NFL Names 2010s All-Decade Teams

BlaqOptic

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

I never said it was relevant. But in terms of his playing years he was a unbelievably dominant center that transformed his offense from his position. I'm saying his dominant 5 years was a more impressive display worthy of the decade team then Mack was with his 10. 

Mack was largely cited as the second most important piece of an offense that made Matt Ryan an MVP and went to the Super Bowl; something Frederick will never come close to doing. 

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

You're discounting him because of lack of accolades and yet his is very similar to Mack and with less years played. That is more then worthy of consideration. 

But it's not. They both played great... Mack did it longer... What's so hard to comprehend about that?

2 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Mack was largely cited as the second most important piece of an offense that made Matt Ryan an MVP and went to the Super Bowl; something Frederick will never come close to doing. 

But it's not. They both played great... Mack did it longer... What's so hard to comprehend about that?

People have said the exact same of Fred's 2014 and 2016 season's where others have outright knocked Dak, Tony, Murray and Zeke for have car line holes and all day to throw with the performance and dominance he showed up front while directing the at the LOS. 

Mack did do it for longer but not as great as Fred. 

19 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

People have said the exact same of Fred's 2014 and 2016 season's where others have outright knocked Dak, Tony, Murray and Zeke for have car line holes and all day to throw with the performance and dominance he showed up front while directing the at the LOS. 

Mack did do it for longer but not as great as Fred. 

Alright, let's pretend that's the case; Then Fred didn't do it as great/long as Pouncey or as great as Kelce.

4 hours ago, DannyB said:

At first glance, I feel like I could find a better LB than Chandler Jones, but I haven't really looked in it.

Chander Jones had 96 sacks in 9 seasons of the 10s. How many guys even have more? Can't be too many.

Khalil Mack shouldn't be on the list. He hasn't played enough. Recency bias of the player he is now is propping him up.

Terrell Suggs and Clay Matthews both did a lot more in the decade, especially when you include playoffs. TBH, they should have fit in more edge players instead of including a backup punter and kicker.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Norm said:

Chander Jones had 96 sacks in 9 seasons of the 10s. How many guys even have more? Can't be too many.

Probably the most underrated player of the decade. 10+ sacks pretty much every year he was healthy except his rookie year. Had a great argument for 2017 DPOY (I had Donald like most, but it was really close). 

His star was on the rise in NE but then everyone seems to have forgotten about him after he was traded to Arizona. Definitely think he is worthy.

In the 2010's
t-2nd in sacks (with JJ Watt)
13th TFL
13th QB hits
1st in Forced Fumbles

Those are including DL as well so definitely merited selection imo

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Which DT are you putting over him? 5x pro bowl, 4x all-pro. Key cog on one of the league's best run defenses since 2016.

Stop. He may be a 4x All-Pro but 3 of those are second team including one time where he got literally 1 vote.

Gerald McCoy would likely get my nod over Cox.

3 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

I could find a better LB than Chandler Jones. Could not find a better pass rusher/edge.

Fair enough, but it's also clear that he's in as an edge player, even if it says "LB" right?

2 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

I could find a better LB than Chandler Jones. Could not find a better pass rusher/edge.

The problem in this day in age when some LB are meant to do that you can't just exclude them for that. Maybe we should change positions but as it is this how it needs to be done. And a pass rusher of his caliber is more valuable than a protypical LB

• Like 1