MLB Logan Wilson

BZski

27 minutes ago, Awsi Dooger said:

All of a sudden this guy is everywhere. I was listening to a Lance Zierlein podcast today on YouTube and he mentions Logan Wilson out of nowhere. Top 100 player was how he summarized. He also said that instinctive linebackers have it easier in the NFL than college because everything is more straight forward instead of all the jet sweep motion followed by an RPO

I feel like that is becoming less true by the day really.

Though i'd obviously still prefer an instinctive LBer over one who isn't.  xD

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BZski said:

I hope the Lions take him in rd 2 LOL. I must not see the lack of splash plays. I see a 3 down MLB that is really, really good against both the run and the pass. Poor mans Luke Kuchley.

He's not any man's Luke Kuechly. Kuechly was Evan Weaver's instincts, tackling, and block shedding combined with Troy Dye's athleticism and cover skills. Luke was one of a kind, man. Wilson is just a solid all around guy.

2 hours ago, Awsi Dooger said:

All of a sudden this guy is everywhere. I was listening to a Lance Zierlein podcast today on YouTube and he mentions Logan Wilson out of nowhere. Top 100 player was how he summarized. He also said that instinctive linebackers have it easier in the NFL than college because everything is more straight forward instead of all the jet sweep motion followed by an RPO

That's certainly changing lol.

• Like 1

Here is the Zierlein clip. His argument is that NFL offenses have been simplified -- despite so much motion going on -- which makes it easier for receivers to adapt quickly. Then he follows with the aspect I mentioned above, that instinctive college linebackers have time to breathe in the NFL since not nearly as much is going on. 

All the motion is indeed a more simple offense. I have seen the top college football analysts emphasize that for more than a decade. It is a more limited playbook and a bunch of basic plays disguised with tons of window dressing. If you watch it after the fact and ignore all the window dressing you see it was nothing but a basic play design that resembles plays from 40 or 60 years ago:

5 hours ago, Awsi Dooger said:

Here is the Zierlein clip. His argument is that NFL offenses have been simplified -- despite so much motion going on -- which makes it easier for receivers to adapt quickly. Then he follows with the aspect I mentioned above, that instinctive college linebackers have time to breathe in the NFL since not nearly as much is going on. 

All the motion is indeed a more simple offense. I have seen the top college football analysts emphasize that for more than a decade. It is a more limited playbook and a bunch of basic plays disguised with tons of window dressing. If you watch it after the fact and ignore all the window dressing you see it was nothing but a basic play design that resembles plays from 40 or 60 years ago:

Awesome! Thanks