Burn Notice (S1) Mafia: Game Over (UPDATED)

SwAg

26 minutes ago, The Orca said:

1. With paradise comes trouble and you can make that double. I take this as signifying 2 scum groups

My issue is that they make an alliance, so that's a dealbreaker for me until proven otherwise.

2. There will always be certain individuals who seek to capitalize on the vulnerable for their own gain. I take this to signify a few indies. Added that much of season one and the show there are indivudual/groups of bad guys that appear for just 1 episode or a few, not throughout

That could be the case, but if so, these Indies would be aggressive SK types and antitown I'd imagine, as they'd be either trying to capitalize at the expense of the Westen/Unlikely Allies

3. These individuals once ran this city. Further reinforces  #2

Again, the "alliance" part is a non starter for me right now

4. Dialogue. Bad guys coming together to stop a problem (Ghost- Westen). 1 guy threatens everyone (SK maybe)

"Coming Together"

5. Bad guys unite. Maybe a scum group of individual bad guys in season 1

It could definitely be the case, and it depends on the vantage point. For example, in Season 1, Sam informs on Mike to the FBI, whereas after that he "used to inform on him to the FBI" (theme song/intro), so would the FBI also be "bad guys"? I doubt it, and aside from some really obvious examples of "bad guys", I could see this being very ambiguous.

6. They take a boat to extract info. Good guys Westen and/or Unlikley Allies are revealed showing two town groups possibly with Swag being tortured by the bad guys above 

@Matts4313

Definitely so, but to be fair, I've only played 1 SwAg hosted game. There was a conversion component, a death with an Indy flip the following night component (Touch), at least one unblockable day kill (Rack), and I believe that even certain Town characters had some win cons that they could meet. For example, had Rack killed Forge (The Godfather) instead of me, I believe that his win con was met. @rackcs correct me if I'm wrong here.

I think that, as you said, with this many people, as well as the host, a LOT of variables are in play potentially, but I'm not sure that I'm sold on the idea, albeit you make some good points that I'm not willing to discount either.

26 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The fact that it says they reach an alliance and banded together negates most of this. The only part that really sticks out is the "make that double".

Ugh, you already beat me to the punch. 

On 4/3/2020 at 12:15 PM, SwAg said:

Player List:
6.  Sanchez
7.  Pwny

16.  Mookie
17.  Mission
18.  TLO

23.  Slappy
24.  Wolf
25.  Swoosh

Based upon sheer lack of attempting to play at this point, this is a comprehensive list of people that I would like to go D1...and let me be clear, I don't mean that I want to pick any one from this list, but rather, I want all of them gone.

I'd consider making exceptions for Slappy and Sanchez since they have at least semi-decided to play D1 in some capacity. 

57 minutes ago, MWil23 said:
1 hour ago, The Orca said:

More than 1 scum group and/or a couple of indy scum

What? Based upon JUST that writeup? That’s not the case at all.

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

My issue is that they make an alliance, so that's a dealbreaker for me until proven otherwise.

That could be the case, but if so, these Indies would be aggressive SK types and antitown I'd imagine, as they'd be either trying to capitalize at the expense of the Westen/Unlikely Allies

Again, the "alliance" part is a non starter for me right now

"Coming Together"

It could definitely be the case, and it depends on the vantage point. For example, in Season 1, Sam informs on Mike to the FBI, whereas after that he "used to inform on him to the FBI" (theme song/intro), so would the FBI also be "bad guys"? I doubt it, and aside from some really obvious examples of "bad guys", I could see this being very ambiguous.

Definitely so, but to be fair, I've only played 1 SwAg hosted game. There was a conversion component, a death with an Indy flip the following night component (Touch), at least one unblockable day kill (Rack), and I believe that even certain Town characters had some win cons that they could meet. For example, had Rack killed Forge (The Godfather) instead of me, I believe that his win con was met. @rackcs correct me if I'm wrong here.

I think that, as you said, with this many people, as well as the host, a LOT of variables are in play potentially, but I'm not sure that I'm sold on the idea, albeit you make some good points that I'm not willing to discount either.

Man the contradictions in your post are next level funny 

"That's not the case at all"

Explain this comment then please 

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

Man the contradictions in your post are next level funny 

"That's not the case at all"

Explain this comment then please 

I made that comment before you made your post. After reading your post and the bold, I was willing to admit that you had some valid points, and then explained my hesitancy based upon the language used (alliance). As for the "JUST the writeup" portion, notice that we are both making a few logical assumptions based upon our knowledge of the theme/show. That doesn't make you wrong (or me either), but rather that JUST the writeup portion doesn't make this the case.

1 hour ago, The Orca said:

1 BCB- Mookie

1 Gmen- Matts

2 Daboyle- Slappy, Wolf

1 Slappy- Daboyle

2 Mission- Mwil, Bcb

1 Malf- Malf

1 Rags- Pickle

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

Dome

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

Mwil