Your rival’s all time team

EvilenFroggen

Or, jerks you hated seeing your team play against. I’ll start. Obviously very few of us are going to have opinions on entire squads.  Some of these are out of respect, some of these are out of distaste. Some are both. 

Falcons

QB: Michael Vick

RB: Warrick Dunn (Honorable mention: Michael Turner)

FB: Ovie Mughelli

WR: Julio Jones

WR: Roddy White

TE: Alge Crumpler 

TE: Tony Gonzalez

OL: Tyson Clabo, Alex Mack

DE: John Abraham

DT: Grady Jarrett

DT: Johnathan Babineaux

DE: Jamaal Anderson

LB: KEITH BROOKING

LB: Deion Jones

DBs: Damonte Kazee, Keanu Neal, Thomas DeCoud

K: Matt Bryant

Coach: Jim Mora Jr. 

Seahawks

QB: Russell Wilson

RB: Shaun Alexander

FB: Mack Strong

WR: Doug Baldwin

WR: Tyler Lockett 

WR: Deion Branch

TE: Jerramy Stevens

OL: Walter Jones, Steve Hutchinson, Max Unger

DL: Patrick Kerney, Brandon Mebane, Michael Bennett

LB: Lofa Tatupu, Bobby Wagner

DB: LoB, Marcus Trufant

Coach: Mike Holmgren

53 minutes ago, DaveDX said:

Or, jerks you hated seeing your team play against. I’ll start. Obviously very few of us are going to have opinions on entire squads.  Some of these are out of respect, some of these are out of distaste. Some are both. 

Falcons

QB: Michael Vick

RB: Warrick Dunn (Honorable mention: Michael Turner)

FB: Ovie Mughelli

WR: Julio Jones

WR: Roddy White

TE: Alge Crumpler 

TE: Tony Gonzalez

OL: Tyson Clabo, Alex Mack

DE: John Abraham

DT: Grady Jarrett

DT: Johnathan Babineaux

DE: Jamaal Anderson

LB: KEITH BROOKING

LB: Deion Jones

DBs: Damonte Kazee, Keanu Neal, Thomas DeCoud

K: Matt Bryant

Coach: Jim Mora Jr. 

Dude, where the f*** is Bill Fralic?  

6 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

And, why should that even matter?  

Perhaps due to the fact that I said right up there this is about players you hated watching your team playing against?  Perhaps because it’s disingenuous to praise players I never watched play?

48 minutes ago, DaveDX said:

Perhaps due to the fact that I said right up there this is about players you hated watching your team playing against?  Perhaps because it’s disingenuous to praise players I never watched play?

That doesn't make any sense at all.  

I never watched Jack Ham play, but he's the golden standard for textbook tackling.  I didn't have to grow up in the 1970s to know that.  

If anything, you're not even appreciating the pioneers of the game. 

Expand your mind a little.  Look beyond your own era.  

4 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

That doesn't make any sense at all.  

I never watched Jack Ham play, but he's the golden standard for textbook tackling.  I didn't have to grow up in the 1970s to know that.  

If anything, you're not even appreciating the pioneers of the game. 

Expand your mind a little.  Look beyond your own era.  

Knowing almost nothing about me, you already “corrected” my thread and my philosophy. Impressive.  I have no desire to make my light hearted thread a debate on the history of the game, nor to turn over control of it to you so that you can change the parameters. Make your own thread. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DaveDX said:

Knowing almost nothing about me, you already “corrected” my thread and my philosophy. Impressive.  I have no desire to make my light hearted thread a debate on the history of the game, nor to turn over control of it to you so that you can change the parameters. Make your own thread. 

He spent the entire “make your franchise all-time team” thread correcting other fans’ lists too lol...wild

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RamblinMan99 said:

And, why should that even matter?  

His point in this thread is not to create some attempt at a rival franchise's "All-Time Best" team, as the other thread is.

He's saying, in your OWN PERSONAL HISTORY of being a fan of your team, and thus HATING their rivals, what fantasy squad would that team have that, if they trotted out there on Sunday against your team, would just slice into you based on your own experience with watching them get the better of your team. Like, it's an amalgamation of players that were your own personal nightmare to go up against.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, DannyB said:

His point in this thread is not to create some attempt at a rival franchise's "All-Time Best" team, as the other thread is.

He's saying, in your OWN PERSONAL HISTORY of being a fan of your team, and thus HATING their rivals, what fantasy squad would that team have that, if they trotted out there on Sunday against your team, would just slice into you based on your own experience with watching them get the better of your team. Like, it's an amalgamation of players that were your own personal nightmare to go up against.

Precisely, well put. But let’s be honest, he knows this. He’s either A) an abrasive, I-am-very-smart type who needs you to know that “Honus Wagner is the best by god ball player of all time and if you can’t see that then wharglebarglewharglebargle!”  Or B) he’s a troll. I don’t think any of us have time for either. 

• Like 1

I'll make a composite team out of the 'rivals' that have given us the most trouble over the last 15 years or so

QB: Eli Manning

RB: Derrick Henry

WR: Corey Davis, Tyreek Hill

TE: Travis Kelce

OL: Diehl, Mathis, Pouncey, Yanda, Osemele

DT: Haloti Ngata, Justin Tuck, Malik Jackson

Edge: Von Miller, Cameron Wake

LBs: Ray Lewis, Zach Thomas

CBs: Chris Harris Jnr, Aqib Talib

Safeties: Ed Reed, Kevin Byard

• Like 1

QB: Vince Young (even as a rival, it was hard to not respect Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck. Vince Young, on the other hand... he was a superstar against the Texans, and the University of Texas sheeple didn't care that he was ripping up the home team).

RB: Maurice Jones Drew (he'd just run over everyone. It was annoying).

RB: Chris Johnson (he'd just run past everyone. It was annoying).

WR: TY Hilton (he's not quite Bill O'Brien tier, but he's one of my most hated people in sports).

WR: Reggie Wayne (He'd just get open and get first downs. I'm sure he did this to other teams, but it stood out. Plus, pretty much every rival WR would belittle us on a yearly basis, so this is a dart throw).

TE: Dallas Clark (boy, he'd kill Brian Cushing. Every time, he'd make Cush look like he was running in wet concrete).

OL: David Williams, Michael Roos, Richie Incognito, Eric Fisher (I didn't get a full five or go by position, but these guys were the worst. Williams and Roos were the biggest cheap shot artists I've ever seen, Incognito... well, is Incognito. Eric Fisher has one play - a cheap block on a downed JJ Watt when the play was on the opposite side of the field - which pretty much led to the decline of Watt. So, I'll hate him forever on that one).

DL: Albert Haynsworth, Kyle Vanden Bosch, Yannick Ngakoue, Dwight Freeney (we'll start with the respect angle and Freeney; He was an absolute terror, Duane Brown was on skates when he tried to block Freeney. Just hated watching them. Everyone else is a combination of general thuggery and good performance...some like Yan were more performance, others like Haynesworth and KVB were more thuggish).

LB: Keith Bulluck, Darius Leonard, Paul Poslusnzy (All three have had some huge plays in critical situations vs the Texans. Hate us a strong word, they're not Fat Al or anything - just dislike them because they're so good).

DB: Jalen Ramsey, Cortland Innegan, Bob Sanders, Kevin Byard (I really struggled with the FS/SS, so went with two really good players. Ramsey was a pain, but it was great watching him go up against Hopkins. Innegan was a skid mark of a player who got dealt with when he tried to act strong... One of the greatest moments in my Texans fandom is when Andre Johnson put him on a leash and walked his *** around NRG).

K: Randy Bullock (yeah, an old Texans K. He sucked).

P: I dunno, take your pick. Pat McAfee is funny, so maybe not him.

• Like 1