How I think things will shake out

BarryTheBest

None of us were thrilled by the outcome of free agency, but the team did add incredible depth and special teams players for the most part.

That said, I could see the draft playing out something like this;

1st. Okudah

2nd. Galimore

3rd. Zack Moss

3rd. Jalen Reagor or Bryan Edwards

4th. Guard

5th. Wr

5th. Edge 

Now you can flip any of these players or trade them for others, but I think these are the positions we will target is some similar order.

Qb- we have our starter for the foreseeable future, a vet back up, and two young developmental prospects.

Rb- we have pieces to a strong group, but frankly need a work horse like Moss.

Wr- I do not think there is any doubt we will lock up Kenny G, but as has been mentioned plenty of times, everyone else's contracts are up after this year. We need some new blood.

Te- With our group, I think we are set.

T- I think we are good, only based on the resources at this time.. I imagine we pick up Taylor's option, just signed HV, and have Crosby as our swing. Wouldn't be mad with any upgrades, but do not see us going that direction.

Interior OL- I believe we draft a starter here, and wouldn't be surprised if we grab one late as well. Always welcome the big bodies. Someone is likely to have position flex between G/C.

De- Don't think our staff values edge pressure as much as interior pressure, but of course wouldn't be surprised if we drafted one, but don't expect it until late. The track record for this defense doesn't not have a Chase Young type to my knowledge. Seymour, Warren, Flowers, etc.

Lb- the only move I could see happening in they draft is Simmons.. This would obviously change the dynamic of the above projection.

Safety- see Simmons

Cb- Okudah gives us the number 1 we want and need for our defense. This pick would automatically slide all the corners on the roster right into their best positions. Trufant is #2, Coleman is slot, etc.

In closing, I like many others believe this regime values corner play and interior pressure more highly than edge pressure. I firmly expect the OLB role (namely Davis) to be used to generate edge pressure while the draft focus will be on interior pressure. With the addition of Okudah, I believe we will have one of the deepest secondaries in the league. We have a young safety tandem who are high round picks in addition to a true center fielder we just traded for. Our corners will be extremely deep.

On offense we will add a starting guard and running back to round out our offense, while adding youth to our WR room.

Please keep in mind that this projection is based on what I believe we will do, not necessarily what I would do. Also note, these thoughts are collective and represent ideas taken from the group at large. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

I'm still hoping for a trade down but this would be a pretty good draft. 

I also hope for a trade. But, I think that we will be very deliberate this year in the draft. I believe that is where the staff will show the most sense of urgency in response to leadership's mandate to compete for the playoffs this year. 

1 minute ago, BarryTheBest said:

What other WRs do you think will be?

Guys that I would be interested in would be:

1- LAVISKA SHENAULT- I think he may drop because there are some serious injury concerns. Most likely will go in top 2 rounds.

2- Michael Pittman- Love this guy. 6'4 220 lbs 4.5 speed. 

3- Donovan Peoples-Jones- All the talent in the world but lacks production. 

3 minutes ago, BZski said:

Guys that I would be interested in would be:

1- LAVISKA SHENAULT- I think he may drop because there are some serious injury concerns. Most likely will go in top 2 rounds.

2- Michael Pittman- Love this guy. 6'4 220 lbs 4.5 speed. 

3- Donovan Peoples-Jones- All the talent in the world but lacks production. 

Out of those players, Pittman intrigues me the most. I loved watching his Pops. Having him, Kenny G, Tj, and James in the redzone would be danger!

29 minutes ago, BarryTheBest said:

Out of those players, Pittman intrigues me the most. I loved watching his Pops. Having him, Kenny G, Tj, and James in the redzone would be danger!

Yeah plus he can replace Marvin Jones next year. Gives him a nice year to ease himself in. He reminds me a lot of Kenny G.

• Like 1