Jamal Adams

Wobbler65

2 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

So you dont want to pay Buckner so you trade him, bit you'd trade draft capital and have to pay Adams top money.  Does not make sense at all, especially when you can grab a top safety prospect in the 2nd

I said the same. Especially when the position that Adams plays is not an issue at all. I mean, Tartt isn't an all pro back there, but he's a quality safety and his importance / play was very apparent for niner fans when he went down with injury for a few weeks last year. The team really struggled without him. He's one of those guys that you don't hear his name called very often in the good way. Just kind of does his job. 

There's no way the 49ers are legitimately in on Adams, especially when Kittle's deal is going to take priority anyway. 

What about a 1st and 3rd and upgrade the 3rd to a 2nd (and swapping the higher third with the Jets) if we make the playoffs and Adams is signed to a long term deal after this season? Then it becomes entirely performance based. I don't think giving picks in the lower half of each round is devastating to an overall young team that will have talent signed long term. Besides Tryon Smith, I don't see any gaping holes on the roster in the next couple of years assuming Dak signs long term. The Jets will be awful and Dallas will end up with a high 3rd plus potential compensatory picks.  

Edited by WheatieMan

On 6/27/2020 at 12:45 PM, Northland said:

I love Adams.  I'm not giving up Collins. 

This. 

Strong athletic tackle who can get to the second level who’s playing at pro bowl level ( huge snub last year) and seemingly still getting better and he’s on a bargain contract. About as close to untouchable as you can get. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2020 at 11:56 AM, MKnight82 said:

You guys dodged a bullet here.  Ridiculous amount of draft picks and money for a safety.

Unrealistic haul for the position. That said, I'd have given it if safety was the primary hole. With Byron gone, the team needs more than one quality DB. And corner is much more valuable.