Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
iLikeDefense

2018 College Prospect Thread

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

You make sense. With Henderson and Booker on the roster we've already got two "fliers" on the roster.

An improved line would make a lot of rbs look good take last year. Corey Clement, Dalvin Cook , Alvin Kamira, C Mac, Hunt, 

And guys like mixon you can say failed due to poor line play point blank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

An improved line would make a lot of rbs look good take last year. Corey Clement, Dalvin Cook , Alvin Kamira, C Mac, Hunt, 

And guys like mixon you can say failed due to poor line play point blank.

You're preaching to the choir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, I put in the #5 pick thread, but if nothing else, it can't hurt to put it here - a nice breakdown that's actually very positive on 4 of the 5 QB's in question (and even though he won't endorse Allen, it's because Orlovsky cites the fact he'll need the most time to develop - which I don't know how anyone could argue with).

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/dan-orlovsky-2018-nfl-draft-class-quarterback-breakdown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I hear good things about the boise state rb too. What about the Auburn Rb?

If we get Kallen Ballage I'll freak out.

The Auburn RB was the reason Georgia lost to Auburn...they could not contain him, nor bring him down.  Perhaps the only reason UGA won the second time was that he was hurt for that game.  If I remember, he played but wasn't close to 100%.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

The Auburn RB was the reason Georgia lost to Auburn...they could not contain him, nor bring him down.  Perhaps the only reason UGA won the second time was that he was hurt for that game.  If I remember, he played but wasn't close to 100%.  

Guess Roquan Smith took that one off lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Broncofan said:

FWIW, I put in the #5 pick thread, but if nothing else, it can't hurt to put it here - a nice breakdown that's actually very positive on 4 of the 5 QB's in question (and even though he won't endorse Allen, it's because Orlovsky cites the fact he'll need the most time to develop - which I don't know how anyone could argue with).

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/dan-orlovsky-2018-nfl-draft-class-quarterback-breakdown

What's Mason Rudolph do horrible thay moves him down in this draft? I go on espn and they have this blind study qb draft game. He compared to Peyton Manning, big ben, and Byron Leftwhich  with his production.  Is that not good?

Like most offenses don't translate to the NFL is his that much worse than other spread qbs ? I'm just curious to see why he wouldn't be good to develop? Especially him having a great deep ball that will translate day 1!.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

What's Mason Rudolph do horrible thay moves him down in this draft? I go on espn and they have this blind study qb draft game. He compared to Peyton Manning, big ben, and Byron Leftwhich  with his production.  Is that not good?

Like most offenses don't translate to the NFL is his that much worse than other spread qbs ? I'm just curious to see why he wouldn't be good to develop? Especially him having a great deep ball that will translate day 1!.

1.  Slow processing speed.  

2.   Very average to below average arm strength.  

3.   Pocket awareness is so-so.   

Tough guy, gunslinger mentality but the Rd1 talk is nuts IMO.   Belongs with Lauletta & White.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

1.  Slow processing speed.  

2.   Very average to below average arm strength.  

3.   Pocket awareness is so-so.   

Tough guy, gunslinger mentality but the Rd1 talk is nuts IMO.   Belongs with Lauletta & White.   

Ok thanks for the insight I'm slick of slow processing. I heard he had a great deep ball? Still intrigues me if we decided to develop him or falk or white. 

Falk his footwork is money and his short to mid range accuracy is great. His work ethic is also great. Lets remember tom brady was benched in college.

Edited by thebestever6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sony Michel has a knee condition making his knees bone in bone. For that reason he's off my board.

I'd like a bruiser like Chubb, Penny, or John Kelly love his short area quickness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Sony Michel has a knee condition making his knees bone in bone. For that reason he's off my board.

I'd like a bruiser like Chubb, Penny, or John Kelly love his short area quickness. 

I'd never take a talented RB off the board with the medical advances for that problem.  Downgrade them?  A little.   But not off the board.  Honestly, Michel's ACL at a young age is a bigger long-term risk, accepting that RB careers are short.   He won't be the exception to the rule, but that's not how we should view RB's (more on that in a sec).

Synthetic gel to replace the joint fluid to avoid knee-on-knee from creating problems often works for multiple years.   Then we have stem cells and HGH (illegal here, but let's face it, Andrew Luck has it).  Plasma-rich platelets and Regenokine (the other treatment Luck had) are also options, although iffier if they help.  

None of the above is a cure, and there's risk if done without proper medical supervision (no HS/college kid is getting it who's not from a really rich family, I'm guaranteeing that) and it's $$, but the options to extend a RB's career to the 5-6 year mark from a knee-on-knee are very much available.  It's why Jay Ajayi's had little trouble to get this far.  He was a Day 2 guy who fell to Rd5 - but the advances in medical tech have kept him on the field without issue for 3 years running (managing his practice reps was a smart move, given mileage matters over time, anything saved helps extend the career from problems at peak phase).

RB's taken in Day 2 shouldn't be considered beyond their rookie deal unless they are truly elite.  Use them for 4 years, maybe a 5th with the franchise tag (since it's reasonable for RB's if a guy is a top 5 RB), and them let them walk.  No Devonta Freeman-type extensions.  Knee-on-knee shouldn't be a reason to take someone off the board who's that good.  It can downgrade him below Chubb or Penny, that's fair, similar talents (in different ways).   Kelly doesn't need to be reached for, he shouldn't go at the same tier (but I love him at the next one for sure).

Guys like LVE & Michel for their medicals (and Allen with the tweets) - there's ZERO coincidence on the timing of these "news" pieces.  Teams and agents for competing players are trying to create a fall.  Smart teams take advantage of that (Allen's won't work though, that's ridiculous, 14-16 year old males are just stupid in general, why you don't let them put anything online wherever possible, it just confirms stupidity is rampant at that age).

Edited by Broncofan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Ugh woody says if DJ Chark is there in the 2nd round we're selecting him not good. 

Jesus murphy.

Elway falling for speed-first, actual-skills-deficient guys.  Did he not learn his lesson from last year?   And worse, the 3rd round has so many similar guys who offer better skills than Chark.   

God.  

Edited by Broncofan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Jesus murphy.

Elway falling for speed-first, actual-skills-deficient guys.  Did he not learn his lesson from last year?   And worse, the 3rd round has so many similar guys who offer better skills than Chark.   

God.  

It disgust me hopefully some team picks him before us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Jesus murphy.

Elway falling for speed-first, actual-skills-deficient guys.  Did he not learn his lesson from last year?   And worse, the 3rd round has so many similar guys who offer better skills than Chark.   

God.  

Why is Chark even being touted as a 2nd rounder?  Gotta be all speed related?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

Why is Chark even being touted as a 2nd rounder?  Gotta be all speed related?

I thinl the recent success of obj help tremendously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×