NFL Names 2010s All-Decade Teams

BlaqOptic

I got mad respect for Patrick Willis career but he only played 5 seasons in 2010s and one was only for 5 games. Gimme Lavonte David, Thomas Davis or even Paul Posluszny who doesnt get enough  love over willis in the 10s.

Edited by djw4bucs
  • Like 3

Just now, djw4bucs said:

I got mad respect for Patrick Willis career but he only played 5 seasons and one was only for 5 games. Gimme Lavonte David, Thomas Davis or even Paul Posluszny who doesnt get enough  love over willis in the 10s.

Even having retired 6 years ago, Willis had a much bigger impact on the game in the 2010s than any of those players. 

• Like 1

To me, they absolutely butchered the trenches… Got A LOT wrong…

Andrew Witworth and Jason Peter’s resumes are virtually identical on paper right down to the amount of sacks and pressures allowed and All-Pro nominations. The major difference is Peters has 5 more Pro Bowls. Don’t see how Peters makes first team and Witworth doesn’t even make the team while Joe Staley does?!

Logan Mankins making it over the likes of DeCastro and Sitton is absolutely 100% egregious!

The lack of Cameron Wake is an absolute embarrassment and the inclusion of Chandler Jones as a Linebacker as opposed to a Defensive End is a joke considering he’s spent more time at the latter. 

I have no idea how Fletcher Cox made the team. A lot of guys with 0 or 1 All-Pros making the All-Decade team.

P-Willy is a Hall of Famer, IMO. However, he only played 5 seasons this decade, the last one was cut short due to the injury and the year prior he was a shell of himself due to the feet issues. Bowman was better THIS decade than Willis was and played longer in this decade.

• Like 4

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

To me, they absolutely butchered the trenches… Got A LOT wrong…

Andrew Witworth and Jason Peter’s resumes are virtually identical on paper right down to the amount of sacks and pressures allowed and All-Pro nominations. The major difference is Peters has 5 more Pro Bowls. Don’t see how Peters makes first team and Witworth doesn’t even make the team while Joe Staley does?!

Logan Mankins making it over the likes of DeCastro and Sitton is absolutely 100% egregious!

The lack of Cameron Wake is an absolute embarrassment and the inclusion of Chandler Jones as a Linebacker as opposed to a Defensive End is a joke considering he’s spent more time at the latter. 

I have no idea how Fletcher Cox made the team. A lot of guys with 0 or 1 All-Pros making the All-Decade team.

P-Willy is a Hall of Famer, IMO. However, he only played 5 seasons this decade, the last one was cut short due to the injury and the year prior he was a shell of himself due to the feet issues. Bowman was better THIS decade than Willis was and played longer in this decade.

Agree with all this. Mankins was one of the most overrated players in the league for a majority of his career. 

• Like 1

I'm glad Frank Gore made it. That should help toward Hall of Fame down the road.

I believe I see 3 repeater players from the 2000-2009 All-Decade team. One is blatantly obvious. Among the other two one surprises me because I associate his dominance more with the prior decade.

4 minutes ago, Awsi Dooger said:

I'm glad Frank Gore made it. That should help toward Hall of Fame down the road.

I believe I see 3 repeater players from the 2000-2009 All-Decade team. One is blatantly obvious. Among the other two one surprises me because I associate his dominance more with the prior decade.

In Hester's case it's largely because the position is just being phased out. 

13 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Easy to say that when people can't see you laughing while you typed that post. :D

3x All-Pro Kelce who's easily been better than Frederick the last 3 years?

2x All-Pro (Plus 3 2nd Team) Pouncey who was easily better than Frederick early in his career?

Or Mack who has been as good for 3 years longer with the one key difference being one 1st Team All-Pro instead of 2nd Team? Oh, but Mack never had an All-Decade Guard next to him.

12 minutes ago, Starless said:

In Hester's case it's largely because the position is just being phased out. 

It's interesting that the prior decade he was named as punt returner and this time as kick returner. Seems like he could have been both in the prior decade but I guess they don't want to do that

39 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

3x All-Pro Kelce who's easily been better than Frederick the last 3 years?

The last 3 years? Wow for a guy who loves to rely on facts its a wonder you didn't bring up Fred battling a life altering illness which he just recently retired because of. And Kelce did not outplay him in 2017 Fred was still a monster that year that elevated the line. The only real reason he got in over Fred was because of Nick Foles leading them so far in the playoffs.

39 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

2x All-Pro (Plus 3 2nd Team) Pouncey who was easily better than Frederick early in his career?

Or Mack who has been as good for 3 years longer with the one key difference being one 1st Team All-Pro instead of 2nd Team? Oh, but Mack never had an All-Decade Guard next to him.

Wow 2 guys who had 3 extra years on Fred had more pro bowls color me shocked. 

Fact is Fred has only played 5 unaffected years in the league and out of the 6 he did play he still got all of his accolades which amounted to one less pro bowl then Mack and yet still tied him in all-pro selections. I can only imagine what he would have done had he been selected in 2010 and didn't have to cut his career short because of a life altering illness. 

Fred was money since day one.

6 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

The last 3 years? Wow for a guy who loves to rely on facts its a wonder you didn't bring up Fred battling a life altering illness which he just recently retired because of. And Kelce did not outplay him in 2017 Fred was still a monster that year that elevated the line. The only real reason he got in over Fred was because of Nick Foles leading them so far in the playoffs.

Frederick battling a disease or not is irrelevant. It's the All-Pro and All-Decade teams; not the All would have been better if not for a disease team. Also, given that All-Pro voting happens BEFORE the playoffs your last point is 100% completely moot and further cements you're being a homer.

Wow 2 guys who had 3 extra years on Fred had more pro bowls color me shocked. 

So length of quality has no barring on All-Decade? Color me shocked.

Fact is Fred has only played 5 unaffected years in the league and out of the 6 he did play he still got all of his accolades which amounted to one less pro bowl then Mack and yet still tied him in all-pro selections. I can only imagine what he would have done had he been selected in 2010 and didn't have to cut his career short because of a life altering illness. 

Fred was money since day one.

But none of those things matter so who gives a damn. Travis Frederick was RIGHTFULLY not considered, and was the 4th best Center of the decade at best. 

Also, now that I think of it, while not a terrible selection, Larry Fitzerald made it as a legacy award as it feels weird to not include a guy who till have top 5 all time stats on either All-Decade team for the two decades he played. All Decade for me would have gone Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, DeMaryius Thomas, AJ Green, DeAndre Hopkins in that order. Fitzgerald

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

Frederick battling a disease or not is irrelevant. It's the All-Pro and All-Decade teams; not the All would have been better if not for a disease team. Also, given that All-Pro voting happens BEFORE the playoffs your last point is 100% completely moot and further cements you're being a homer.

I never said it was relevant. But in terms of his playing years he was a unbelievably dominant center that transformed his offense from his position. I'm saying his dominant 5 years was a more impressive display worthy of the decade team then Mack was with his 10. 

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

So length of quality has no barring on All-Decade? Color me shocked.

But none of those things matter so who gives a damn. Travis Frederick was RIGHTFULLY not considered, and was the 4th best Center of the decade at best. 

You're discounting him because of lack of accolades and yet his is very similar to Mack and with less years played. That is more then worthy of consideration.