Some PFF data on the WR draft class

dcat

Just now, Bianconero said:

This is a very good post

It came from the WR thread in the NFL Draft forum.  

I didn't know about "footballs future " forums until last week.  That draft forum has some remarkable posters with remarkable knowledge. Being stuck home, I've been doing a deep dive into that forum.  Some of those guys are every bit as good as some of the talking heads and better than most.    

• Like 1

Jeudy: Mr. versatility.  Can run any route well.  And the other one I'd be thrilled to land is Justin Jefferson. In most other drafts, do we realize where he would be taken?

Edited by dcat

Just now, Bianconero said:

This WR really is beautiful

Imagine coming out of this with CeeDee Lamb at 11 and Brandon Aiyuk at 48

Let Joe trust himself to unearth more late-round OL gems

One can drool

That’d be great... but I’d say there’s a .01% chance of that happening.

1 minute ago, dcat said:

I've been saying that all along.  

yup. The more research I've done on this draft and seeing what we did in FA. I would use our 1st pick on a WR, because you are in a position to be locked a stud at WR that instantly upgrades our WR room. And I doubt the best OTs fall to us and I see some solid options that we could get in round 2 or move up to get.

But the level of talent that possibly falls to us at #11 at WR, would be insane to pass up. I doubt all the top WRs fall to us, but if we had our option I'd take a WR then try to land a tier 2 OT round 2. 

Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs are special. 

Imagine having Jeudy at WR consistently getting open for Darnold? Having Lamb out there getting open plus bailing Darnold out with winning contested battles consistently?  Having Ruggs burning and creating problems for the defense with his elite speed? 

IMO more valuable than a OT who probably will not be great right away. Especially when they already paid Fant to be their LT.  We have  no one at WR, Perriman is a #3-4 WR. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

yup. The more research I've done on this draft and seeing what we did in FA. I would use our 1st pick on a WR, because you are in a position to be locked a stud at WR that instantly upgrades our WR room. And I doubt the best OTs fall to us and I see some solid options that we could get in round 2 or move up to get.

You complete me.  Like you, I want the best of the best and I know JD will get a solid OT in round 2, one that fits his and AG's scheme.  There are a lot of people who bunch those 4 top OTs together , as though they would all appeal to JD and Gase.  I doubt that.  Just like I doubt they's be happy with any of Ruggs/Jeudy/Lamb.

JD is going to wait to see if the "right" OTs fall to 11 or not.  One thing for sure, is that he should have a minimum of choosing one out of those 3 WRs.  

Actually, my real hope is to trade down enough to get a 2nd round and play the same WR, OT shell game, only now Josh Jones, Higgins, Jefferson enter into the mix.  

• Like 1