Have you ever flirted with being a fan of another team?

TOUCAN

Never tempted to flea Jets fandom or Mets fandom. Can't say the same for the Knicks or Islanders.

With the Islanders it had more to do their threats of moving, but I've since decided that if I'm allowed to move(and have moved) I think I'd still root for them if they moved.

The Knicks, though, are really pushing me. Between historic levels of sucking and the worst owner in all of pro sports I've been beaten down to the point of apathy. Living in new England these days I'd be inclined to switch the the celtics, but their fan base is just too homeristic to deal with.

3 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

I'm a fan of every team as far as cheerleaders go, know what I mean?

0uAPoYb.png

Here, kitty.

In a more serious vein: the Vikings are my first love and I never root against them. If Minny is not involved, then depending on my mood I might have a soft spot for the Cowboys, Giants, or Bucs. As far as the AFC goes, I've been a Patriots fan since the mid-90s but I like the Titans and Bills too. And there are some individual players I have great respect for such as Tom Brady, Donald Driver, Brett Favre, and of course the one and only Willie Snead, who shall one day save the world. And I'm a big fan of the XFL's New York Guardians.

So I've always been somewhat flexible. But the Vikings are my most pressing commitment.

You sure do know your cheerleaders.  :D

41 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm sure that Bill O'Brien will be gone by the time you make your way home to Texas - and Houston has one of the lowest costs of living along with some of the greatest quality of life markers (your dollar goes further, plenty of opportunities for a side hustle when you're retired, relatively low crime out in the suburbs such as The Woodlands or Sugar Land) some of the best food to eat regardless of your tastes and some of the most beautiful women you'll find in America (ask @Dome).

Come to Houston ...and you'll already be home. We'll cheer for Eric Bienemey and Deshaun Watson together, as they get the grime of BoB off of our minds.

Houston is a definite possibility.  How is the humidity down there?  Most people think I'm crazy when I say it, but I LOVE really humid weather like what they have in Florida. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

But I thought your Goal Buck was to experience the Joy's of your team Winning a SB? Kinda defeats the purpose No? Don't hitch your wagon to their almost 3 decade long streak? You're playing with Fire with a lateral move like that! 😎🥃

That has been my goal all along, Nabbs.  It's just that 50 years is a long time for a starving man to go without anything to eat.  I understand the idea of being a fan, but if this team doesn't come through for my Dad after all those years I'm afraid it's just going to leave a bad taste in my mouth.  Hopefully, he will have a number of years left to watch them so it won't be an issue.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

I'm a fan of every team as far as cheerleaders go, know what I mean?

0uAPoYb.png

Here, kitty.

In a more serious vein: the Vikings are my first love and I never root against them. If Minny is not involved, then depending on my mood I might have a soft spot for the Cowboys, Giants, or Bucs. As far as the AFC goes, I've been a Patriots fan since the mid-90s but I like the Titans and Bills too. And there are some individual players I have great respect for such as Tom Brady, Donald Driver, Brett Favre, and of course the one and only Willie Snead, who shall one day save the world. And I'm a big fan of the XFL's New York Guardians.

So I've always been somewhat flexible. But the Vikings are my most pressing commitment.

How does Willie Snead find himself as part of this equation? Just curious, seems like a random guy to throw in with Brady, Favre and Driver

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:
1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

But I thought your Goal Buck was to experience the Joy's of your team Winning a SB? Kinda defeats the purpose No? Don't hitch your wagon to their almost 3 decade long streak? You're playing with Fire with a lateral move like that! 😎🥃

That has been my goal all along, Nabbs.  It's just that 50 years is a long time for a starving man to go without anything to eat.  I understand the idea of being a fan, but if this team doesn't come through for my Dad after all those years I'm afraid it's just going to leave a bad taste in my mouth.  Hopefully, he will have a number of years left to watch them so it won't be an issue.

Believe me when I say I know Buck! I was referring more to you switching to become a Cowboys Fan in Hope's of feeling that Joy!. Stay where you're at! 😏

37 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Houston is a definite possibility.  How is the humidity down there?  Most people think I'm crazy when I say it, but I LOVE really humid weather like what they have in Florida. 

Oh hell, we're talking +110% humidity every day from mid June until the end of September. Then it buckles down to 90%, give or take. If humidity is your thing, you need to cross every other city off the list. Houston wins.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Oh hell, we're talking +110% humidity every day from mid June until the end of September. Then it buckles down to 90%, give or take. If humidity is your thing, you need to cross every other city off the list. Houston wins.

Nice!  I figured that would probably be the case since you are so close to the Gulf, but it's good to get some verification.  It's like my older brother used to say about the good looking women too - they look a lot better in bikinis than they do in snowmobile suits! 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Nice!  I figured that would probably be the case since you are so close to the Gulf, but it's good to get some verification.  It's like my older brother used to say about the good looking women too - they look a lot better in bikinis than they do in snowmobile suits! 

Well, umm, that's sort of true by definition, right?

I don't know if there are many women on this forum, and it's a given that if there are they have every right to attack me...but from what I've found, I'd take Minnesota women, even in snowmobile suits, over Texas women, pretty most of the time, percentage wise. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2