2018 College Prospect Thread

iLikeDefense

I am also drafting for our division rivals and have done this so far.

Raiders

1.10 Vita Vea

2.35 Tyrell Crosby

3.75 Rashaad Penny

Chargers

1.17 Lamar Jackson

2.48 Tim Settle

3.84 Chukwuma Okorafor 

Chiefs

2.54 Lorenzo Carter

3.78 Anthony Averett

3.86 PJ Hall

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

This is probably a pipe dream but Id love too do two trade downs one with buffalo and one with new england.  I think this team needs a ton of young talent.

A friend of mine that knows football is for this as well.  He wants to trade down and trade down.

As I told him and I’ll tell all of you, I’m against it.  Take the elite player, Denver has rarely been in this position in its history.  Denver needs talent, but not at the expense of drafting at #23.

As I told him, trade downs always sound great because everyone thinks they’re hitting on all of the players.

Realistically, the further you move down the board the less likely the players drafted pan out.  Stick at #5 take BPA.

44 minutes ago, germ-x said:

A friend of mine that knows football is for this as well.  He wants to trade down and trade down.

As I told him and I’ll tell all of you, I’m against it.  Take the elite player, Denver has rarely been in this position in its history.  Denver needs talent, but not at the expense of drafting at #23.

As I told him, trade downs always sound great because everyone thinks they’re hitting on all of the players.

Realistically, the further you move down the board the less likely the players drafted pan out.  Stick at #5 take BPA.

I disagree, you make elite players 80% of the time system , culture , etc. Look at Antonio Brown, leveon bell, the colts teams. We can get great players second round. 

I disagree, you make elite players 80% of the time system , culture , etc. Look at Antonio Brown, leveon bell, the colts teams. We can get great players second round. 

I'd settle for 2nd round guys who actually start and are league-average by year 2 (and hopefully great later), given Elway's Day 2 record.

Nothing in our history says we should go back to the 20's...Elway's more likely to reach for need than take the best guy then.   That's a path that's led to our current roster problems.   We know we should be getting either Darnold/Rosen or one of the 3 elite nonQB guys at 5.    The only way we mess up 1.5 (barring injury, you can't predict that) is if we go on Allen and he busts.

Sure, you can.  I’m not denying that.  But, it just rarely happens.  People think, well, I am going to move back and get 3 great players instead of 1.  It just doesn’t happen.  

Lol the Browns have been doing this for YEARS.  They may be on the upswing now (we will see) but I don’t want to take decades to be good.  Denver needs to stay put and take BPA and not get cute with it.

2 hours ago, germ-x said:

Sure, you can.  I’m not denying that.  But, it just rarely happens.  People think, well, I am going to move back and get 3 great players instead of 1.  It just doesn’t happen.  

Lol the Browns have been doing this for YEARS.  They may be on the upswing now (we will see) but I don’t want to take decades to be good.  Denver needs to stay put and take BPA and not get cute with it.

If you use the Browns as a baseline you'll fail anyway you look at it. Wheter its gerard warren, tim couch, courtney brown. If anything it emphasizes not putting all the eggs in one basket because of injury. 

I like the Vikings baseline model. This is a deep draft.

3 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

There is one reason why I would consider trading down - the draft is deep at positions of need - trade down and you are likely to hit with OT, OG, RB and the you can look at what is left for DL, LB and DB.

Lb is extremely deep dont see us going there early, same for te.

We can go corner early with a trade down, trench play. We could get d lineman as well lol. Sp much promise. 

Wr also is deep we could get the one we want in the second rather than taking a leftover in the third.

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Lb is extremely deep dont see us going there early, same for te.

We can go corner early with a trade down, trench play. We could get d lineman as well lol. Sp much promise. 

Wr also is deep we could get the one we want in the second rather than taking a leftover in the third.

We cannot give up the premium pick. Everyone wants to trade out for need.  I am comfortable with most of the roster. Need WR and OL help desperately. And a QBOF so badly.  I would only trade up or take the clear BPA at 5.  To me it’s Nelson/Chubb/Barkley.  

I want the Elway QB train to fall in love with a QB and trade up.  Not sure why, but Rosen/Darnold/Allen, whichever Elway falls in love with, Should be on this roster.  

Scary thought I know. Super risky, and IMO...worth it.  

1 hour ago, BaldyBronco said:

We cannot give up the premium pick. Everyone wants to trade out for need.  I am comfortable with most of the roster. Need WR and OL help desperately. And a QBOF so badly.  I would only trade up or take the clear BPA at 5.  To me it’s Nelson/Chubb/Barkley.  

I want the Elway QB train to fall in love with a QB and trade up.  Not sure why, but Rosen/Darnold/Allen, whichever Elway falls in love with, Should be on this roster.  

You're comfortable with the positions this year. We have aging positions especially wrs. It's not black and white. There's a grey area.

My preferences are 

1) franchise qb

2) Chubb keep adding too positions of strength. 

3) Nelson

4) trade down all the way.

At no point do I want a trade up. Also don't want Barkley at 5 I'd rather have Guice at 12. Really dont think the gap is that crazy.

2 hours ago, BaldyBronco said:

I think Elways kinda caught in his own trap here. The "win now and forever" makes the choice of a QB a real tough sell.

He may be able to convince the fan base he got the QB he wanted and in a year or two it'll start paying dividends. As far as winning now though another QB won't help. Any one of the other three would improve us this year.

5 hours ago, AKRNA said:

I think Elways kinda caught in his own trap here. The "win now and forever" makes the choice of a QB a real tough sell.

He may be able to convince the fan base he got the QB he wanted and in a year or two it'll start paying dividends. As far as winning now though another QB won't help. Any one of the other three would improve us this year.

Agree, he's kind of caught himself.  If you want to win now ya can't really go QB this year with a top 5 pick.  I think Elway's board is Barkley and then I'd imagine Chubb or Nelson next.  I fundamentally disagree with picking a RB in the first round, but I'm 99% sure Barkley will win me over if he's the pick.

Praying that the Browns stay at 4 and go Barkley or Chubb.  If that happens, I think the Bills will be knocking the door down trying to trade up to 5.

Archived