Tyler Eifert Out (Back/Knee)

SpanosPayYourRent

13 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Probably for the best. He'll be replaced by better blockers and we don't know how to use him anyway.

It's clearly not for the best, but it's not as bad as losing AJ.  The scoring per game historically takes a hit without Eifert in there.

5 hours ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

Time to start scouting 2nd and 3rd round TEs.

They'll go the same route as others with the franchise tag, then like every other franchised player besides Nugent, watch them walk away.  There is something oddly ironic with how the Nugent vs. every other tagged player worked out.

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

They'll go the same route as others with the franchise tag, then like every other franchised player besides Nugent, watch them walk away.  There is something oddly ironic with how the Nugent vs. every other tagged player worked out.

He misses too many games to tag.  And it's only going to get worse after the back surgery he had.

3 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

love using 1st round picks on TE's....oh wait

It's not like he hasn't been good.  At least he was a legit top 5 TE when healthy.  Gresham just sucked.

Also, Kroft did ok yesterday.  I'm ok with him and Uzomah if they move on from Eifert.

Just now, theJ said:

It's not like he hasn't been good.  At least he was a legit top 5 TE when healthy.  Gresham just sucked.

Also, Kroft did ok yesterday.  I'm ok with him and Uzomah if they move on from Eifert.

I know, but this team has never properly used a TE and then you use your 2nd 1st round pick in 5 years on a TE and people are saying not to give him a 2nd contract. Those are wasted picks IMO 

Archived