Barley Post Mock Draft

Triplestripe

Snacks and Tramon are signed for Small 1 year Contracts totaling 4 mil cap hit this year 

Free Agency Done 

Trade with Houston Texans

1(30) + 3(94)

for 

2(40) + 2(57)

2(40)- Jalen Reagor- Obvious Need different body type than other wideouts Better Pro than College Player Low grade QB play 

2(57)-Grant Delpit- High level Third safety that will be able to play all four downs and allow us to disguise our coverage with three safety looks

Another Trade with Raiders 

2(62) + 4(136)

for 

3(80)+ 3(81) 

3(80)- Davon Hamilton- Eventually Replaces Snacks...Size and Movement skills are elite and will make a pairing with Kenny that should free up linebackers on the first two downs 

3(81)- Saahdiq Charles- preferred RT type however Saahdiq movement skills shows more LT type will gives us options with Bahk Contract coming up will need some strength training 

5(175) -Van Jefferson - High Ceiling...Low Floor...one of the most polished route runner and nice size at 6’2 will add competition to bottom half of WR room

6(194)-Devin Asiasi-had one year of production reason why he so low.... but has size and can become a do it all in terms of blocking and catching

6(208)-Johnathan Garvin- Sackrell Replacement nice versatile backup ...Fluid and Long can backup P Smith 

6(209)- Logan Wilson - Small School sleeper rangy with size adds competition to ilb position

7(236)-Aaron Parker- never can have too many Aaron on offensive. Small school prospect Nice size and agility...need as much competition as possible in  the WR room.

7(242)-Tyler Huntley - Small however is accurate and senses pressure well and can pick up the first with his feet

AlexGreen#20 ...remember your buddy Rodgers falling like a rock when he got drafted?  Somebody every year drops down much further than expected.  Will it happen with Delpit?  Very likely he won't be there but saying that the possibility is just stupid is stupid.  Everybody has opinions ...  

Edited by coachbuns
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There aren't 16 players in this draft better than Delpit to say nothing of 56. 

Delpit at 30 is probably optimistic. Delpit at 57 is just stupid

From what I understand Delpit might have a medical red flag on a shoulder. His ability and/or willingness in the run game this past season was lacking compared to 2018. Was that the shoulder or just a business decision in protecting his body for the draft?

6 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There aren't 16 players in this draft better than Delpit to say nothing of 56. 

Delpit at 30 is probably optimistic. Delpit at 57 is just stupid

3 hours ago, Lieker said:

From what I understand Delpit might have a medical red flag on a shoulder. His ability and/or willingness in the run game this past season was lacking compared to 2018. Was that the shoulder or just a business decision in protecting his body for the draft?

Delpit's got a big red flag with his tackling and the durability concerns probably play into it. I remember him getting beat up AF this last season with Queen coming in to play clean up a lot of the time. I think AG20's dead wrong here. I like the talent and the talent is 1st round no doubt, but the injuries and tackling issues for whatever reason have him dropping, though I think he's one of those guys that's drafted somewhere between picks 37-47. Would be a bit surprised if he's at 57.

Charles at 81's early for me. He'll probably go between picks 90-115 though I like the player, Hamilton at 80 is great value. I'd stay pat at 62 and take Hamilton there and Charles at 136. Other than that, I like trading 30 and 92 for 40 and 57. Unless I really liked someone at 30, I'd make that trade any day. Also, I'm sour on Van Jefferson because of the age and injury, but if he's there at 175(which he won't be), I make that pick so fast the next team would be knocked out of sync.

Also, I love barley. Especially beef barley soups...

Edited by Joe

11 minutes ago, Joe said:

Delpit's got a big red flag with his tackling and the durability concerns probably play into it. I remember him getting beat up AF this last season with Queen coming in to play clean up a lot of the time. I think AG20's dead wrong here. I like the talent and the talent is 1st round no doubt, but the injuries and tackling issues for whatever reason have him dropping, though I think he's one of those guys that's drafted somewhere between picks 37-47. Would be a bit surprised if he's at 57.

Charles at 81's early for me. He'll probably go between picks 90-115 though I like the player, Hamilton at 80 is great value. I'd stay pat at 62 and take Hamilton there and Charles at 136. Other than that, I like trading 30 and 92 for 40 and 57. Unless I really liked someone at 30, I'd make that trade any day. Also, I'm sour on Van Jefferson because of the age and injury, but if he's there at 175(which he won't be), I make that pick so fast the next team would be knocked out of sync.

Also, I love barley. Especially beef barley soups...

I’ve seen Delpit mocked by many draftniks in the 2nd round. Actually, I think that’s more common than being mocked in the 1st currently. I would guess it’s an injury that would make him drop. His film in 18 had being consistently ranked a top 5-10 pick in the draft. Was that hype? On top of health/inconsistent 19 film he also has no combine/pro day numbers. Those concerns are hard to vet in this Covid 19 world we live in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

@Joe  It is really tough to beat a great homemade beef barley soup especially when it is a little chilly outside.

damn straight! I make my own with homemade ground beef as well. I get the thin sliced t-bones marked down to sell with a couple of super cheap steaks, feed the steaks though my grinder, and then use the bones to make the broth.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joe said:

make my own with homemade ground beef

I read this first only and was like oh so that's where all Joe's neighbors have been disappearing to.

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, coachbuns said:

AlexGreen#20 ...remember your buddy Rodgers falling like a rock when he got drafted?  Somebody every year drops down much further than expected.  Will it happen with Delpit?  Very likely he won't be there but saying that the possibility is just stupid is stupid.  Everybody has opinions ...  

I mean, it's not impossible but I usually venture into the cautious optimism category.  Realistically speaking, what percent chance would you put that Delpit is on the board in the late second round?

Honestly I think you have a better shot at Reagor at 57 and Delpit then at 40. I dont see Delpit falling, but to play devils advocate to see how he could. There very well could be a big run on both OT and WR in the first round then I could see another run on CB and QBs at the end of 1/early 2. Is all of that and him being a non premium position to a lot of teams and the second best at his position enough to make him fall to 57? I dont think it is and think he is gone in the top 32 for sure. His experience, size, and skillset is very appealing. 

Aside from the whole Delpit debate, I like Reagor, Charles, and Van Jefferson where we get them. Not a Hamilton fan at that spot. I like some of the things he brings to the table, but would want a guy that can do more in the pass rush game in the third, but at that point in the draft if they were good pass rushers and good run defenders they wouldnt last until the third, so not mad at that pick, but not overly excited. Much like when we picked Adams in the third, nothing special or exciting there with that pick. 

5 hours ago, Norm said:

I read this first only and was like oh so that's where all Joe's neighbors have been disappearing to.

A census-taker once tried to test me....I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti....

• Like 2