Baseball is back? 60 game season incoming

DirtyDez

I've only read one article on ideas how to pull off a baseball season but this lock up / confirm an entire major leagues in some Arizona region - keep everybody isolated for months on end so they can play in "sanitized" stadiums with no crowds......sounds really far fetched.

I don't have any issue with anyone trying to get creative so that we can have baseball back without endangering public safety, but we are entering the peak of COVID-19 right now. It's not the time, but the MLB is so PR braindead they're going to make people mad over an idea that might be better received 3-4 weeks from now.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't have any issue with anyone trying to get creative so that we can have baseball back without endangering public safety, but we are entering the peak of COVID-19 right now. It's not the time, but the MLB is so PR braindead they're going to make people mad over an idea that might be better received 3-4 weeks from now.

You say that like you're surprised.

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I have no issue with baseball in Arizona if they can work out the logistics. They have like 7 fields there right? You could probably fit in 2-3 games in per field. How will they do the minor league games though?

10 spring training stadiums and Chase Field all within an hour drive at the most.  Most of the facilities have multiple fields.  

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

why in the world would people get mad over baseball coming back in a responsible manner?

• 10 Spring Training sites
  • Chase Field
  • 2 Arizona State baseball fields
  • Grand Canyon baseball field

Thats 14 stadiums. You would need one more if you played regular season, unless you 100% played a double header 5 days a week. Grand Canyon is small in the alleys, but it would work in a pinch and is nice. 

My biggest question, is where are you going to have all teams camped out. You have 10 teams in Arizona that share facilities now. You can throw three teams at the college baseball stadiums. You can throw Arizona in Chase and have someone else take their camp for this year. Thats 14. You have 5 other teams that have their own facilities in Arizona, and since full systems wont be down, you can have a second team sharing space. Thats 24. You still need space for 6 other teams. Gonna try to put three teams at some sites? I dont know about that.