Making Moves Mock Edited

rampantjet

For what it’s worth, at NFLcom, they have Cepheus rated 21st among WRs with a 6.16 grade,  Coulter 26th with a 6.0 and DPJ 31st with a 5.94.

as for me, I had Isaiah Coulter mixed up with Isaiah Hodkins from Oregon State. IMO Hodkins is the better prospect, but as you say, Coulter is a good developmental prospect.

11 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

For what it’s worth, at NFLcom, they have Cepheus rated 21st among WRs with a 6.16 grade,  Coulter 26th with a 6.0 and DPJ 31st with a 5.94.

as for me, I had Isaiah Coulter mixed up with Isaiah Hodkins from Oregon State. IMO Hodkins is the better prospect, but as you say, Coulter is a good developmental prospect.

Ya in thr 6th imo if you're going to take a gamble I want it to be a high upside gamble.   I think Coulter has a high ceiling but potentially a lower floor

34 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

Im not that high on Cephus it Coulter. I do like DPJ though. I think he will be a better pro than college player.

On 4/3/2020 at 2:28 PM, rampantjet said:

So.... pretty bored.   Been thinking about JD moving around the board on draft day.  In this scenario the Jets don't make any more big signings or and trades pre draft which seems the most likely scenario.

FA:  

Prince Amukamara CB-  I think we make one more mid level signing and I think locking down another CB spot with a vet for Gregg Williams would be very helpful.  

Draft:

Jets trade back to #21 with the Eagles.  The Eagles move up to take Ruggs, which makes me a bit sad since i love me some Ruggs, but i can't be mad about getting extra picks.  Jets send #11 and receive #21, #53.  We take a touch below trade chart value because we prefer the extra pick.  

#21:  Josh Jones OT-  We move back and still pick up a premium OT.  There are some critiques about his technique but i take that as a positive.  Kid had the best pass blocking grade in college last year despite those technical deficiencies.  Clean up those and how good could he be?

#48:  Brandon Aiyuk WR-  Love this kid.  Plays way faster than his timed speed, can jump out of the gym with a 42" vert, and most importantly is a great YAC guy.  Needs to develop some of his route running but I think that'll come.

#53:  Donovan Peoples Jones WR-  I get it he has some question marks.  His production leaves a lot to be desired, but you just don't see guys with these physical gifts around outside of the 1st.  He was the top WR recruit coming out of HS, and just never seemed to get utilized enough at Michigan.  Add in his usage with fairly horrible QB play and you have a potential reason why he didn't light it up.  Though he ran good 40 for his size (6'2 212) and had the 2nd highest vert and 3rd farthest broad jump in the history of the combine....... he is also a good returner and good with the ball in his hands.   

#68:  Josh Uche EDGE-  We take a much better swing at solving edge in this years 3rd round than we did in last years.  A bit under sized but has a ton of pass rush moves, and some juice to get around the edge.  Can also do some off ball LB stuff.  

#79:  Troy Pride Jr CB-  Kid is super scrappy, has all of the athleticism you could ask for and can play man or zone.  Score.  

#120:  Anthony McFarland RB-  Kid can move, and fits Gase's one cut zone scheme perfectly.  Find the hole plant his foot and crank up the speed.  He can take it to the house at any time.  

Jets trade #158, and #211 to the Seahawks to move up to #144 getting us back into the tale end of the 4th.  The Seahawks are always looking to add more picks.  

#144:  Ben Bredeson OG-  I really like this kid.  I have no idea why he isn't being talked about in the 2nd or 3rd round.  He has a strong anchor, can pull pretty well considering his size, and the thing i like most about him is that he always has his head on a swivel looking to find work.  How many times have we seen Jets blockers end up with no one to block and not looking around as the QB is getting killed.  Not this kid, I've seen him not have a man initial and look around and end up laying out an edge rusher coming in from the opposite side of the field.  Love it.  Gives us a guy to throw into the OG competition, and i think he wins 1 of the spots sooner rather than later. 

#191:  Isaiah Coulter WR-  Super under rated kid out of Rhode Island.  6'2 ran a 4.45 at the combine, and his speed shows up on the field.  Has the ability to be a developmental guy.  Ok made some edits here after the feedback.  Bredeson is the guy that made me feel better about waiting on more OL.  I like him almost as much as Jackson so getting him 2 rounds later makes it a nice trade off.  Pride, McFarland and Coulter would be great picks with tons of upside. 

that's a very nice draft. 144 is off the charts good.  I think Bredeson goes on day 2 easily.  

What other WRs were there as alternates for Aiyuk and Peoples-Jones?  Just curious.  I like both of them, but they are not my ideal choices.  It's hard to tell with DPJ because of the sucky QB play he had to suffer through.  not really a uche fan.

Edited by dcat

On 4/3/2020 at 3:28 PM, xenajets said:

I like it a lot but I wouldn’t go OG with the 2nd I’d double dip at WR. If we don’t go WR in the 1st and did manage to trade down to get an extra 2nd then I’d want two receivers. 

Higgins/Mimms then Aiyuk would give us the best of both worlds. 

where do I sign up for this?  

Although I think McGovern was drafted to play center this year,  but ultimately, I think he and Van Roten will be the Jets starting guards, with Winters as a back up or gone.  McGovern I think is a better guard or at least he prefers guard.  The Jets should try at least to get a center in the draft.  A lot depends on just which players are there and relative value.  No GM drafts exclusively for need (which I what is ridiculously prevalent in many of the FFMD draft rooms right now.) 

You got guys in that draft saying they won't double up at a position of need (i.e. OL or WR) even if the best talent is sitting right there for them from those positions.  All because they think it's better to fill a different hole with lesser talent.  They go and draft a way lesser talent just because they are thin at the position.  That is how losing franchises draft. Tannenbaum to a tee.   There needs to be a blend of talent and need.  Just look at that draft going on and you'll see what I'm talking about.  

Edited by dcat

2 hours ago, dcat said:

that's a very nice draft. 144 is off the charts good.  I think Bredeson goes on day 2 easily.  

What other WRs were there as alternates for Aiyuk and Peoples-Jones?  Just curious.  I like both of them, but they are not my ideal choices.  It's hard to tell with DPJ because of the sucky QB play he had to suffer through.  not really a uche fan.

Ya DPJ is certainly a gamble.  In my opinion he has a chance of being a real bust, but I also think he is one of the 2nd round + guys who has a conceivable path to developing into a true #1.  The WR's that would be around in that area are Pittman, Hamler, perhaps Higgins but he wasn't in my scenario, Claypool.  I think Leviska, Reagor, Mims are definitely gone. 

As far as Bredeson after watching his tape I think he SHOULD be gone long before the 4th, but he doesn't; seem to be getting the buzz that would see him going in the 2nd or 3rd.