Moving up your board, and down

onejayhawk

As the draft approaches, players once thought to be first round material are starting to fall to day three while day three prospects jump into the elite rounds.

Tyler Biadasz is one case of a faller. He's a nasty mauler that dominated in college, but he's athletically limited and not good in space. He'll be drafted, but as a stopgap or depth player, not a long term starter. In contrast, other are moving up. With the Chris Jones contract looming, I have been paying attention to penetrating or single gap DT. By far, the best is Javon Kinlaw but we have almost zero chance at him.  Next in line is Ross Blacklock, but he will take the #32 pick to draft which is a tad pricey. Nevill Gallimore and Justin Madubuike are possibilities for #96, but neither figures to make it that far. So, who to take day three? Three names that spark interest are Jason Strowbridge, NC St, Larrell Murchison, UNC, McTelvin Agim, Arkansas. 

I am also liking DB Terrell Burgess, Utah. He's listed at both CB and S which gives you a hint of his issue--he's a tweener. He's most likely a run support CB for most teams. For us, he could play the hybrid position Fuller left. Most rank him mid 3rd round. I would be glad to get him at #96.

What about you? 

J

Biadasz has some medical red flags (hip,ac joint). He'll be the heart n soul of a line but it has to be a line that suits to strengths. If he wound up in, say, Baltimore he'll be a top C in no time but a more finesse oline will take away from what he does best.

36 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Murchison, Agim and Burgess have been on some of my Chiefs OTC draft lists. I wouldn't be adverse to any of them.

Bartch practiced well at the Senior Bowl. But he's got a big jump to make in competition and experience. He needs strength and time.

Luckily we dont need him to start right away.

I can see Bartch at #96. I would not consider him earlier without a lot more information. 

I have seen some comments about the WR class. Kiper says he has 30 WR that could come off the board in the first three rounds, 108 picks. CBS ran stats on 21 players, 11 of whom were both more than average athletically, for the position, and more productive than average. Two names to consider are Chase Claypool, Notre Dame and Donovan Peoples-Jones, Michigan. In the mid to late rounds, Tyrie Cleveland, Florida who is basically off grid. For our 5th round pick, he is a candidate.  

J

We have a great WR corps. Teams are chasing us, not the other way around. With only 5 picks, we have other areas to address.

I liked some of your previous players like Murchison, Agim and Burgess. They address some areas of need.

Edited by mayanfootball

So one of the weird things I noticed about our CB room.  We have 5 guys who are strictly CB’s.

2 were teammates at South Carolina

2 were teammates are South Carolina St(albeit only 1 year).

Either it’s an odd coincidence, they really like how those defensive backs are coached,  or they really trust the scout in that area for DB’s.   Noah Igbinoghene might be my pick if I were to just go off this info.  

I’ve made my list of current top 5 players at each position. They are not in preference order, just alphabetized. This is also based on how I think they would fit with us and our scheme/needs as I see them. I am excluding any consensus top 20ish picks as I don’t see us trading up. This means no Chase Young, Jerry Jeudy, Isaiah Simmons, etc. I’m also excluding QB, P, K, and S because I personally do not believe that we should be drafting one this year with our limited picks.

RB: Eno Benjamin, JK Dobbins, Anthony McFarland, Zack Moss, DeAndre Swift

TE: Hunter Bryant, Josiah Deguara, Brycen Hopkins, Cole Kmet, Jared Pinkney

WR: Bryan Edwards, Antonio Gandy-Golden, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Jefferson, Tyler Johnson

OT: Austin Jackson, Lucas Niang, Matt Peart, Prince Tega Wanogho, Isaiah Wilson

OG/C: Tyler Biadasz, Jake Hanson, Solomon Kindley, Cesar Ruiz, Logan Stenberg

DL: Bradley Anae, Ross Blacklock, Neville Gallimore, DaVon Hamilton, Justin Madubuike

LB: Zack Baun, Jordyn Brooks, Malik Harrison, Kenneth Murray, Patrick Queen

CB: Jeff Gladney, Jaylon Johnson, Amik Robertson, Josiah Scott, AJ Terrell

51 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I’ve made my list of current top 5 players at each position. They are not in preference order, just alphabetized. This is also based on how I think they would fit with us and our scheme/needs as I see them. I am excluding any consensus top 20ish picks as I don’t see us trading up. This means no Chase Young, Jerry Jeudy, Isaiah Simmons, etc. I’m also excluding QB, P, K, and S because I personally do not believe that we should be drafting one this year with our limited picks. 

I like it!   Any thoughts on a couple guys I’m higher on that you don’t have listed.

RB:  Clyde Edwards-Helaire

IOL:  Cameron Clark, 

OT: Charlie Heck

TE: Dalton Keene 
DL: Trevis Gipson

LB: Joe Bachie / Justin Strnad 

Edited by samsel23