2018 College Prospect Thread

iLikeDefense

10 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

Why is Chark even being touted as a 2nd rounder?  Gotta be all speed related?

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I thinl the recent success of obj help tremendously. 

It's the speed.   Remember Will Fuller and John Ross made their way to Rd1 because of it.

I suppose we should be happy we don't have a late 1st.  We'd probably spend it on Chark.   Now I have to worry if we trade out of 1.5, we might get a non-elite prospect and waste our 2nd pick on a freaking WR.   Who's not even worth a 2nd.   GAAAAAAWD.

(Sorry, I really try not to be prematurely negative, but it's hard with Elway's draft history and weakness for low-skill, high-tool guys...who just bust out).

Just now, Broncofan said:

It's the speed.   Remember Will Fuller and John Ross made their way to Rd1 because of it.

I suppose we should be happy we don't have a late 1st.  We'd probably spend it on Chark.   GAAAAAAWD.

(Sorry, I really try not to be prematurely negative, but it's hard with Elway's draft history and weakness for low-skill, high-tool guys...who just bust out).

100% with ya, with all the talent in the trenches and at CB  this year I really don't want to see Elway draft another toolsy WR.  If they do are they essentially giving up on Henderson?  I get that we need talent on this team at the skill positions but this isn't the draft to do it IMO

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

I suppose we should be happy we don't have a late 1st.  We'd probably spend it on Chark.   Now I have to worry if we trade out of 1.5, we might get a non-elite prospect and waste our 2nd pick on a freaking WR.   Who's not even worth a 2nd.   GAAAAAAWD.

I've been so excited about this draft but if this is the way things go I will be supremely disappointed. That's actually an understatement. 

4 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

100% with ya, with all the talent in the trenches and at CB  this year I really don't want to see Elway draft another toolsy WR.  If they do are they essentially giving up on Henderson?  I get that we need talent on this team at the skill positions but this isn't the draft to do it IMO

Remember both Sanders and DT are expensive, Sanders is no longer a bargain.   If we had 2 cheap WR's, we might even cut bait on both next year (more likely 1 after 2018, 1 after 2019).   

No one is giving up on Henderson, but if we drafted 2 WR's, I wouldn't be upset - IF WE DRAFTED THEM AT FREAKING VALUE.    Not this kind of horrific, classic-Elway reach.  Get a Gallup in the 99/106 range.   Not this.    I'd be iffy if we took Chark at 3.7 (I know he probably wouldn't last that long - but here's the point - YOU LET HIM WALK if he's not at value).

@AnAngryAmerican - FWIW, I feel like pointing out that this is what it's like to be you mood-wise watching Elway drafts, I'm amazed you've lasted 13 drafts.   You must have clean coronaries and no brain aneurysms.   I fear that I'm about to find out if I fall in that category if this is what we're getting (Chark at 2.40).

18 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Jesus murphy.

Elway falling for speed-first, actual-skills-deficient guys.  Did he not learn his lesson from last year?   And worse, the 3rd round has so many similar guys who offer better skills than Chark.   

God.  

That's actually kind of funny in a weird way. Chark sounds really good until you get to the part about actually catching the ball. Seems to have issues there.

Just now, AKRNA said:

That's actually kind of funny in a weird way. Chark sounds really good until you get to the part about actually catching the ball. Seems to have issues there.

They have gloves made with stickum on it. Its 2018 I'm  actually shocked than. Thought someone said he has stiff hips.

3 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

It's just disheartening.  If Chark didn't run the fastest 40 time, he'd literally be a mid-late 3rd round guy....or worse.    And we live in an era where we know there's more to football than straight-line speed.    Short-area quickness, lateral agility, body control, hands, route-running.  But no, let's go with the guys who run in straight line fast.   SMH.   Please, please, please be smokescreen (judging by visit history, though...doubtful).

I mean, we've spent a ton of time debating Nelson vs. QB - but that's an argument you can make on either side with really good rationale, even if you don't agree with it.   Taking Ward at 1.5, Chark at 2.40....god.   There are no words.  Well, there are, but then I'd be suspended and miss the draft online.

Elway must have forgotten that he drafted two Chark's last season.

Mother of god get a 4.5 guy that can catch over the 4.3 guy who cant.

Elway seems to really be looking for his Troy Williamson lolz

7 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It's just disheartening.  If Chark didn't run the fastest 40 time, he'd literally be a mid-late 3rd round guy....or worse.    And we live in an era where we know there's more to football than straight-line speed.    Short-area quickness, lateral agility, body control, hands, route-running.  But no, let's go with the guys who run in straight line fast.   SMH.   Please, please, please be smokescreen (judging by visit history, though...doubtful).

I mean, we've spent a ton of time debating Nelson vs. QB - but that's an argument you can make on either side with really good rationale, even if you don't agree with it.   Taking Ward at 1.5, Chark at 2.40....god.   There are no words.  Well, there are, but then I'd be suspended and miss the draft online.

I'd turn the draft on if we went Ward and than Chark. I kinda want ward with a trade back because I miss tj. Please elway don't jump the chark .

The irony is that while I've argued going Darnold/Rosen over Nelson at 1.5 until I've turned blue, and against Ward at 1.5, if we take Chark at 2.7 over Price/Hernandez/Ragnow at 2.40, or Oliver / Davis / Hughes, I will be absolutely beside myself.   Play the board, Elway.  You don't have to reach for "your guy" Day 2.  There are other fish in the sea who might actually even be better at playing football.   Jeezus murphy.

Now that we see where they went, here is my prediction of how the top 4 QBs will end up:

Baker Mayfield: will start by mid season and show some flash. Will have a sub 500 record over the next 3 years and make more headlines for his off the field sh-t than his play. 

Sam Darnold: He's got a great QB room he's going to with Mcown and Jeremy Bates. Unfortunately I don't think either will be there when the coaching staff gets scapegoated after this season. He will be good but the Jets will find a way to ruin him and will have a Cutler type career. long time starter, 1-2 deep playoff runs, no rings.

Josh Allen: The Bills are a great landing spot for him. McDermot is a great coach, who is all about balance and wont pull a McCoy and try to force the QB to sling it. Brian Daboll is a good OC to help develop him as a QB. McCarron in front of him means he wont have to be forced onto the field. I think he will be a good one and be considered a top 10 QB in 3-5 years.

Josh Rosen: He will be forced into action this year because Bradford will get injured. McCoy is trying to regain his QB whisperer label and will force the pass like he did this season. Arizona has an OK OL. Rosen will look good when in action, but this landing spot does nothing to alleviate my fears of his concussions. IF he can stay healthy he will be a good one. 50/50 he retires before his next contract though.

2 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Now that we see where they went, here is my prediction of how the top 4 QBs will end up:

Baker Mayfield: will start by mid season and show some flash. Will have a sub 500 record over the next 3 years and make more headlines for his off the field sh-t than his play. 

Sam Darnold: He's got a great QB room he's going to with Mcown and Jeremy Bates. Unfortunately I don't think either will be there when the coaching staff gets scapegoated after this season. He will be good but the Jets will find a way to ruin him and will have a Cutler type career. long time starter, 1-2 deep playoff runs, no rings.

Josh Allen: The Bills are a great landing spot for him. McDermot is a great coach, who is all about balance and wont pull a McCoy and try to force the QB to sling it. Brian Daboll is a good OC to help develop him as a QB. McCarron in front of him means he wont have to be forced onto the field. I think he will be a good one and be considered a top 10 QB in 3-5 years.

Josh Rosen: He will be forced into action this year because Bradford will get injured. McCoy is trying to regain his QB whisperer label and will force the pass like he did this season. Arizona has an OK OL. Rosen will look good when in action, but this landing spot does nothing to alleviate my fears of his concussions. IF he can stay healthy he will be a good one. 50/50 he retires before his next contract though.

I disagree on Allen can see the rest though. I dont think the bills are good at all 3 levels of the offense. How much doea shady have left?

Archived