Moretti's Final Mock

moretti19

This will be my last mock before the draft, I do not see us bringing in any other free agents prior to the draft.

5-potential-steals-in-the-middle-of-the-

Round 1:

USC_logo.gif Austin Jackson*, OT, USC
Height: 6-5. Weight: 322. Arm: 34.13. Hand: 10.25.
40 Time: 5.07.
Projected Round (2020): 1-2.

3/14/20: In speaking to some team sources, they believe Jackson will be a first-round pick, but if offensive linemen get pushed down because of the amount of prospects, he might be an early second-round pick. They think Jackson could be a riser throughout the draft process. He got that off to a good start at the combine with a fast 40 and a good workout.

Evaluators say Jackson is a great athlete with quick feet and excellent agility. He is an easy mover with the ability to bend at the knee and play with good leverage. There were times where Jackson got away with some mistakes because of his athleticism, and he will need to work on technique for the NFL. Jackson is raw from a fundamentals standpoint, and that was exposed by A.J. Epenesa in Iowa's bowl win, but Jackson's skill set is that of a franchise left tackle.

usc_trojans_football_austin_jackson.jpg

Round 2:

OhioState_logo.gif DaVon Hamilton, NT, Ohio State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 327. Arm: 32.88. Hand: 9.88.
40 Time: 5.14.
Projected Round (2020): 3-5.

3/21/20: Hamilton was a dangerous interior pass-rusher as a senior in 2019, recording 28 tackle with six sacks. Over the previous three seasons, he had one sack and 38 tackles as a rotational backup. Ohio State was so loaded on the defensive line, it took time for Hamilton to earn playing time with a lot of older talent above him. He earned an invitation to the Senior Bowl and had respectable week of practice there.

DavonHamilton1.jpg

Round 3:

Michigan_logo.gif Donovan Peoples-Jones*, WR, Michigan
Height: 6-2. Weight: 212. Arm: 33.5. Hand: 10.13.
40 Time: 4.48.

3/7/20: Peoples-Jones was a top recruit coming out of high school, but he never turned into the star he was expected to be. Peoples-Jones had 34 receptions for 438 yards and six touchdowns in 2019, but the Michigan passing attack struggled with Shea Patterson at the helm. As a sophomore, Peoples-Jones made 47 catches for 612 yards and eight scores. He has a skill set and upside to develop. He illustrated that with a good combine performance.

FBL18_Nebrasha_MGB_65.jpg

Round 4:

MichiganState_logo.gif Joe Bachie, ILB, Michigan State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 230. Arm: 31.63. Hand: 10.25.
40 Time: 4.67.

3/21/20: Bachie was a tackling machine for the Spartans prior to a suspension in late October for taking a banned supplement. In 2019, he totaled 72 stops with an interception, four passes defended and 3.5 sacks.

6/29/19: In 2018, Bachie had 101 tackles with 8.5 tackles for a loss, one sack, five passes broken up, two forced fumbles and one interception. He is a tough inside linebacker who defends the run well and shows some ability to cover. Michigan State has produced a lot of pro linebacker talent in recent years, and Bachie will keep that going. He broke out in 2017 with 100 tackles, 3.5 sacks, two forced fumbles, two passes batted and three interceptions. Sources say that Bachie has the potential to grade out in the first four rounds of the 2019 NFL Draft.

09_14_19_MSU_FTBL_VS_ASU_0019.JPG

Round 5:

Utah_logo.gif Leki Fotu, NT, Utah
Height: 6-4. Weight: 330. Arm: 33.88. Hand: 10.25.
40 Time: 5.15.

3/21/20: Fotu had 28 tackles with 1.5 sacks, two passes defended and a forced fumble in 2019. Team source say Fotu is a quality nose tackle and run defender, but he doesn't have the pass rush to be a three-down player in the NFL. They view him as a two-down stuffer. That projection was given further confirmation at the Senior Bowl.

Fotu_Leki_ND_8_31_17_0962.jpg

Round 6:

Temple_logo.gif Shaun Bradley, ILB, Temple
Height: 6-1. Weight: 235. Arm: 31.75. Hand: 9.5.
40 Time: 4.51.
Projected Round (2020): 5-7.

3/21/20: In 2019, Bradley had 87 tackles with three passes defended and a forced fumble.

6/29/19: Bradley has been a solid defender for Temple over the past two seasons, and that consistency landed him a spot on NFL teams' preseason watch list for the 2020 NFL Draft. In 2018, he had 78 tackles with four a loss, one sack, one interception and three passes defended. Bradley totaled 85 tackles with 10 for a loss, one interception and two passes defended in 2017.

Bradley_Shaun_20180915_Feelings_200_1280

Round 7:

Miami_logo.gif DeeJay Dallas*, RB, Miami
Height: 5-10. Weight: 217. Arm: 30.63. Hand: 9.25.
40 Time: 4.58.
Projected Round (2020): 5-7.

3/7/20: Dallas averaged six yards per carry in 2019 for 693 yards with eight touchdowns. He also made 14 receptions for 140 yards and two scores through the air. Dallas should have returned for his senior year, but he entered the 2020 NFL Draft.

DeeJayVT_71.jpg

• Like 2

I'd rather trade back and draft Jackson. It's suggested he could be at 62 but I think he'll go between picks 40-50. DPJ in the third is epic value and we may need to reach on Hamilton in the 2nd, which I wouldn't mind at all. We could do much better than Bachie in the 4th. I'd also package our 7ths and a 6th up to move back into the 5th. The last two rounds and UDFA will be a crapchute this year given the COVID-19 affect on pre-draft visits and whatnot. Knowing our history, we will be one of the luckier teams that should hit on at least 5 UDFA's. I'd rather package our 7ths and at least one 6th in order to move up and grab a guy in the late 4th or 5th that's got a 3rd round grade on him or someone who's falling due to a possible injury concern.

• Like 3

This team does not need two NT's and I am not sure they need two ILB's...I realize that there are a number of other late round picks that can balance things out, but that was my initial thought. I am not a huge DPJ fan, but don't hate the measurables and ability.

12 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Not a big Bachie fan, but that's just me.  Like it, thanks!  What website did you use for your player pictures and scouting report?

The scouting report I use Walter football, and just google for pics