Time travel: Stopping your team

Glen

13 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i was too young to care about that

If we want to go more recently, I would go with Pick #26 in the 2013 draft Datone Jones. While Harrell and a few others were bad, the other players that we were talking about on here for consideration didn’t mount to much either. However 2013, I remember having endless discussions over the Packers should take and who was still on the board that had been heavily discussed was a lot more hits than misses... DeAndre Hopkins(#27), Travis Frederick(#31), Zach Ertz(#35), Alec Ogletree(#30), Johnthan Cyprien(#33), and Darius Slay(#36). If you throw a Ertz or Hopkins to the Packers during those prime years of Rodgers who knows what butterfly effect that changes!

• Like 1

I was in bootcamp during the draft season, but the guy a bunk over also was a Raider fan and we were missing all the current news. We would talk about who we wanted the Raiders to take first overall. I wanted Brady Quinn, but he kept telling me the answer was Joe Thomas but Calvin Johnson was the Al Davis pick but we couldn't go wrong. The lunch lady tipped us off when Jamarcus was picked and we had nothing to say on football from there on out. I didn't know who Jamarcus was (I was 18 and only knew basically who Brady Quinn was) and he was pretty pissed.

• Like 1

2001 WR Freddy Mitchell #25 Overall. 

Assuming WR was Still a Need in any of the picks/3 rds to follow the next 6 WR taken in that Draft.

#30 Reggie Wayne

#33 Quincy Morgan

#36 Chad Johnson

#41 Robert Ferguson 

#52 Chris Chambers

#74 Steve Smith

Put any of the Bolded as a Eagle with the early 2000's Defense, McNabb and the Eagles probably win a SB. Possibly two.

• Like 1

The franchise answer is probably Todd Blackledge, but I wasn't even alive for that one. Tyson Jackson would get consideration, but that draft was just garbage through and through. So probably Ryan Sims. The '02 draft was loaded with talent, we needed defensive impact desperately to match our great offense, and Sims was NOT it. Dwight Freeney, John Henderson, and Albert Haynesworth were all taken shortly after.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Forge said:

Giovanni Carmazzi.

Just take the skinny, slow kid from Michigan

Even before that in 1997. Jake Plummer, who Walsh liked would have been a much better pick than Jim Druckenmiller. Plummer could have easily transitioned after Young, instead of languishing all those years in Arizona. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

If we didn't draft Dominique 'I like cartoons more than football' Easley, and BB was always going DL - the next up wa DeMarcus Lawrence.

Nice one, Bill.

Off the top of my head I don't know exactly who was drafted after Tavon Wilson.

I DO know that they were better and more productive football players than Tavon Wilson.

Rashard Mendenhall 

Not primarily because he ended up being a mediocre RB, but because of the sheer ignorance he has spread about the game of football during his post-career life.  

It was dumb enough for us to take him in the first round, but as a RB, he was balanced.  He had the tangibles, and could have been a good/reliable RB at most, but he just didn't want to play the game whatsoever.  

He has really went on more of a veiled tirade against football as a sport ever since he left the league, and he's just really a disgraceful human being.  

It's one thing to draft a player who just doesn't live up to the expectations.  It's another thing to draft and give a platform to a clown like him.  

Edited by RamblinMan99
  • Like 1