Pace: There will be open competition between Foles & Trub

malagabears

I think, fair or not, the "competition" is tilted in Trubisky's favor. Unless he completely ****s the bed and/or Foles clearly outperforms him in camp/pre-season, Mitch will be the starter.

I think he's going to be given at least 5 games to prove his development is back on the ascent. If he doesn't do that/can't do that, pull the plug and call it quits on the kid.

5 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I don't wanna hear it. Microwave and coffee pot both died within the last week. I went to Walmart yesterday and the only microwaves they had in stock were too small and 250 dollar ones (not paying that much for a microwave). 

Just wait 'til TP gets to $1 a sheet.  Constipation will become a welcome affliction. LOL

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

With limited to no off-season programs are they gonna battle it out on Madden then or what? 

Measured accuracy with Nerf Footballs thrown through a toilet seat hung on clothesline.   All items found in most homes.

Distances will be 15', 20' and 25'. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, soulman said:

Measured accuracy with Nerf Footballs thrown through a toilet seat hung on clothesline.   All items found in most homes.

Distances will be 15', 20' and 25'. 

Gotta make it short to 5" to compensate for Nagy's play-calling tho.

• Like 1

The key stat I saw when we first grabbed Foles, is that his overall accuracy only drops by like 10% total going across all the   0-5 yards, 5-10 yards, 10-20 yards, and 20+ yard brackets

Biscuit drops 10% every single bracket, and is one of the worst downfield passers in the league.

I see no way Foles isn't starting by week 4, assuming we have a season at all, unless Mitch makes some kind of miraculous recovery. Teams are absolutely not afraid of Mitch beating them with his arm. If Nagy really wants this to be a "touchdown to checkdown" offense, Foles is our starter. I'm honestly not even confident Mitch would beat out a longshot qb, if we tried one.... I'd bet money Fromm would outperform Mitch, for example, and I don't even like Fromm as a prospect.

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

With limited to no off-season programs are they gonna battle it out on Madden then or what? 

Madden's probably too stressful for Mitch. :o

12 hours ago, G08 said:

I think, fair or not, the "competition" is tilted in Trubisky's favor. Unless he completely ****s the bed and/or Foles clearly outperforms him in camp/pre-season, Mitch will be the starter.

I think he's going to be given at least 5 games to prove his development is back on the ascent. If he doesn't do that/can't do that, pull the plug and call it quits on the kid.

tenor.gif

22 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Lucky bastard. Go back and get me a microwave then dammit lol. 

When all of this started we wasn't going to be one of those greedy people who bought everything in site without thinking of others and so we only bought 2 packs of TP and 2 paper towels. Knowing we was going to run out. Which we did.  Luckily, a friend of mine got a bunch of industrial rolls of TP from work before this **** happened and gave us 8 of them. Already out of paper towels though but we manage by using my shop towels in the garage.

IMG

We went to Costco and picked up our monthly bail of TP and bail of paper towels a couple of days before all the social distancing stuff started9_9

Foles or Trubisky?  Something that will be debated all offseason and won’t stop into the season.

Here is thing though.  Neither of these guys has ever made it through a full NFL season.

So regardless of who wins the job you are getting Foles AND Trubisky.

• Like 2

Mitch will get first shot but we can all bet that Foles didn't come here just to be Mitch's backup.  Not with another $6 mil in incentives on the table to be won.  Foles is gonna push Mitch hard and either he steps up and becomes that #2 overall draft pick or he's gets pushed to the bench.  And he has millions riding on this "competition" as well so I'm anxious to see how it all turns out.

On 4/4/2020 at 1:24 AM, Epyon said:

The key stat I saw when we first grabbed Foles, is that his overall accuracy only drops by like 10% total going across all the   0-5 yards, 5-10 yards, 10-20 yards, and 20+ yard brackets

Biscuit drops 10% every single bracket, and is one of the worst downfield passers in the league.

I see no way Foles isn't starting by week 4, assuming we have a season at all, unless Mitch makes some kind of miraculous recovery. Teams are absolutely not afraid of Mitch beating them with his arm. If Nagy really wants this to be a "touchdown to checkdown" offense, Foles is our starter. I'm honestly not even confident Mitch would beat out a longshot qb, if we tried one.... I'd bet money Fromm would outperform Mitch, for example, and I don't even like Fromm as a prospect.

I'm not a fan of Foles and fully believe if they had a fair competition that he'd have the gig won by week 2 or 3 of the preseason. 

I've stated Eason, Hurts, Gordon and Fromm could probably beat Tru outright in a fair fight too. The initial adjustment to the NFL game would be rough for them but so is hitting anything that isn't a 50/50, curl or drag route for Tru. *shrugs*

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Foles or Trubisky?  Something that will be debated all offseason and won’t stop into the season.

Here is thing though.  Neither of these guys has ever made it through a full NFL season.

So regardless of who wins the job you are getting Foles AND Trubisky.

Wow. That became an oddly dark post. Lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Wow. That became an oddly dark post. Lol 

Oddly dark times.

But I wasn’t meaning it was going to be a huge injury.   But odds are very slim either will play every game.  

Our O line if everything goes perfect may be slightly above average and our TEs are below average blockers.

Most NFL O lines aren’t that great though.  

• Like 1