NYRaider's Quarantine & Chill Mock Draft

NYRaider

* I used TDN's predictive tool to determine my draft picks * 

Trades

• #12 (1,200) to Indianapolis for #34 (560), #44 (460), and #75 (215)

• #75 (215) and #80 (190) to Chicago for #50 (400) 

Mock Draft

1. Cincinatti - Joe Burrow | QB | LSU

2. Washington - Chase Young | Edge | Ohio State

3. Detroit - Jeff Okudah | CB | Ohio State

4. New York - Isaiah Simmons | LB | Clemson

5. Miami - Tua Tagovalioa | QB | Alabama

6. Los Angeles - Justin Herbert | QB | Oregon

7. Carolina - Derrick Brown | DT | Auburn

8. Arizona - Tristian Wirfs | OT | Iowa

9. Jacksonville - CJ Henderson | CB | Florida

10. Cleveland - Mehki Becton | OT | Louisville

11. New York - Andrew Thomas | OT | Georgia

12. Indianapolis - Jordan Love | QB | Utah State

13. San Francisco - CeeDee Lamb | WR | Oklahoma

14. Tampa Bay - Jedrick Willis | OT | Alabama

15. Denver - Henry Ruggs | WR | Alabama

16. Atlanta - K'Lavon Chaisson | Edge | LSU

17. Dallas - Xavier McKinney | DB | Alabama

18. Miami - Josh Jones | OT | Houston 

19 - Las Vegas - Jerry Jeudy | WR | Alabama

jerry-jeudy-declares-nfl-draft.jpg

Analysis: Despite moving out of the 12th spot to acquire more draft capital we're still able to get one of the top 3 WR's in the class. With the depth at the position in the 2nd-4th rounds, teams decided to address other needs. With the Jets going OT at #11, the Colts going Love at #12, the only two teams in the market for a WR early are the 49ers who get their #1 WR to pair with Samuel and Jimmy G with Lamb and the Broncos who take Tyreek Hill to pair with Lock. Jeudy is an excellent value at #19 and would be our #1 WR from the first day he puts on a Raiders jersey. 

34 - Patrick Queen | LB | LSU

NOTF5BMCUBDMTCSMYGK4M6H7NY.jpg

Analysis: Another faller on draft night, most experts have him slotted into the 24th slot but in this mock the Saints went with Kristian Fulton pushing Queen down the board. While Queen is far from the perfect prospect and there's very little tape on him, he's too good of a value to pass on at this point in the draft. Pairing Queen with Kwit/Littleton would give the Raiders one of the most exciting young LB trios in the league. Not to mention having three LB's that can cover would give Paul Gunther a ton of flexibility with his personnel while Queen would also serve as an insurance policy for Kwit in case he can't replicate his production from last season. 

44 - Jaylon Johnson | CB | Utah

gettyimages-1179500209-e1576289001732.jp

Analysis: Grudock swung and missed Byron Jones after offering him the biggest contract for a CB in NFL history. The Raiders also reportedly targeted James Bradberry, Chris Harris Jr, and Darius Slay but unfortunately missed on that trio as well. The team needs a starting caliber outside CB to pair with Trayvon Mullen going forward and get their guy here in Jaylon Johnson. Johnson compares closely to Mullen from a physical profile standpoint and has been one of the most dominant shut down CB's in the nation over the last two years. Johnson likely won't be ready to start from day one but should be able to play more and more as the season goes on, just like Mullen last year. 

50 - Julian Okwara | Edge | Notre Dame

5e5da3ea02057.image.jpg?resize=400,330

Analysis: Grudock moves up 25 spots to solidify the pass rushing rotation with this pick. Okwara provides a different look than any of the other pass rushers currently on the roster as a bursty, bendy, pass rusher off the edge. He'll need to continue to add strength to be effective in run support but he'll be able to provide us with another pass rusher off of the edge in passing situations early in his career. You can never have too many pass rushers and with the addition of Okwara the Raiders would have 3 young pass rushers to build around going forward. 

81 - Amik Robertson | CB | Louisiana Tech

b13ebf91-f58d-42c0-a701-1040a6919a4a-6H2

Analysis: One of my favorite prospects in the class and a guy that fits perfectly into the identity of the type of defense that Grudock is trying to build. Despite being extremely small Robertson is excellent in run support, extremely physical, and plays with a ton of swagger. He has the best ball skills of any CB in the class (14 iNT, 34 pass defended) and should be able to contribute on special teams from day one. Due to his lack of size he is probably going to be limited to a nickel CB role and should be able to replace LaMarcus Joyner as our starting slot CB in the 2021 season if not sooner. 

91 - AJ Dillon | RB | Boston College 

fNb_NIX5_400x400.jpg

Analysis: On the opposite end of the spectrum in comparison to Robertson, Dillon is one of the most impressive physical specimens in the draft. At 6'0" 250 he put on a show at the combine with his athletic testing numbers and offers a different look than either of the RB's in our rotation. Dillon was one of the most productive players in the country during his college career and has the size and power to wear down opposing defenses. He's not great as a pass catcher but he showed some improvement there during his final year at BC. Adding Dillon would allow us to take some of the work load off of Jacobs and give us a back that will excel in goal line and short yardage situations. 

121 - Antonio Gibson | WR/RB | Memphis 

G6KOM6ZIABHMLILBTXXEXPLNUI.JPG

Analysis: Gibson is one of the more intriguing prospects in the class because of his potential and upside. Typically we wouldn't be able to spend a pick on a player like him but with Mayock's work earlier in the draft and throughout free agency we can afford a luxury pick here. Gibson is a one year wonder but was one of the most explosive players in the country last year (19.3 yards per catch & 11.2 yards per carry) while having 14 TD's on just 77 touches with 7 of those coming on plays of 40 yards or more. He played more in the slot than at RB at Memphis but we would be able to move him all around the field to create mismatches against LB's. He also has value as a kick returner and as a gunner on special teams which would give him a really strong chance of making the final 53 man roster. 

159 - Davion Taylor | LB | Colorado 

usatsi_13500212_168388302_lowres.jpg

Analysis: Taylor like Queen is another uber-athletic linebacker prospect that is relatively unexperienced. Taylor was a state champion sprinter and triple jumper in high school but wasn't able to play high school football due to his religious beliefs. He tested off of the charts at the combine and according to reports has a very high character and is extremely coachable. He showed some coverage prowess during his final season at Colorado earning honorable mention All-Pac 12 with a team best 7 passes defended. He's a developmental prospect that will need time to learn the position before he's ready for a full time role but the upside is through the roof and he should be a big time special teams contributor early in his career. 

Depth Chart

Offense (25) 

QB - Carr | Mariota 

RB - Jacobs | Dillon | Richard

FB - Ingold 

WR - Jeudy | Renfrow | Jones 

WR - Williams | Agoholor | Gibson 

TE - Waller | Witten | Moreau 

LT - Miller | Sharpe

LG - Incognito | Kush

C - Hudson | James

RG - Jackson | Good 

RT - Brown | Parker 

Defense (25)

DE - Crosby | Okwara | Key

DT - Collins | Hurst

DT - Hankins | Hall

DE - Ferrell | Nassib 

SLB - Kwiatoski | Lee 

MLB - Littleton | Taylor 

WLB - Queen | Morrow 

CB - Mullen  | Joyner | Robertson 

CB - Lawson | J. Johnson | I. Johnson 

SS - Abram | Heath

FS - Randall | Harris

Special Teams (3) 

K - Carlson

P - Cole

LS - Seig 

Edited by NYRaider

I like it. Moving up to 50 I'm either going for a S that's falling or a 2nd WR with speed. 75/80 are nice spots but trading down and still getting one of the top 3 WR's is EXCELLENT...I'd be happy with this haul 100% especially adding both CB's 

I don’t see any of those Top Four guys falling as far as you have them in the mock. Jeudy Top 15, Queen and Jaylon will be 1sts imo, and Okwara Top 40 (lowest I ever have him is 39 to Miami). 

However, even though I disagree with that, this was a delightfully detailed mock draft and a fantastic read overall. Obviously if we got all of those players at all those spots, we should be a playoff team for years to come. Jeudy, Queen, Jaylon, and Okwara? I think I’d be smiling for a month straight and not be able to sleep due to adrenaline rush.

Great detailed work, keep them coming NY. 

• Like 1