Mad dogs and Englishmen Mock

Brit Pack

Round 1, pick 30:  Tee Higgins, WR
Wanted Josh Jones but he was taken by Seattle with Pick 27. Justin Jefferson was a player we were targeting but couldn’t find a trade partner. However, another target that we really liked as a WR was there at 30 and that was Tee Higgins. Mims was another possibility but he was taken by Baltimore with pick 28.

Round 2, pick 62: Donovan Peoples Jones, WR
With the desire to still a get a good OT we find the ones we are after are gone but the value in finding another really good WR is sitting there and we double dip and take Donovan Peoples Jones. Was tempted to take Cole Kmet, TE out of Notre Dame but don’t fancy TEs.

Round 3, pick 94: Trey Adams, OT
Now is the time to grab that elusive OT that we have been after and go and we take Trey Adams out of Washington, previously heralded as a top OT but injuries have dropped him down.

Round 4, pick 136: Jabari Zuniga, OLB
Currently we only have 3 players that play the OLB position on our team and we need some depth and Jabari Zuniga is sitting there. He is a SPARQ athlete. Tested brilliantly at the combine. 264lbs and ran a 4.64, 29 reps on the bench.  Has always teased. You are taking him on potential here.

Round 5, pick 175: Willie Gay, ILB/OLB
Looking for some more speed on defence and potential, a player drops because of off field issues but another SPARQ monster is Willie Gay from Mississippi State. 243lbs ran a 4.46 40, 39.5 vertical, 136 on the broad. Can play the MLB role.

Round 6, pick 192: Alex Taylor, OT
Going back again and looking for more OT talent we pick up Alex Taylor out of South Carolina State. Former basketball player who is new to the sport. Good size. Long arms 36'' and largest wingspan of any OT at the combine with a massive 88''.Worth a punt.

Round 6, pick 208: Michael Ojemudia, CB
Looking to add some more competition to the cornerback room we take Michael Ojemudia from Iowa. Big guy, not a bad SPARQ dude either.

Round 6, pick 209: Raequan Williams, NT
Adding a big body to the line was something we wanted to address earlier but didn’t find anyone we liked. Raequan Williams, NT out of Michigan State. He is fits the size profile that Pettine likes.

Round 7, pick 236: Amik Robertson, CB
Here we go CB again with a guy who is small for our thresholds but who put up great numbers and that is Amik Robertson. Has lots of intensity and swagger. If it wasn’t for his size would be drafted much higher.

Round 7, pick 242: Kelly Bryant, QB
Just for fun a developmental QB with wheels, Kelly Bryant. Was at Clemson but never won the job once Watson left. Has good athleticism. He did alright at the Combine as well.

Edited by Brit Pack
More stats for Alex Taylor
  • Like 1

Not a fan drafting WR's in rounds 1 and 2.  I don't see the need to draft back to back at the top of the draft. OT is a very high need so I one of the first 2 rounds used for OT. I would go a little heavier on DL and even a TE somewhere.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Trey Adams is almost guaranteed to be a medical black list. 

He's the second coming of Andrew Datko...Saadiq Charles or Ezra Cleveland at 94, please...

Why are we double-dipping at WR early? and why is IDL not addressed until Day 3? You do realize that Kenny Clark is essentially our entire DL...

Not a fan of Higgins either; methinks he'll be constantly hurt given what I saw of him last year. Anytime I watched Higgins, Kenneth Murray, his teammate Gallimore, or Grant Delpit they were always on the sideline at some point in the game, especially Delpit and Murray. I could live with the rest of this except for Kelly Bryant, who stunk up the joint at Mizzou last year proving to us why Trevor Lawrence beat him out at Clemson.

4 hours ago, Joe said:

He's the second coming of Andrew Datko...Saadiq Charles or Ezra Cleveland at 94, please...

Why are we double-dipping at WR early? and why is IDL not addressed until Day 3? You do realize that Kenny Clark is essentially our entire DL...

Not a fan of Higgins either; methinks he'll be constantly hurt given what I saw of him last year. Anytime I watched Higgins, Kenneth Murray, his teammate Gallimore, or Grant Delpit they were always on the sideline at some point in the game, especially Delpit and Murray. I could live with the rest of this except for Kelly Bryant, who stunk up the joint at Mizzou last year proving to us why Trevor Lawrence beat him out at Clemson.

There were something like 30 DL players available in FA and Gute didn't go after a single one. Gute wanted a WR in FA went after Sanders, Robby and landed Funchess. So in my mind that means for better or worse Gute is happy with our DL options as why wait for the draft to address the need with a rookie?

I never realised Trey Andrew was that screwed up by injuries. Oh well!!

Higgins is one of my draft crushes so I cannot hear or accept anything said against him...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joe said:

I liked that guy. Oops

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I liked that guy. Oops

I was playing old *** Madden 13 on one of my consoles just yesterday and I'm like who's this ******* playing LT. Eventually it kinda zoomed on him and I saw Datko and just laughed. I bet I hadn't thought of that dude in who knows how many years.

Who was LT that year, Newhouse?

Edited by Norm