Burn Notice (S1) Mafia: Game Over (UPDATED)

SwAg

5 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

In the writeup it seemed like the bad guys agreed to work together. The main takeaway is that there is a Western-aligned faction, and an unlikely-ally faction, both working against the bad guy faction. 

So, would your first reaction be “multiple scum and Indy factions”? 

18 hours ago, SwAg said:

The sun beat down upon the dense concrete jungle known as Miami.  It is a place of paradise.  There are scantily-clad women, properly made beverages, delicious cultural foods, party drugs -- you name it!  But with paradise comes trouble, and you can make that double!  Because with this vast intersection of cultures and people from all walks of life, there will always be certain individuals who seek to capitalize on the vulnerable for their own gain.

These individuals once ran this city.  Even now, they still maintain power but they've certainly suffered a loss of influence.  Until now?

He's a damn ghost.  We are never going to be able to get back to business as usual with him around.

Hmph.  Hardly.  I see him as more of a you problem than a me problem.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?  You think just because he hasn't come for you directly yet that will stop him?

We all need to settle down.  We called this meeting to get ahead of this problem.  Our endeavors have been hampered, and banding together is the only wa--

Yeah, yeah, teamwork.  Yada yada feel-good bull****.  How about you all just stay out of my way, or you'll catch a bullet as quick as this guy.

The group observed their fragile but necessary alliance with less than enthusiasm... but after a tense discussion, the group decided that a common enemy is enough to unite them.

We need more on this guy.  We cannot keep playing this game at a disadvantage.

I got some boats we can rock, we'll get something on this guy.

A few days later, the body of SwAg washed up on Miami beach.  There were clear signs of torture... I don't think anyone could hold out information under those circumstances... poor bastard, whoever he was.  He is unidentifiable, but he was certainly not a bad guy.  He was Westen-Aligned... or at least Unlikely Allies-Aligned.

1. With paradise comes trouble and you can make that double. I take this as signifying 2 scum groups

2. There will always be certain individuals who seek to capitalize on the vulnerable for their own gain. I take this to signify a few indies. Added that much of season one and the show there are indivudual/groups of bad guys that appear for just 1 episode or a few, not throughout

3. These individuals once ran this city. Further reinforces  #2

4. Dialogue. Bad guys coming together to stop a problem (Ghost- Westen). 1 guy threatens everyone (SK maybe)

5. Bad guys unite. Maybe a scum group of individual bad guys in season 1

6. They take a boat to extract info. Good guys Westen and/or Unlikley Allies are revealed showing two town groups possibly with Swag being tortured by the bad guys above 

@Matts4313

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Orca said:

1. With paradise comes trouble and you can make that double. I take this as signifying 2 scum groups

2. There will always be certain individuals who seek to capitalize on the vulnerable for their own gain. I take this to signify a few indies. Added that much of season one and the show there are indivudual/groups of bad guys that appear for just 1 episode or a few, not throughout

3. These individuals once ran this city. Further reinforces  #2

4. Dialogue. Bad guys coming together to stop a problem (Ghost- Westen). 1 guy threatens everyone (SK maybe)

5. Bad guys unite. Maybe a scum group of individual bad guys in season 1

6. They take a boat to extract info. Good guys Westen and/or Unlikley Allies are revealed showing two town groups possibly with Swag being tortured by the bad guys above 

@Matts4313

The fact that it says they reach an alliance and banded together negates most of this. The only part that really sticks out is the "make that double".

The group observed their fragile but necessary alliance with less than enthusiasm... but after a tense discussion, the group decided that a common enemy is enough to unite them.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

The fact that it says they reach an alliance and banded together negates most of this. The only part that really sticks out is the "make that double".

Its possible, but given the show and Swag's use of individuals I'd lean to some indies, also this is a large game

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

It's been quoted a few times now, get to it 

Thanks for the offer, but I politely decline

i know you were talking touch, and I didn’t mean to eavesdrop, it just happened 

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

Thanks for the offer, but I politely decline

i know you were talking touch, and I didn’t mean to eavesdrop, it just happened 

I get the schtick. And it is funny. But are we planning to get anything more out of you this game?

• Like 1