Turtle’s Rnd 1 Mock - No Trades

turtle28

Looks good on the Falcons end we will gladly take Chaisson at 16 almost everytime unless 1 of  Simmons, Brown, Kinlaw, Okudah, or Young fall to us which has very very little chance of happening outside of Kinlaw im guessing and even thats sorta small lol. 

On 4/6/2020 at 4:19 PM, turtle28 said:

32. Chiefs: JK Dobbins, RB, OSU

Bad joke. Not funny.

On 4/6/2020 at 5:00 PM, kingseanjohn said:

We need to go LB or CB here. They're out biggest needs and also close enough to BPA that it isn't a reach. The RB class is deep and we should wait until the 2nd-4th rounds depending on how it falls.

Zack Baun, Jaylon Johnson, AJ Terrell, or Jeff Gladney would be my preferred order in this scenario. Could swap the first two.

Agreed. To bad they missed Blacklock. He would be the obvious pick.

6 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Bad joke. Not funny.

Agreed. To bad they missed Blacklock. He would be the obvious pick.

Why is Dobbins not a good pick? He’s was awesome in college and if not for his ankle injury I think OSU beats Clemson and makes it to the NCAA Championship game.

Dobbins amassed over 2000 yards rushing last year & 23 rushing TDs in 14 games and 2250 yards & 25 TDs (combined rushing & receiving) last year. He’s what Mark Ingram is now, but on day 1.

Edited by turtle28

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

No Henry Ruggs in the first round?

Crap, I thought I had did I not? That’s a mistake. I might have moved him when I was switching some things around. I’ll fix, thanks Mike.

He’s there, #15 to the Broncos. There’s just no space between 14 & 15, and not ask me why I couldn’t figure it out either.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Crap, I thought I had jinx did I not? That’s a mistake. I might have moved him when I was switching some things around. I’ll fix, thanks Mike.

Considering there is now talk he's going to be the #1 WR, I figured you need him in there ;) 

On 4/6/2020 at 10:20 PM, candyman93 said:

I like Andrew Thomas over Wills

I do too, I’ll switch it. Scouts have Wills & Wirfs rated higher but that’s more off a projection of their upside then them currently being better & forever being good maybe even a great LT as I think Thomas currently is and will always be. 

I get why scouts are projecting the athletic RTs higher but as a GM, I would take the already solid and proven SEC LT.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Considering there is now talk he's going to be the #1 WR, I figured you need him in there ;) 

He’s there, #15 to the Broncos. For some reason the site switches my font size when I copy and paste things and then it didn’t do a space after #14, I added a space so it’s easier to see.

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He’s there, #15 to the Broncos. For some reason the site switches my font size when I copy and paste things and then it didn’t do a space after #14, I added a space so it’s easier to see.

When you paste, do you see the black box "  Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead"?

Use that. It helps with formatting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Why is Dobbins not a good pick? He’s was awesome in college and if not for his ankle injury I think OSU beats Clemson and makes it to the NCAA Championship game.

Dobbins amassed over 2000 yards rushing last year & 23 rushing TDs in 14 games and 2250 yards & 25 TDs (combined rushing & receiving) last year. He’s what Mark Ingram is now, but on day 1.

Dobbins is not a first round talent. There are none in this draft at RB. He will be a solid NFL player, but he is no Adrian Peterson. Damien Williams is not a household name and he was once an UDFA, but I am not sure Dobbins could take his starting position, certainly not day 1. For one thing, Williams is faster. Did you see him blow by the 49er defense to put the Super Bowl away?

RB is not a need position. Shady McCoy did not even suit up for the Super Bowl and he was healthy. Where the team is thin is DT, where Chris Jones has a contract hanging, CB, IOL, ILB and Edge. They have issues at OT and TE looming in a year or two. RB is way down the list.

J