Some PFF data on the WR draft class

dcat

1 hour ago, dcat said:

You complete me.  Like you, I want the best of the best and I know JD will get a solid OT in round 2, one that fits his and AG's scheme.  There are a lot of people who bunch those 4 top OTs together , as though they would all appeal to JD and Gase.  I doubt that.  Just like I doubt they's be happy with any of Ruggs/Jeudy/Lamb.

JD is going to wait to see if the "right" OTs fall to 11 or not.  One thing for sure, is that he should have a minimum of choosing one out of those 3 WRs.  

Actually, my real hope is to trade down enough to get a 2nd round and play the same WR, OT shell game, only now Josh Jones, Higgins, Jefferson enter into the mix.  

Man... i want to but i just can't sell myself on Higgins.  I wouldn't be upset if he was taken at 48, but I get some Treadwell vibes from him.  

9 hours ago, rampantjet said:

Man... i want to but i just can't sell myself on Higgins.  I wouldn't be upset if he was taken at 48, but I get some Treadwell vibes from him.  

Don't be surprised when Philly snags him in Round 1.  Then Green Bay takes Mims.

10 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

This chart doesn't make sense.  Some of these don't even come close to 100%

Talk to PFF about that.  I did a little research and Aiyuk's breakdown is most similar to Tavon Austin's routes in the NFL.  I can't explain Shenault at all.  I hope JD can avoid them both.  THere a so many others I'd rather see in green and white.   Ruggs, Jeudy and Jefferson are the most diverse.  

God I hope JD goes WR in round 1.  Especially if the wrong OT falls to 11.  They are not all great fits for Gase's O.  This whole idea of "you have to take one of the top 4 OTs, regardless of fit"  is just so amateurish.  Especially when you have good fits that can be had in rd 2.  I trust JD.

I know 75% don't agree, so no need to counter, because I know what will be said.  

Edited by dcat

44 minutes ago, dcat said:

Talk to PFF about that.  I did a little research and Aiyuk's breakdown is most similar to Tavon Austin's routes in the NFL.  I can't explain Shenault at all.  I hope JD can avoid them both.  THere a so many others I'd rather see in green and white.   Ruggs, Jeudy and Jefferson are the most diverse.  

God I hope JD goes WR in round 1.  Especially if the wrong OT falls to 11.  They are not all great fits for Gase's O.  This whole idea of "you have to take one of the top 4 OTs, regardless of fit"  is just so amateurish.  Especially when you have good fits that can be had in rd 2.  I trust JD.

I know 75% don't agree, so no need to counter, because I know what will be said.  

Ive been open that I wanted a OT at 11 all before FA. But the way FA shook out, it switched to me now wanting WR at 11. I'll state that I've always viewed a few of the OTs and a few of the WRs worthy of that spot, so its not changing my value of these guys. Its changing what I think we need and my board based on need.

That all being said... the Jets never choose who I like with our 1st Round pick. I loved getting Darnold... but before that I have to go all the way back to DBrick and Mangold as to 1st Rounders I loved that we took. And that was in 2006.

• Like 1