Burrow vs Lamar vs Mayfield: who would you take as a GM?

wackywabbit

Which QB would you take right now?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Top choice

• Joe Burrow
    • Lamar Jackson
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Mason Rudolph

39 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

If you were a new GM (have to both prove you deserve your job and want to keep it long term? Which QB would you feel the best about having right now?

well are we going from the perspective point of view as prospects or where they are at in their football careers right at this moment in time???

If we are doing it right now, you are fishing for compliments because you know its easily Jackson at the moment.

If its as prospects heading into the draft, then you are taking Burrows 

Then again, the performance of said QB is going to greatly depend on the HC. Who is my HC because I might not go for Jackson because not every coach is willing to completely change everything for a QB to the levels that Harbs did for Jackson.

Edited by buno67

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

well are we going from the perspective point of view as prospects or where they are at in their football careers right at this moment in time???

If we are doing it right now, you are fishing for compliments because you know its easily Jackson at the moment.

If its as prospects heading into the draft, then you are taking Burrows 

Right now.

I'd honestly be surprised if Lamar got a majority of the votes. Expect a lot of Burrow and some Mayfield.

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

Then again, the performance of said QB is going to greatly depend on the HC. Who is my HC because I might not go for Jackson because not every coach is willing to completely change everything for a QB to the levels that Harbs did for Jackson.

You are the GM. Your problem to find a guy.

Edited by wackywabbit

Just now, wackywabbit said:

Right now.

I'd honestly be surprised if Lamar got a majority of the votes. Expect a lot of Burrow and some Mayfield.

i dont know how you could vote for Burrows over Jackson. Jackson is the MVP and Burrows is a complete unknown in the NFL. If I am a GM, im taking Jackson because he is known and you know what you have with him. So there is more job security in that pick. If you choose Burrowns over say Jackson  and Burrows struggles and Jackson keeps playing well, you just lost your job.

This is truly a make it break it situation for Baker. Stef and him need to have a good relationship. Last year with Freddie might be the downfall to his career

40 minutes ago, buno67 said:

i dont know how you could vote for Burrows over Jackson. Jackson is the MVP and Burrows is a complete unknown in the NFL. If I am a GM, im taking Jackson because he is known and you know what you have with him. So there is more job security in that pick. If you choose Burrowns over say Jackson  and Burrows struggles and Jackson keeps playing well, you just lost your job.

This is truly a make it break it situation for Baker. Stef and him need to have a good relationship. Last year with Freddie might be the downfall to his career

Worth noting that Jackson is actually younger than Burrow.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Obviously we go with the reigning MVP. I like Baker and think he should have a bounce back year, but Burrow has played as many NFL games as I have. 

As for why Rudolph is there: comedy is my guess. Made me laugh at least. 

I think it's AFCN QBs with eye toward future. 

2 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

As for why Rudolph is there: comedy is my guess. Made me laugh at least. 

They are all AFC North QBs of the future. I honestly don't know what Mason Rudolph has done to be attacked head-on like this?

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 4