Mock v1.0 (Third round added)

paul-mac

8 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

It’s time for them to seriously consider a long term QB solution 

Not really. Rodgers is under contract for another 4 years. He wants to play way beyond that. More than that even if the Packers want to move on from Rodgers, they are tied to him from a contract perspective for at least next three years, otherwise you would be looking at dead cap hits of anywhere from $30m to $17m.

IF you are bringing in a QB to groom behind Rodgers it is pointless to do it this year and especially in the second round as that player would sit for three years then we would only get the benefit of a cheap contract for that player for one year before you have to sign them to a big deal based off one years play. 

Two years from now is the time to draft a replacement for Rodgers that is if Rodgers play declined significantly. That player could sit for a year behind Rodgers, then we would benefit at least three years of play from said player on a cheap deal, which is the model for teams winning Super Bowls these days. Top QBs on rookie contracts.

Finally, Hurts in the 2nd round is too high and he is not a good enough player. 

On 4/4/2020 at 10:28 AM, paul-mac said:

Patriots: Isaiah Coulter, WR, Rhode Island

Pats need WR but that's a reach.

On 4/4/2020 at 10:28 AM, paul-mac said:

Steelers*: Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU

There is no way  Clyde falls to the end of the 3rd round.   He has the same skill set Christian McCaffrey and they are the same size.

6 hours ago, m haynes said:

Pats need WR but that's a reach.

There is no way  Clyde falls to the end of the 3rd round.   He has the same skill set Christian McCaffrey and they are the same size.

Patriots always make a silly reach on a small school guy in the 2nd/3rd round who everyone else has in round 7, so I had to build that in here.

Edited by paul-mac

This is just really bad for the Packers. Ignoring the trenches and taking a QB in the 2nd I wouldn’t even draft in the 7th round would be a huge miss. This first three rounds wouldn’t make the Packers better for the 2020 season and they are in win now mode.

6 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Patriots always make a silly reach on a small school guy in the 2nd/3rd round who everyone else has in round 2, so I had to build that in here.

Get your point but you have to make sure he's a special teams stud!!!:D

PS   If the Pats don't pick Clyde in the 3rd with 3 picks I will lose my mind!  By the way you still had Clyde at pick 102. If that happens every GM should be fired!