Time travel: Stopping your team

Glen

13 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

If we didn't draft Dominique 'I like cartoons more than football' Easley, and BB was always going DL - the next up wa DeMarcus Lawrence.

Nice one, Bill.

If they passed on Brandon Meriweather and took the next DB, it could’ve been Eric Weddle...

I would stop the Browns from picking Kellen Winslow Jr. (who never played a professional postseason game unlike his father and despite playing in three BCS games including two title games) and have them pick Big Ben instead. Ironically, he played for a team that while eligible to appear in a BCS game, was not picked for it (they would have automatically qualified under post-2005 rules).

Atleast for when i was alive and paid attention to alot of the draft the guy i hated the absolute most as a prospect coming out that i never wanted the Falcons to draft even into the 5th round if he was there was Jamaal Anderson at DE form Ark.  I had an unwavering grudge against that man as a prospect so much so that people would ask me to quit talking crap about him on here and other mock drafts lol.   I have never in my life been so sure that someone was garbage as player coming out as i was him and i was sure with the Falcons having such a great pick in that draft in the top 10 and it being loaded as it was that we couldn't miss on it and draft him.    We were linked to Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Patrick Willis, Laron Landry, Reggie Nelson, and i think Okoye was he other guy outside of Anderson.    I was devistated when we didn't trade up for Calvin or AP when we was linked so hard to them and knew right away when we drafted Anderson that it was a disaster and a wasted pick and chance at 2 extremely talented game changing players we had a chance to get.

This one should be easy for Eagles fans:

2001 Draft: Freddie Mitchell at #24. He finished his career with 1720 yards and 5 TDs.

• #30 Reggie Wayne 14,345 yards 82 TDs
  • #36 Chad Johnson 11,059 yards 67 TDs
  • #52 Chris Chambers 7,648 yards  58 TDs
  • #74 Steve Smith 14,731 yards 81 TDs

Any of those other 4 and they probably win multiple Super Bowls.

Really hoping JJ Arcega-Whiteside is not Freddie 2.0

Edited by SkippyX

Just now, Aussie9er said:

Taking Solomon Thomas 

Instead going with Jamal Adams 

No way we don't win last superbowl with him instead of thomas. 

I think what you meant was taking Solomon Thomas instead of Patrick Mahomes :D:D:D

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Freddie Mitchell going back a decade

trading a 1st and 2nd  to take Jerome Mcdougle 

Kevin Kolb comes to mind

slightly before my time

Jon Harris in the 1st in 1997..with a HOF end like Jason Taylor going later

And the infamous Mike Mamula pick, where WE traded a 1st and 2nd to move up with Tampa to take him and they got Warren Sapp

the bucs got warren sapp and derrick brooks from the eagles. the bucs traded both seconds they were given to trade up and draft brooks. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Kyle Boller

He wasted about 3/4 years of prime Ray Lewis/Ed Reed/Suggs/Chris McAlister/Kelly Gregg/Jamal Lewis/Jonathan Ogden/Todd Heap

Boller wasn't even good in college that pick was such a head scratcher how often do QBs with 53 percent completion percentage as there best year go that high?

• Like 1