2018 College Prospect Thread

iLikeDefense

9 hours ago, germ-x said:

DJ Chark in for a visit as well.  If anything from this offseason in terms of players Denver is in on, speed seems to be a priority.  

DJ Chark is garbage. I would not like that pick at all. He fits the profile of every other WR that flames out. Runs fast straight down the field but isn't competent at really anything else and will get bodied by any half decent CB. He's literally Phillip Dorsett all over again. I'd much rather see us take a WR with a more well rounded skill set to his game.

20 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

DJ Chark is garbage. I would not like that pick at all. He fits the profile of every other WR that flames out. Runs fast straight down the field but isn't competent at really anything else and will get bodied by any half decent CB. He's literally Phillip Dorsett all over again. I'd much rather see us take a WR with a more well rounded skill set to his game.

Gallup!  It only makes sense that a guy named Gallup become a Bronco. 

34 minutes ago, BaldyBronco said:

Gallup would be a good fit, but Chark fills more of a need.

#GORAMS!

Umm...dude...they are both receivers...not sure what other need you are talking about?  Maybe he is really BJ Chark, which satisfies a locker room need??

I really would not like to see Elway trade up - I could live with moving to 1.4 to get Rosen (or Darnold) providing it didn't cost too much. At 1.5 I want Rosen (or Darnold) or Chubb. I would be tempted to trade down otherwise - with Buffalo, Arizona or Miami - but there would have to be two first rounders from the Bills and a stack of picks from the other two that would allow a trade back up into the first round if necessary.

43 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Umm...dude...they are both receivers...not sure what other need you are talking about?  Maybe he is really BJ Chark, which satisfies a locker room need??

LOL  Chark is a burner man.  Gallup will out catch him, but Chark's speed in the slot gives him a leg up in terms of fit. 

5 hours ago, broncos67 said:

I just saw on twitter, Vance Joseph's brother is Chark's WR coach at LSU, so there's a decent chance...

6 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I will take the guy who will have more catches than a guy who can run fast.

You are not gonna get much of a fight from me on this one.  I am just trying not to be a homer and based that on the need for speed.

Gallup it is!!

Elway, get guys with actual football skills, and not just stopwatch speed.   Last year's experience with Carlos Henderson, Isiaih McKenzie & Brandon Langley wasn't enough to drive the point home?    It's one thing if we were talking about guys with insane tools but no football skills over other high-risk guys.  But Elway's passed over players with very similar ceilings - but much safer floors, and he's consistently disregarded how the board is falling, all in the name of having to get "his guy".   It's why our team is so talent poor across the board.    People keep saying he'll revert back - but man, there's nothing to show his thinking has changed if he goes all-speed, low-skill guys...again.

I'd understand the need to go ceiling over floor when the picks are all lottery tickets - it's why Elway's approach works so well on Day 3 and UDFA.  But this approach has killed us on Day 2.  It's disheartening if Elway gets to pick early this year, and repeats the MO without having learned a single lesson.   2.8 and even 3.7 should net guys with great ceilings - but who can actually play.    

• 2 weeks later...

Quadree Henderson I've been reading up on him. He seems like a slot wr night mare and is projected to go 6th,round. He also is a beast on special teams. 

I know w don't have a 6th but this seems like a great pick to hedge our bets in case the two wrs from last year are a bust.

Archived