying. According to Fish, when they were trying to trade last season they were going to immediately give Adams an extension. 

They have the money to sign Dak and Adams. The just don't think the Jets want the Cowboys to have him and I don't blame them.

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Can't the Jets just franchise him? Teams really have the power when it comes down to it. 

I mean I can't blame you for being penny pinchers (probably smart most of the time), but I think you guys are overrating how valuable 17th overall is.

Feel like he would be a really great piece for your defense and you guys should be shooting for a Super Bowl right now.

I'm down for you guys passing and taking Kenneth Murray at 17 though! ;)

????? On the chance that Smith and LVE return to 2018 form you want another potential pro bowler back there running down  Mr Glass?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...