2018 College Prospect Thread

iLikeDefense

I posted this on another forum yesterday:

Walter football insider says that we are aggressively scouting college QBs

It's Walter Football so maybe take this with a grain of salt?

http://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/228

The Broncos made a move at quarterback this week, benching Treveor Siemian and turning to Brock Osweiler as their starting quarterback. It was surprising to outsiders that Denver gave Osweiler the opportunity instead of 2016 first-round pick Paxton Lynch. After Peyton Manning retired and Osweiler signed with the Texans, the Broncos traded up in the first round to take Lynch. However, Lynch hasn't impressed enough to be named the starting quarterback yet. In speaking with team sources, they say that could be a sign of things to come as the Broncos are aggressively scouting the top quarterback prospects for the 2018 NFL Draft. Denver is taking a hard look at the early-first-round quarterbacks with the possibility of moving up if there is one the organization really believes in. 

Also this bit about Lynch:

Sources say that Lynch has fallen out of favor with the Broncos. His lack of a work ethic is one of the big issues with the team. 

Eh every team including the Pats should be scouting college QBs regardless of if they have a Brady or Trevor. Sounds like some of it is them making assumptions as why Brock was named the starter over Paxton. In reality we know that Paxton is coming off an injury to his throwing shoulder and just started practicing.

I would be pretty concerned if we weren't scouting QBs from round 1 to 7, injuries like to Bridgewater can happen anytime so any smart franchise would know to always do due diligence to every position. 

27 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I really like Baker too. Great passion for the game, good touch throwing downfield, can extend plays. Not sure he wouldn't be considered a slam dunk top 10 draft pick if he were a few inches taller. 

At the beginning of the year, I wasn’t too much of a fan, but he’s won me over this season. I still like Rosen a lot doe. I actually like most of the qbs this year, maybe because we need one so bad.

Sadly we're not just a QB away. We really got exposed today.

Looks to me like we're 2-3 good drafts away. Outside of a small handful of players we're lacking in young talent. 

BPA in all rounds for a few years and we may have the talent to compete.

38 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Looks to me like we're 2-3 good drafts away. Outside of a small handful of players we're lacking in young talent. 

Correct. This team wasn't an LT away last year, and it's not a RT and QB away now. There are so many problems with this team it's hard to even know where to begin.

I want Lamar Jackson. Baker Mayfield scares me. Big 12 QBs do not have a high hit rate in the league, and while that alone isn't a reason not to draft, it should give everyone pause. 

39 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

But yes, we need to rebuild this team through the draft. If we're picking high, nothing should be off the table. OLB, OT, DL, Barkley or a QB. All are fair game in my book.

Yup, you nailed it. Not one position should be off the table.

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

Correct. This team wasn't an LT away last year, and it's not a RT and QB away now. There are so many problems with this team it's hard to even know where to begin.

I want Lamar Jackson. Baker Mayfield scares me. Big 12 QBs do not have a high hit rate in the league, and while that alone isn't a reason not to draft, it should give everyone pause. 

Fair enough I wouldn't be opposed to Lamar either. I just have a feeling about Baker. But I've been wrong before

12 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Idk the defense had no help from the O if we land a franchise qb well be great.

Archived