Burn Notice (S1) Mafia: Game Over (UPDATED)

SwAg

18 minutes ago, The Orca said:

1 BCB- Mookie

3 Daboyle- Slappy, Wolf, Matts

2 Slappy- Daboyle, Glen

2 Mission- Mwil, Bcb

1 Malf- Malf

1 Dome- Heimdallr

1 Mwil- Racks 

1 Counselor- Dome

1 Orca- Pwny 

2 Pwny- Josh, Pickle

10 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

We should probably start getting to a consensus on our lynch, so I'll switch over to mission. I still don't trust dome but at least he is active. 

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

dome

placeholder vote

reading up

1 BCB- Mookie

2 Slappy- Daboyle, Glen

3 Mission- Mwil, Bcb, Heimdallr 

1 Malf- Malf

1 Mwil- Racks 

1 Counselor- Dome

1 Orca- Pwny 

2 Pwny- Josh, Pickle

1 Dome- Sanchez

Just now, Matts4313 said:

As a rule of thumb, what would you say the purpose of the vote is?

It would be dependent on whose vote is in question.  

So for me I do it for varying reasons (especially lately and especially d1). 

For people like ksj and squire, they do it as scum a lot, they do it to avoid partaking in discussion or having to make a decision and drawing attention to themselves.  And it usually doesnt stop at 23.5 but goes the full 24 hours 

For players like touch, as town, they have done it to avoid letting scum know their reads 

A lot depends on the person 

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

It would be dependent on whose vote is in question.  

So for me I do it for varying reasons (especially lately and especially d1). 

For people like ksj and squire, they do it as scum a lot, they do it to avoid partaking in discussion or having to make a decision and drawing attention to themselves.  And it usually doesnt stop at 23.5 but goes the full 24 hours 

For players like touch, as town, they have done it to avoid letting scum know their reads 

A lot depends on the person 

You apparently didnt read "as a rule of thumb". So I will just give you the answer. As town, your vote - for 23.5 hours - is a tool to generate reads. To use it most effectively, you must cluster with other people to apply pressure. Even if its not your #1 read. It provides information. The last .5 hours you use the information gained from the previous 23.5 hours to make a case on someone you actually want to lynch. 

If you understood this - explain it to @The Orca and @JoshstraDaymus. Then slap them for not voting Daboyle with me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You apparently didnt read "as a rule of thumb". So I will just give you the answer. As town, your vote - for 23.5 hours - is a tool to generate reads. To use it most effectively, you must cluster with other people to apply pressure. Even if its not your #1 read. It provides information. The last .5 hours you use the information gained from the previous 23.5 hours to make a case on someone you actually want to lynch. 

If you understood this - explain it to @The Orca and @JoshstraDaymus. Then slap them for not voting Daboyle with me. 

I agree with all this... 

And I want to make it clear (for the reasons matts listed above) that simply voting for someone D1 does not mean you “nailed them”

just to be clear

i think you’re all great btw 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Wouldn't I have to slap myself as well?

I also vehemently disagree with doing this bc it generally is not as fruitful.  Now it can lead to other reads based on that action but is hardly ever successful in that moment.  

D1 however is better to do it if it must be done.  

1 minute ago, Dome said:

I agree with all this... 

And I want to make it clear (for the reasons matts listed above) that simply voting for someone D1 does not mean you “nailed them”

just to be clear

i think you’re all great btw 

I want to comment on this but will refrain.  

2 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I also vehemently disagree with doing this bc it generally is not as fruitful. 

With all due respect to you and your process, I’m not sure how much fruit most of your reaction tests reap either 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Orca said:

1 BCB- Mookie

2 Slappy- Daboyle, Glen

1 Malf- Malf

1 Mwil- Racks 

1 Counselor- Dome

1 Orca- Pwny 

2 Pwny- Josh, Pickle

1 Dome- Sanchez

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Mookie

1 BCB- Mookie

2 Slappy- Daboyle, Glen

1 Malf- Malf

1 Mwil- Racks 

1 Counselor- Dome

1 Orca- Pwny 

2 Pwny- Josh, Pickle

1 Dome- Sanchez

1 Mookie- Squire

8 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Wouldn't I have to slap myself as well?

I also vehemently disagree with doing this bc it generally is not as fruitful.  Now it can lead to other reads based on that action but is hardly ever successful in that moment.  

D1 however is better to do it if it must be done.  

Yes, you would need to slap yourself as well. It is the proven most successful strategy of using the vote.