Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jetskid007

2 Round Mock Draft (WITH TRADES!)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Round 1

1

CIN

Joe Burrow

QB

LSU

Might be some trade talk, but I expect Burrow to be a Bengal.

2

WAS

Chase Young

DE

OSU

Some flirting with Tua, but they go with Young.

TRADE: the Detroit Lions send their 1st round pick (3) to the Los Angeles Chargers in exchange for their 1st round pick (6), 2nd round pick (37), 4th round pick (112), 2021 2nd round pick, and 2022 3rd round pick

 

3

LAC

Tua Tagovailoa

QB

Alabama

LAC swung for Brady, but they won’t miss on Tua.

4

NYG

Isaiah Simmons

LB

Clemson

Gettleman's history points to Simmons being the Giants' pick.

5

MIA

Justin Herbert

QB

Oregon

There's smoke out there that the Dolphins prefer Herbert at QB.

6

DET

Jeffrey Okudah

CB

OSU

Brown will be considered, but Okudah too good to pass up. 

7

CAR

Tristan Wirfs

OL

Iowa

Rhule ground his teeth coaching OL and loves athletes.

8

ARI

Derrick Brown

DT

Auburn

Keim loves him as a big, disruptive cog in the middle of their D.

9

JAX

K’Lavon Chaisson

DE

LSU

JAX will retool their defense with more pass rushers.

TRADE: the Cleveland Browns send their 1st round pick (10) to the Denver Broncos in exchange for their 1st round pick, 3rd round pick (77), and 4th round pick (118)

 

10

DEN

Henry Ruggs

WR

Alabama

Jets had Ruggs as the top WR and PHI was lurking.

11

NYJ

Mekhi Becton

OT

Louisville

Shocked only one T goes top 10, but Jets smitten with Becton.

12

LV

CeeDee Lamb

WR

Clemson

WR dominos begin to fall. Lamb a great fit for Gruden's O.  

13

SF

Andrew Thomas

OT

Georgia

Many project WR, but 49ers preparing for life after Staley.

14

TB

Jedrick Wills

OL

Alabama

 OL preferences are all over the map. Wills stolen at 14.

15

CLE

Josh Jones

OT

Houston

Three Ts off the board in a row. Jones was CLE's 2nd rated T.

TRADE: the Minnesota Vikings send their 1st round pick (22) and two 3rd round picks (89, 105) to the Atlanta Falcons in exchange for their 1st round pick (16) and 4th round pick (143)

 

16

MIN

Jerry Jeudy

WR

Alabama

MIN moves up for the perfect like-kind, non-diva replacement.

17

DAL

CJ Henderson

CB

Florida

Were in on Jeudy. Instead grab a top CB available.

18

MIA

Austin Jackson

OT

USC

Jackson was Miami’s 2nd rated tackle and they get him at 18.

19

LV

Jaylon Johnson

CB

Utah

Not often mocked this high, but LV loves his press-man skills.

20

JAX

Kenneth Murray

LB

Oklahoma

JAX is looking to win-now while rebuilding their culture.

21

PHI

Brandon Aiyuk

WR

ASU

PHI offered to move up to 10 for Ruggs. Settle for Aiyuk at 21.

22

ATL

Javon Kinlaw

DL

S. Carolina

Theft. I think players with injuries will fall a little bit.

23

NE

AJ Espensa

DL

Iowa

Deep Iowa connection and a match for the Patriots way.

24

NO

Patrick Queen

LB

LSU

Local prospect and a fabulous fit for the Saints. Fills a need.

25

MIN

Erza Cleveland

OT

Boise

Building around franchise QB Kirk Cousins.

26

MIA

Xavier McKinney

S

Alabama

Literally the best prospect/team/need match in the 1st round.

27

SEA

Yetur Gross-Matos

DE

Michigan

Waited as long as they could for Clowney.

TRADE: the Baltimore Ravens send their 1st round pick (28) to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for their 2nd round pick (34), 4th round pick (122) and 2021 4th round pick

 

28

IND

Jordan Love

QB

Utah State

They have Rivers for at least 1 year, but Love is Ballard’s QBOTF.

29

TEN

Trevon Diggs

CB

Alabama

BPA and the team feels he can replace Logan Ryan as well.

30

GB

Isaiah Wilson

OT

Georgia

EIGHT tackles in round one has to be a record.

TRADE: the San Francisco 49ers send their 1st round pick (31) to the Detroit Lions in exchange for their 2nd round pick (35), 5th round pick (149), and 6th round pick (182)  

 

31

DET

Denzel Mims

WR

Baylor

They are seeking more speed at WR, and Mims brings it.

TRADE: the Kansas City Chiefs send their 1st round pick (32) to the Houston Texans in exchange for their 2nd round pick (40), 4th round pick (111), and 5th round pick (171)

 

32

HOU

Jordan Jefferson

WR

LSU

Jefferson is a solid like-kind replacement for DeAndre Hopkins.

             

Round 2

33

CIN

Cesar Ruiz

OL

Michigan

Hoped for Jefferson before HOU traded up. Pivot to OL.

34

BAL

Jordan Elliott

DL

Missouri

Replace (renogaded) Brockers with who can play the 1-3-5.

35

SF

Kristan Fulton

CB

LSU

Lots of DB value on day 2 and SF likes Fulton’s fit in their D.

36

NYG

Terrell Lewis

DE

Alabama

The OL market dried up, so DG adds a toolsy pass rusher.

TRADE: the Detroit Lions trade their 2nd round pick (37) to the Jacksonville Jaguars in exchange for their 2nd round picks (42) and 4th round pick (137)  

 

37

JAX

Jalen Hurts

QB

Oklahoma

Jags are hot for Hurts and see him as a potential long-term QB.

38

CAR

Marlon Davidson

DL

Auburn

Carolina considered Hurts prioritize an athletic, versatile DL.

39

MIA

Lloyd Cushenburry

OL

LSU

Many are shocked still no RB, but Miami has a lot of picks.  

40

KC

D’Andre Swift

RB

Georgia

And just like that, the first RB off the board.

41

CLE

Ross Blacklock

DT

TCU

Blacklock’s slide ends and CLE adds interior depth.

TRADE: the Detroit Lions send their 2nd round pick (42) to the Dallas Cowboys in exchange for their 2nd round pick (51) and 4th round pick (123)

 

42

DAL

Grant Delpit

S

LSU

Dallas has strong LSU ties and jumps up to grab the falling DB.

43

CHI

Antoine Winfield Jr.

S

Minnesota

Too much value to pass up for a team needing a lot of pieces.

44

IND

Tee Higgins

WR

Clemson

Great fit for Rivers and fills a need for a big X in their offense.  

45

TB

Zack Baun

DE

Wisconsin

Baun is great value this late into the 2nd frame.

46

DEN

Jeff Gladney

CB

TCU

Gladney is one of the most underrated players in the draft.

47

ATL

Noah Igbinoghene

CB

Auburn

Another srappy CB off the board.

48

NYJ

KJ Hamler

WR

PSU

NYJ want to add speed and see Hamler as a movement Z.

49

PIT

Jonathan Taylor

RB

Wisconsin

Could go a number of directions, but JT is too good to pass up. 

TRADE: the Chicago Bears send their 2nd round pick to the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for their 2nd round pick (53) and 6th round pick (190)

 

50

PHI

Kyle Dugger

S

Lenoir

Terrific small school safety prospect to help replace Jenkins.

51

DET

Raekwan Davis

DL

Alabama

DET addresses DL with a 3-down player with pass rush upside.

TRADE: the Los Angeles Rams send their 2nd round pick (52) to the Miami Dolphins in exchange for their 2nd round pick (56) and 5th round pick (174)

 

52

MIA

Julian Okwara

DE

ND

Miami navigate the draft to liter their roster with talent.

TRADE: the Chicago Bears send their 2nd round pick (53) to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for their 2nd round pick (55) and 7th round pick (226)

 

53

BAL

Josh Uche

DE

Michigan

Baltimore has a deep history of selecting EDGE in round 2.

54

BUF

Jabari Zuniga

DE

Florida

Buffalo’s biggest need. Could look to add another in round 3.

55

CHI

Jalen Reagor

WR

TCU

Crazy to think Reagor could fall this far. Such a deep draft.

56

LAR

Prince Wanogho

OL

Auburn

Rams need to add depth and talent to their offensive line badly.

57

HOU

Neville Gallimore

DL

Oklahoma

Not a like-kind replacement for Reader but a talented one.

58

MIN

AJ Terrell

CB

Clemson

They broke their CB in the 1st trend but still grab one in the 2nd.

59

SEA

Robert Hunt

OT

Louisiana

Draftniks are sleeping on Hunt. Has the traits SEA looks for.

TRADE: the Baltimore Ravens send their 2nd round pick (60) to the Washington Redskins in exchange for their 3rd round pick (66) and 5th round pick (163)

 

60

WAS

Michael Pittman

WR

USC

Prototype X that should come in and start day 1.

61

TEN

Justin Madubuike

DL

TA&M

Talented and quick interior rusher to replace Casey.

62

GB

Ben Bartch

OL

St. John’s

Another lineman being slept on. May play G or RT.

63

KC

Matt Hennessy

OL

Temple

Hennessy is a center but I believe has enough talent to play G.

TRADE: the Seattle Seahawks send their 2nd round pick (64) to the Miami Dolphins in exchange for their 3rd round pick (70) and 5th round pick (155)

 

64

MIA

Cam Akers

RB

FSU

Miami caps off the 2nd round with a RB. Most active team by far.

             

 

Edited by jetskid007
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always appreciate your posts. Not the biggest Becton fan to be quite honest, rather take Thomas, Wills, or Jones over him but I can see where you’re coming from with that pick.

....please come back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Always appreciate your posts. Not the biggest Becton fan to be quite honest, rather take Thomas, Wills, or Jones over him but I can see where you’re coming from with that pick.

....please come back.

I'd prefer Thomas or Wills over Becton as well.

I'd also prefer Reagor for us.  I like him a lot and know he can play on the outside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t like this for the Browns at all. Would much rather stay at 10 and get one of the top tackles than trade down and settle for josh jones and rd2 can’t see the Browns passing on Windfield jr and Delpit for a DT

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Round 1

1

CIN

Joe Burrow

QB

LSU

Might be some trade talk, but I expect Burrow to be a Bengal.

2

WAS

Chase Young

DE

OSU

Some flirting with Tua, but they go with Young.

TRADE: the Detroit Lions send their 1st round pick (3) to the Los Angeles Chargers in exchange for their 1st round pick (6), 2nd round pick (37), 4th round pick (112), 2021 2nd round pick, and 2022 3rd round pick

 

3

LAC

Tua Tagovailoa

QB

Alabama

LAC swung for Brady, but they won’t miss on Tua.

4

NYG

Isaiah Simmons

LB

Clemson

Gettleman's history points to Simmons being the Giants' pick.

5

MIA

Justin Herbert

QB

Oregon

There's smoke out there that the Dolphins prefer Herbert at QB.

6

DET

Jeffrey Okudah

CB

OSU

Brown will be considered, but Okudah too good to pass up. 

7

CAR

Tristan Wirfs

OL

Iowa

Rhule ground his teeth coaching OL and loves athletes.

8

ARI

Derrick Brown

DT

Auburn

Keim loves him as a big, disruptive cog in the middle of their D.

9

JAX

K’Lavon Chaisson

DE

LSU

JAX will retool their defense with more pass rushers.

TRADE: the Cleveland Browns send their 1st round pick (10) to the Denver Broncos in exchange for their 1st round pick, 3rd round pick (77), and 4th round pick (118)

 

10

DEN

Henry Ruggs

WR

Alabama

Jets had Ruggs as the top WR and PHI was lurking.

11

NYJ

Mekhi Becton

OT

Louisville

Shocked only one T goes top 10, but Jets smitten with Becton.

12

LV

CeeDee Lamb

WR

Clemson

WR dominos begin to fall. Lamb a great fit for Gruden's O.  

13

SF

Andrew Thomas

OT

Georgia

Many project WR, but 49ers preparing for life after Staley.

14

TB

Jedrick Wills

OL

Alabama

 OL preferences are all over the map. Wills stolen at 14.

15

CLE

Josh Jones

OT

Houston

Three Ts off the board in a row. Jones was CLE's 2nd rated T.

TRADE: the Minnesota Vikings send their 1st round pick (22) and two 3rd round picks (89, 105) to the Atlanta Falcons in exchange for their 1st round pick (16) and 4th round pick (143)

 

16

MIN

Jerry Jeudy

WR

Alabama

MIN moves up for the perfect like-kind, non-diva replacement.

17

DAL

CJ Henderson

CB

Florida

Were in on Jeudy. Instead grab a top CB available.

18

MIA

Austin Jackson

OT

USC

Jackson was Miami’s 2nd rated tackle and they get him at 18.

19

LV

Jaylon Johnson

CB

Utah

Not often mocked this high, but LV loves his press-man skills.

20

JAX

Kenneth Murray

LB

Oklahoma

JAX is looking to win-now while rebuilding their culture.

21

PHI

Brandon Aiyuk

WR

ASU

PHI offered to move up to 10 for Ruggs. Settle for Aiyuk at 21.

22

ATL

Javon Kinlaw

DL

S. Carolina

Theft. I think players with injuries will fall a little bit.

23

NE

AJ Espensa

DL

Iowa

Deep Iowa connection and a match for the Patriots way.

24

NO

Patrick Queen

LB

LSU

Local prospect and a fabulous fit for the Saints. Fills a need.

25

MIN

Erza Cleveland

OT

Boise

Building around franchise QB Kirk Cousins.

26

MIA

Xavier McKinney

S

Alabama

Literally the best prospect/team/need match in the 1st round.

27

SEA

Yetur Gross-Matos

DE

Michigan

Waited as long as they could for Clowney.

TRADE: the Baltimore Ravens send their 1st round pick (28) to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for their 2nd round pick (34), 4th round pick (122) and 2021 4th round pick

 

28

IND

Jordan Love

QB

Utah State

They have Rivers for at least 1 year, but Love is Ballard’s QBOTF.

29

TEN

Trevon Diggs

CB

Alabama

BPA and the team feels he can replace Logan Ryan as well.

30

GB

Isaiah Wilson

OT

Georgia

EIGHT tackles in round one has to be a record.

TRADE: the San Francisco 49ers send their 1st round pick (31) to the Detroit Lions in exchange for their 2nd round pick (35), 5th round pick (149), and 6th round pick (182)  

 

31

DET

Denzel Mims

WR

Baylor

They are seeking more speed at WR, and Mims brings it.

TRADE: the Kansas City Chiefs send their 1st round pick (32) to the Houston Texans in exchange for their 2nd round pick (40), 4th round pick (111), and 5th round pick (171)

 

32

HOU

Jordan Jefferson

WR

LSU

Jefferson is a solid like-kind replacement for DeAndre Hopkins.

             

Round 2

33

CIN

Cole Kmet

TE

ND

Hoped for Jefferson before HOU traded up. Pivot to TE.

34

BAL

Cesar Ruiz

OL

Michigan

Great athlete with some nasty who can play C or G.

35

SF

Kristan Fulton

CB

LSU

Lots of DB value on day 2 and SF likes Fulton’s fit in their D.

36

NYG

Terrell Lewis

DE

Alabama

The OL market dried up, so DG adds a toolsy pass rusher.

TRADE: the Detroit Lions trade their 2nd round pick (37) to the Jacksonville Jaguars in exchange for their 2nd round picks (42) and 4th round pick (137)  

 

37

LV

Jalen Hurts

QB

Oklahoma

Jags are hot for Hurts and see him as a potential long-term QB.

38

CAR

Marlon Davidson

DL

Auburn

Carolina considered Hurts prioritize an athletic, versatile DL.

39

MIA

Lloyd Cushenburry

OL

LSU

Many are shocked still no RB, but Miami has a lot of picks.  

40

KC

D’Andre Swift

RB

Georgia

And just like that, the first RB off the board.

41

CLE

Ross Blacklock

DT

TCU

Blacklock’s slide ends and CLE adds interior depth.

TRADE: the Detroit Lions send their 2nd round pick (42) to the Dallas Cowboys in exchange for their 2nd round pick (51) and 4th round pick (123)

 

42

DAL

Grant Delpit

S

LSU

Dallas has strong LSU ties and jumps up to grab the falling DB.

43

CHI

Antoine Winfield Jr.

S

Minnesota

Too much value to pass up for a team needing a lot of pieces.

44

IND

Tee Higgins

WR

Clemson

Great fit for Rivers and fills a need for a big X in their offense.  

45

TB

Zack Baun

DE

Wisconsin

Baun is great value this late into the 2nd frame.

46

DEN

Jeff Gladney

CB

TCU

Gladney is one of the most underrated players in the draft.

47

ATL

Noah Igbinoghene

CB

Auburn

Another srappy CB off the board.

48

NYJ

KJ Hamler

WR

PSU

NYJ want to add speed and see Hamler as a movement Z.

49

PIT

Jonathan Taylor

RB

Wisconsin

Could go a number of directions, but JT is too good to pass up. 

TRADE: the Chicago Bears send their 2nd round pick to the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for their 2nd round pick (53) and 6th round pick (190)

 

50

PHI

Kyle Dugger

S

Lenoir

Terrific small school safety prospect to help replace Jenkins.

51

JAX

Jordan Elliott

DL

Missouri

Jacksonville continuing their theme of building in the trenches.

TRADE: the Los Angeles Rams send their 2nd round pick (52) to the Miami Dolphins in exchange for their 2nd round pick (56) and 5th round pick (174)

 

52

MIA

Julian Okwara

DE

ND

Miami navigate the draft to liter their roster with talent.

TRADE: the Chicago Bears send their 2nd round pick (53) to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for their 2nd round pick (55) and 7th round pick (226)

 

53

BAL

Josh Uche

DE

Michigan

Baltimore has a deep history of selecting EDGE in round 2.

54

BUF

Jabari Zuniga

DE

Florida

Buffalo’s biggest need. Could look to add another in round 3.

55

CHI

Jalen Reagor

WR

TCU

Crazy to think Reagor could fall this far. Such a deep draft.

56

LAR

Prince Wanogho

OL

Auburn

Rams need to add depth and talent to their offensive line badly.

57

HOU

Neville Gallimore

DL

Oklahoma

Not a like-kind replacement for Reader but a talented one.

58

MIN

AJ Terrell

CB

Clemson

They broke their CB in the 1st trend but still grab one in the 2nd.

59

SEA

Robert Hunt

OT

Louisiana

Draftniks are sleeping on Hunt. Has the traits SEA looks for.

TRADE: the Baltimore Ravens send their 2nd round pick (60) to the Washington Redskins in exchange for their 3rd round pick (66) and 5th round pick (163)

 

60

WAS

Michael Pittman

WR

USC

Prototype X that should come in and start day 1.

61

TEN

Justin Madubuike

DL

TA&M

Talented and quick interior rusher to replace Casey.

62

GB

Ben Bartch

OL

St. John’s

Another lineman being slept on. May play G or RT.

63

KC

Matt Hennessy

OL

Temple

Hennessy is a center but I believe has enough talent to play G.

TRADE: the Seattle Seahawks send their 2nd round pick (64) to the Miami Dolphins in exchange for their 3rd round pick (70) and 5th round pick (155)

 

64

MIA

Cam Akers

RB

FSU

Miami caps off the 2nd round with a RB. Most active team by far.

             

 

No way Kinlaw falls that far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Always appreciate your posts. Not the biggest Becton fan to be quite honest, rather take Thomas, Wills, or Jones over him but I can see where you’re coming from with that pick.

....please come back.

Thanks- I think Joe Douglas will view Becton as the mecca of OL prospects. Size, speed, strength guy. Wirfs may be the top guy on his board. I'll be posting Jets-related content on twitter. 

7 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Don’t like this for the Browns at all. Would much rather stay at 10 and get one of the top tackles than trade down and settle for josh jones and rd2 can’t see the Browns passing on Windfield jr and Delpit for a DT

Just to provide some background: I don't do drafts based on what I like- it's what I think they will do, what I read about (trends/philosophies/etc.), teams' positional spending/how they stack their contracts, and what I hear from the limited amount of sources I have in the industry. Cleveland is interesting in that they don't have many needs and their only one coming at a non-premium position, and if you look at the teams Berry has been a part of they've always prioritized the lines and acquiring as many picks as possible. Sure, I can see Cleveland staying at 10 and take a tackle, but I'm just following the trends and the news I'm hearing and the breadcrumbs which suggest that teams are going to look to move ahead of the Jets out of fear that the top 3 WRs will go 11-12-13. They can easily grab a safety in the 3rd-5th, harder to find impact pass rushing interior lineman in that range. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Jacksonville: I think Ngakoue gets traded after the draft or possibly on Day 2. 

I'm beginning to think Trent Williams lands somewhere after the draft as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

like the trade down for the lions in the 1st. i don't think we would move back into the 1st for a WR.. also don't mind the trade downs in the second

TRADE: the Detroit Lions trade their 2nd round pick (37) to the Jacksonville Jaguars in exchange for their 2nd round picks (42) and 4th round pick (137)  

 

37

LV

Jalen Hurts

QB

Oklahoma

Jags are hot for Hurts and see him as a potential long-term QB

 

you have The raiders picking not Jags*

TRADE: the Detroit Lions send their 2nd round pick (42) to the Dallas Cowboys in exchange for their 2nd round pick (51) and 4th round pick (123)

Dont mind the trade with cow boys either

51

JAX

Jordan Elliott

DL

Missouri

Jacksonville continuing their theme of building in the trenches.

 

and looks like you have Jacksonville picking where Detroit would pick 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes to  Burrow.  No to Kmet.  Either Baun or Higgins there please, since the top 7 or so OTs are gone, along with Murray and Queen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

like the trade down for the lions in the 1st. i don't think we would move back into the 1st for a WR.. also don't mind the trade downs in the second

TRADE: the Detroit Lions trade their 2nd round pick (37) to the Jacksonville Jaguars in exchange for their 2nd round picks (42) and 4th round pick (137)  

 

37

LV

Jalen Hurts

QB

Oklahoma

Jags are hot for Hurts and see him as a potential long-term QB

 

you have The raiders picking not Jags*

TRADE: the Detroit Lions send their 2nd round pick (42) to the Dallas Cowboys in exchange for their 2nd round pick (51) and 4th round pick (123)

Dont mind the trade with cow boys either

51

JAX

Jordan Elliott

DL

Missouri

Jacksonville continuing their theme of building in the trenches.

 

and looks like you have Jacksonville picking where Detroit would pick 

Thanks for these corrections. I have to take another look at what I did wrong

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Yes to  Burrow.  No to Kmet.  Either Baun or Higgins there please, since the top 7 or so OTs are gone, along with Murray and Queen

Edited. Need to fix this version of the draft. 

Edited by jetskid007
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice job on the draft.

Pats fan  You trade like a GM on steroids. I'm curious why you wouldn't  have the Patriots trade at 23 when they don't have a 2nd rd pick? BB is notorious when it comes to draft trades.

I'm not question the the player.  Just the method to your madness:D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...