Defensive needs

I am in the minority, but the most efficient way to win games is to score as many points as humanly possible. 

The best way to protect our defense next year is to score points.

Finish building the offense and go from there. Gradually adding pieces to the defense over time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I am in the minority, but the most efficient way to win games is to score as many points as humanly possible. 

Finish building the offense and go from there. Gradually adding pieces to the defense over time.

I get this to a certain extent, but what are we supposed to add to the offense? We're pretty set besides LT. 

I could see WR to a degree.

I want to walk away with Josh Jones, Antoine Winfield jr, Julian Okwara, Jordan Elliott, and Terrell Burgess, and Willie Gay Jr.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I get this to a certain extent, but what are we supposed to add to the offense? We're pretty set besides LT. 

I could see WR to a degree.

I want to walk away with Josh Jones, Antoine Winfield jr, Julian Okwara, Jordan Elliott, and Terrell Burgess, and Willie Gay Jr.

Yep. 

LT

RG

Huge margin

Then wr3, te and rb3.

51 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Willie Gay Jr.

Heck of a player, heck of an athlete, heck of a red flag flyer (breaking his own QB's orbital socket). Plays the same spot as Mack. 

Not impossible that he'd get drafted here, but not likely either. Don't get your hopes up. 

11 hours ago, MWil23 said:

We need a LOT on defense.

Our S situation is an abject disaster.

Our LB corps is a joke.

The interior DL situation is adequate at best, with little depth.

The DE situation opposite Myles is "meh" at best, with Vernon and then a bunch of JAGs.

Ward/Greedy opposite each other at CB are promising.

You could make the argument that we could go nothing but Defense this draft outside of hopefully an OT in Round 1 and be correct.

Agree, shore up the starting OL at #10 with a OT and then get crazy with defense. Especially with LB/S. Would looove to snag Chinn/Davis/Dugger in the 2nd round and then Malik Harrison/Davis-Gathier in the 3rd. 

Coming out of this draft with your LT of the future and 2 immediate contributors at S/LB after that would be a big win.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Heck of a player, heck of an athlete, heck of a red flag flyer (breaking his own QB's orbital socket). Plays the same spot as Mack. 

Not impossible that he'd get drafted here, but not likely either. Don't get your hopes up. 

Who is the ideal linebacker for us in this draft?

we need to decide if Mack is a will or mike. 

who would be Mikes that would fit next Mack

Who would be the complimentary Wills?

It depends on which LB we are looking for 

If we are looking for someone to play the mike my choices would be

Logan Wilson- Wyoming

Shaq Quarterman- Miami

Jordan Brooks- Texas Tech

Malik Harrison- Ohio St.

Edited by Dawgpoun8017
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Someone who is a great tackler. 

Linebackers who whiff and give playmakers extra chances at the second and third levels are the death of defenses imo.

Someone who can tackle and isn’t a complete stiff in coverage. It seems like every time we find a good coverage guy they can’t tackle or a good tackler they can’t cover. That’s what made kirk special and why it sucks he couldn’t stay healthy. 

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

OK you get pick 10 in the draft pick your picks so that we beat Mahomes,big BEn, and drew breese.

17 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We need a absolutely need a FS. I think we go with one in the second. Sendejo is just a depth guy and redwine is still so unknown. I think we can get by with what we have at pass rusher. Especially with the addition of clayborn. I’m more worried about stopping the run. Myles hasn’t exactly proven he can do that. He hasn’t had more than 35 tackles in a season. Vernon is good but gets hurt. And Larry o/Richardson got pushed around last year. Karl Joseph is good for a safety but he looks for the big hit too often. 

What do you think about the 2nd round safeties this year?