2018 College Prospect Thread

iLikeDefense

17 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I heard hes a Brian Dawkins type leader. Alabama  defensive backs scares me though. 

Marlon Humphrey played great for us(Ravens) this year, looks like a future shutdown corner. Also didn't Eddie Jackson play well for the Bears last year? Landon Collins and Haha aren't bums either.

12 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Marlon Humphrey played great for us(Ravens) this year, looks like a future shutdown corner. Also didn't Eddie Jackson play well for the Bears last year? Landon Collins and Haha aren't bums either.

You're right Mark Barron has had new life as well as lb dee millner is just etched in my mind. Dre kirpatrick too.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:43 PM, germ-x said:

I think he definitely is.  Though, I’m not so sure Denver goes interior OL that high unless they lose Paradis.

There will definitely be competition, but McGovern played well when given the opportunity and I could see Denver being confident moving into the year thinking Leary, Paradis, McGovern is a very solid starting interior.  Especially if they really want to commit to the run game.  Max Garcia would still be in the mix there as well and has gotten work each offseason at OC. 

Good points. That said, we're woefully inadequate in both starters and depth on the OL, even the interior. Elways made no attempt to extend Paradis. Our only OL starter with real promise is Bolles. Garcia has been a disaster and isn't quick enough to play. Leary has back issues McGovern is unproven and our RT spot is manned by two guys who either can't stay healthy, or can't play at an NFL level.

Outside of that, we're fine on the OL.

I doubt we would draft him (or if he'll even be there) but if we have the chance and desire to draft DJ Moore from Maryland in Round 2, it would be a very, very smart selection. Moore is an absolute animal at WR. I think he'll have an incredibly successful pro career. Despite playing with literal garbage at QB at UMD, he was a 1st team B1G selection. He has an amazing knack for getting separation, and he's sneaky fast. Whoever drafts him is going to get a hell of an asset. With our WRs aging, and the discussions out there re: moving on from DT/ES or both, it might be wise to nab a more pro-ready WR than Henderson.

10 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I'd love to nab a guy like Tim Settle.  He creates havic at NT in the run and pass. You pair him with a guy like Trumaine Edmunds and you keep your run game d dominant and pass d dominant.  No more tight ends and rbs gashing us.

Settle is a beast. I think he goes top 20 draft day.

11 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I'd love to nab a guy like Tim Settle.  He creates havic at NT in the run and pass. You pair him with a guy like Trumaine Edmunds and you keep your run game d dominant and pass d dominant.  No more tight ends and rbs gashing us.

Here for the hokie praise.

18 hours ago, germ-x said:

I haven’t watched him, but from what I’ve read the big question is if he can hold up as an outside CB.  Even if he can’t consistently lineup in that role, he’s still plenty capable of doing it situationally.  He’s also rated as one of the best Nickel CBs in the draft, as well as the best safety.

He literally does it all with the size to match up with TEs.  Maybe he doesn’t end up being a pure isolated outside corner, but his versatility to basically fill any role at DB is incredibly valuable in today’s NFL and well worth a selection at #5.  

I really like Fitzpatrick as well. Everything you say here is spot-on. Problem is, Elway doesn't draft Alabama players. 

6 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I really like Fitzpatrick as well. Everything you say here is spot-on. Problem is, Elway doesn't draft Alabama players. 

This. In fact the only Alabama player he has signed was Cyrus Kouandjio. I remember a story last year quoting a “AFC GM” who stated he takes Alabama players off his board because Saban  both gets everything he can out of them and beats the sh-t out of them. I truly believe that was Elway.

If we trade for Cravens does that take a coverage lb off our list?

And the more I read on Darnold the more he scares me. For a college qb with his elite skill sets to lose all of his confidence worries me. It gets no easier playing for a 5 and 11 team. 

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

If we trade for Cravens does that take a coverage lb off our list?

And the more I read on Darnold the more he scares me. For a college qb with his elite skill sets to lose all of his confidence worries me. It gets no easier playing for a 5 and 11 team. 

I would think so.

Also Baker or bust

Just now, Counselor said:

I would think so.

Also Baker or bust

Baker I like a lot also Lamar I like. And Allen I wouldn't mind he seems like Baker to have a chip on his shoulder to always get better. To go from Juco to the first round of the Draft is impressive. To see a guy who is obsessed with his  craft makes me not want to bet against him.

If Rosen had no injury concerns he'd  be number 1 on my board. 

Right now for me it's. 

1) Mayfield

2) Rosen

3) Jackson 

4) Allen

Wouldn't hate any of those  4.

Archived