2018 College Prospect Thread

iLikeDefense

32 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Quadree Henderson I've been reading up on him. He seems like a slot wr night mare and is projected to go 6th,round. He also is a beast on special teams. 

I know w don't have a 6th but this seems like a great pick to hedge our bets in case the two wrs from last year are a bust.

Would rather have Nyheim Hines. He's more of a do-it-all guy that could benefit us in multiple areas.

3 minutes ago, BaldyBronco said:

Between Falk, White, Lauetta, even Rudolph. I feel like with this class more than others many of the mid round qbs have more intangibles than the top guys. Maybe, that is manufactured publicity who knows.

I think Denver gets a qb at some point Paxton will not be on the roster much longer.

I really like Austin Corbett. I think he can play OT at 6'04. If he had hit that 6'05 benchmark he would be much more touted and arguably one of the top OT prospects in the draft. But at 6'04 he is arbitrarily considered a IOL only and this IOL class is stacked, so he gets lost in the shuffle.

IDK if this team needs another late rounder WR. We have Carlos Henderson and some other ST types already. If we go WR, get someone who can immediately play the position. Gallup is so attractive in this sense because he has NFL ready skills but isn't some blue collar technician only, he has starting WR athleticism too. I see him able to play the slot at a high level right away and with the speed to play sideline too if (when) we move on from DT/Manny. Easy pick.

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

Between Falk, White, Lauetta, even Rudolph. I feel like with this class more than others many of the mid round qbs have more intangibles than the top guys. Maybe, that is manufactured publicity who knows.

I think Denver gets a qb at some point Paxton will not be on the roster much longer.

Paxton has a $4.5m dead cap charge if he's traded or released. That's a big hit to take for a team that has only $3.6m in cap space  when accounting for the top-51+rookie pool. It would mean another player with a large cap hit would have to cut just so we could cut Paxton. I think Paxton is on the team no matter what. 

24 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I really like Austin Corbett. I think he can play OT at 6'04. If he had hit that 6'05 benchmark he would be much more touted and arguably one of the top OT prospects in the draft. But at 6'04 he is arbitrarily considered a IOL only and this IOL class is stacked, so he gets lost in the shuffle.

IDK if this team needs another late rounder WR. We have Carlos Henderson and some other ST types already. If we go WR, get someone who can immediately play the position. Gallup is so attractive in this sense because he has NFL ready skills but isn't some blue collar technician only, he has starting WR athleticism too. I see him able to play the slot at a high level right away and with the speed to play sideline too if (when) we move on from DT/Manny. Easy pick.

Re: WR, if we go there, totally agree that we have to think long-term DT/Sanders replacement.  It's why I'd just take guys who can help and play inside/outside.   Gallup is a favorite for the value, because he's a Rd3-4 target.   Anthony Miller is another favorite, although he'd likely have to go early Rd3 at best, might have to move up for him.   Elway's not had a visit with Miller, though, so that seems like a pipe dream - whereas DEN has shown clear interest in Gallup.   I hope we go there too.    We probably have to give C-Henderson another full year to show us if he can be part of our future, Day 2 picks deserve 2 full seasons to show what they can do....the problem was Elway invested 2 picks last year in pretty much identical WR types.  We can't invest another late pick in a similar type (gadget, speed-great, actual skill-poor WR).

Just now, Broncofan said:

Re: WR, if we go there, we have to think long-term DT/Sanders replacement.  It's why I'd just take guys who can help and play inside/outside.   Gallup is a favorite for the value, because he's a Rd3-4 target.   Anthony Miller is another favorite, although he'd likely have to go early Rd3 at best, might have to move up for him.   Elway's not had a visit with Miller, though, so that seems like a pipe dream - whereas DEN has shown clear interest in Gallup.   I hope we go there too.

I see James Washington if we go that route even though I like the guys you've mentioned.  I think Washington is on our board and reminds me of DT a bit.

5 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Paxton has a $4.5m dead cap charge if he's traded or released. That's a big hit to take for a team that has only $3.6m in cap space  when accounting for the top-51+rookie pool. It would mean another player with a large cap hit would have to cut just so we could ***** Paxton. I think Paxton is on the team no matter what. 

I think some team offers a conditional late round pick for his services.

6 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I see James Washington if we go that route even though I like the guys you've mentioned.  I think Washington is on our board and reminds me of DT a bit.

Washington's a burner, and he tracks balls really well, and his long strides allow him to get past CB's in a hurry (which is why his 40 time doesn't look impressive, but his with-pads speed is excellent).  But Washington lacks DT's size, box out and YAC ability.   He's not very quick in short areas, either, so being able to separate and beat press coverage is very much in question.   He's a great lid lifter, but I don't think he'd fit the DT profile except the deep ball prowess that DT had in his younger years.   

I think some team offers a conditional late round pick for his services.

But that still gives us a 4.5M dead cap hit. I expect little if anything from him but keeping him on the roster with a tiny chance of putting it together is better IMO than a 2019 R6-7 pick and a 4.5M dead cap hit.

I see very little similarity between these two. Washington is closer to Devery Henderson than he is Deymarius Thomas.

Archived