2018 College Prospect Thread

iLikeDefense

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

I could see Vance and Elway falling in love with Lamar Jackson and his physical gifts given the fact that Vance was a mobile qb. And Elway was high on Presscott and Lynch the last tine around.

My problem with him is a problem I have with most dual threat QBs: Can they play from the pocket consistently? And for Lamar, that's going to be critical as he is too small to hold up over the course of a NFL season running and scrambling. He seems like a player that's going to be injured a lot.

There's also questions about his accuracy, being able to read defenses and go through progressions.

1 hour ago, BroncoSojia said:

My problem with him is a problem I have with most dual threat QBs: Can they play from the pocket consistently? And for Lamar, that's going to be critical as he is too small to hold up over the course of a NFL season running and scrambling. He seems like a player that's going to be injured a lot.

There's also questions about his accuracy, being able to read defenses and go through progressions.

I'm not saying I agree with it I hope they don't go that route . He seems like a more athletic Lynch. I feel like running qbs never develop to their full potential.

Cam, Rg3, Mcnabb, Mariota we will see the same thing.

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

If he declares I want Darnold.  A lot of rumors have been swirling that he will return to school and he's hasn't had a great year.  But just some of the things he does on the field as a passer=GREAT QB.

I'd love to get Darnold too I doubt he comes out though with the Browns picking at the top of the draft any parent would say go back to school.

I just want a blue chip QB I want someone to get the fanbase excited again.

42 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Depending on where we sit in the draft, I'm in love with Roquan Smith, LB from Georgia. In my opinion, he's one of the best LBs to come out of college in a number of years. I think @Counselor would agree with me. He'd be a tremendous asset to this defense, especially next to Marshall.

Hopefully.

But we have treated the ILB spot much like we treated the Safety position for years. Although we have shown interest in some ILB's it's really only been the top rated guy we've been remotely interested in.

4 minutes ago, broncosfan07 said:

Hopefully.

But we have treated the ILB spot much like we treated the Safety position for years. Although we have shown interest in some ILB's it's really only been the top rated guy we've been remotely interested in.

Being here in Atlanta and watching UGA games...Roquan is Bad A$$! 

13 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm not saying I agree with it I hope they don't go that route . He seems like a more athletic Lynch. I feel like running qbs never develop to their full potential.

Cam, Rg3, Mcnabb, Mariota we will see the same thing.

Cam was MVP and led his team to 15-1 before the Broncos tried to murder him on opening night the following season. McNabb went to 4 super bowls. This team would kill for Mariota. Injuries killed RG3's career. What are you talkin about lol

People get caught up in false narratives when evaluating QBs too often, IMO. People were sayin the same crap they will about Jackson about Watson. Rinse and repeat year after year. 

Cam was MVP and led his team to 15-1 before the Broncos tried to murder him on opening night the following season. McNabb went to 4 super bowls. This team would kill for Mariota. Injuries killed RG3's career. What are you talkin about lol

I tend to agree in regards to McNabb and Mariota, but RG3's career wasn't killed by injuries, he was also 'figured out' and was a one read QB for the most part. And while I would kill for Cam in comparison to our recent QB talent, he is overall tremendously overrated and has insane, likely accuracy issues after years in the league.

Lamar is a very risky pick. That frame just scares me to high hell. I would still take him if Darnold / Rosen are gone, he is worth the risk. But sometimes its, almost, bad to be so athletic at QB. Look at early Vick, he was a read-and-run guy but it worked for him because he was INSANE elusive/athletic, and Lamar is like that, but even if it works most the time, it opens you to huge hits. And they will come.

Ever since the SB, Carolina really tried to limit Cam from taking those hits and I think their thinking was that they need to maximize the amount of years he can suit up. However, that really didn't work and you can tell he was no longer that Super Cam that we saw light up D's during their SB run. This year, they've totally let him loose and I think with all those hits he takes it will end his career sooner than it should be.

I would anticipate Lamar doesn't play a full NFL season if we let him run loose out there against NFL players. He's just doesn't have Cam's body. I like Lamar but that is super duper risky. 

Archived